British Vegetarian, transitioning to Veganism - Newbie. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-29-2011, 06:07 AM

Hey all, I'm Stacey, 19, from the North-West of England!

I became a Vegetarian in September of 2006, and I can honestly say, it was the best decision I've ever made! Where I live, there aren't many opportunities for Vegetarians/Vegans to get to know each other, so I thought I'd take my chances online, it's just nice to know that you're not alone in the world

I've always been pretty much of an animal-rights activist, much to the dismay of my family. Speaking of family, I told them of my desire to become a full vegan, they had less problems with me coming out as a lesbian.

So 'hello' everybody, and here's to becoming more accustomed with the board
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-29-2011, 09:43 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm from England too.
#3 Old 03-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Ex-*****

Welcome to VB! England is actually one of the better countries for veganism. A lot of products (foods, body-care etc.) are labelled "suitable for vegans" or it will have the Vegan Society logo of approval on it. (And btw, the Vegan Society is headquartered in Birmingham and they make a magazine called "The Vegan".) Many restaurants have vegan options or dishes that can easily be veganised and people in general actually often know what "vegan" means. And if you go any bigger city you're guaranteed to find a vegetarian restaurant with vegan options. And definitely a health food shop, like Holland & Barret. I've lived here for almost 5 years and this is one of the aspects of English society that I appreciate the most.

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome

as Indian Summer said, it's fairly easy being a vegetarian and a vegan in the UK. Most restaurants understand the words.

And if you like cooking, or are willing to learn, it's a breeze!

just ask any questions you like - I guarantee that someone will know the answer
#5 Old 03-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Veggie Regular

A Warm welcome to you to the Veggieboards and family can be so mean at anything that is shocking that is not normal to them Hang in There and you will be a pro at this with friendships also
#6 Old 04-01-2011, 08:11 PM

nyah...im from london and it feels like people are throwing eggs at me whenever i have to try to order in a restaurant TT_TT but the supermarkets and health food shops are rather spiffy...and its weird, i have 5 close friends, and since i joined their friendship group, one of them has converted to vegetarian/vegan precisely every month o.o only one of them remains unconverted, but i shall soon see to that >

Neutrality means that you don't really care
Cause the struggle goes on even when you're not there
Blind and unaware~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page