New Vegetarian :) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-22-2011, 12:56 PM

Hey there everyone.
Today I watched Earthlings and I was so upset and sickened...I decided to become a vege
I don't want to be part of that society that harms animals. I love animals, I have pets and love them and see them as a part of the family. Before I would eat meat because I saw it as natural as every other predator animal eats it but after seeing that documentry I don't want to do it anymore and I want to try to only buy animal safe products like makeup.
I don't want my well earned money lining the pockets of people that harm animals.

I can tell its going to be hard :/ I tried to be one before but it lasted around a week. Im hoping that with like minded people supporting me I can find a way to stay vege
Its going to be difficult but im going to try my hardest <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi Little Eskimo

welcome to veggieboards

It can be hard making the change from an omnivorous diet to a veggie one, so take your time and don't worry if you make mistakes, or sometimes eat what you don't really want to. Don't beat yourself up about it, and look on the positive side - every veggie meal is a step forward.

You'll get plenty of help on here, we have lots of ideas for food if you get stuck. And there are plenty of us from the UK to advice you where to get the veggie food you need and want.

Well done for starting on the journey to living a more compassionate life. We are with you all the way!
#3 Old 09-22-2011, 02:08 PM

Thankyou Im going to try to wean myself off meat. I don't eat lamb or pork anyway and I hate burgers (textures lol) so I don't think it would be too difficult. Its more chicken, beef and fish I need to concentrate on.
Im also hoping I will have a healthier lifestyle. Im not going to go onto nothing but chips and chocolate. Im going to try salds and nuts and fruit and those kinds of things
I already have my boyfriend and some family making fun of me a little. But my sister used to be a vege (before she had kids) and she said it was the best thing ever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEskimo View Post

Thankyou Im going to try to wean myself off meat. I don't eat lamb or pork anyway and I hate burgers (textures lol) so I don't think it would be too difficult. Its more chicken, beef and fish I need to concentrate on.
Im also hoping I will have a healthier lifestyle. Im not going to go onto nothing but chips and chocolate. Im going to try salds and nuts and fruit and those kinds of things
I already have my boyfriend and some family making fun of me a little. But my sister used to be a vege (before she had kids) and she said it was the best thing ever

There are loads of recipes around for you to experiment with. You can use quorn instead of chicken as a vegetarian (it's not vegan, it has egg in it), and there are loads of veggie burgers, veggie sausages etc to make the transition a little easier.

Some people like to concentrate on changing one meal a day - for example, they eat vegetarian breakfasts, when they get used to that they add vegetarian lunches, then vegetarian dinners. Or have one day a week as a vegetarian, then two, then three.....it's all up to you.

Let us know if you need any help!
#5 Old 09-22-2011, 02:23 PM

Don't be mad or give up if you mess up. Take the process slowly if you need to. I've always been a veggie but it took my mom about 4 years to completely cut meat out of her diet.
Positive thoughts are being sent your way
#6 Old 09-22-2011, 02:45 PM

Thanks guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page