Yellow! I'm Bre! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-05-2011, 07:15 PM

So I am from Texas land of cowboys and cows. Im kidding. I hate the Texas cliche but people do LOVE their meat there... Since I was little and saw a goat get hung from a tree and slaughtered at mine and another cousins 5th birthday party ( very much a apart of mexican culture to raise animals your self and eat em for a special occasion, I love my family, but not that part ) I was scarred. So eating meat has really never been my thing. In my small home town I never knew someone who didnt eat meat. We didnt have a whole food store and in my family if you didnt eat meat the question asked was "are you sick mija?!". I had a horrible diet filled with processed food. I moved out of Texas and to Colorado and hot damn! Being healthy is so easy here with access to organic foods. One of my best friends Jennifer who has been a vegan has a great inspiration and the one who introduced me to this wonderful website! everything I need to start a healthy veg. diet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Veggie Regular

WELCOME

There are no reasons to not go vegan, only excuses.
#3 Old 02-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Veggie Regular

¡Bienvenidos a VeggieBoards! Glad you've come, and I hope you find a home among other isolated vegetarians here. A lot of us know what that's like for you, so never fear, you are not alone. ¿Hablas español?

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-05-2011, 10:51 PM

When I saw this title, I knew it was you. I miss you so. But I am so glad youve joined this with me.

"I think it's naive to pray for world peace if we're not going to change the form in which we live." Godfrey Reggio
#5 Old 02-05-2011, 10:55 PM

Bre, I am so glad that I can be an inspiration to you. You can do this, especially in CO, where you have an abundance of options!

"I think it's naive to pray for world peace if we're not going to change the form in which we live." Godfrey Reggio
#6 Old 02-06-2011, 02:19 AM
Ex-*****

Welcome to VB! I'm glad you decided to join us!

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
#7 Old 02-07-2011, 05:50 PM

Thanks and the dancin veggies are pretty rad.
#8 Old 02-07-2011, 05:51 PM

i loooooooooooove you dear. and cant wait till june
#9 Old 02-07-2011, 05:52 PM

i so wish i spoke spanish im the black sheep in everyway in my family haha.
#10 Old 02-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by breannamarie View Post

i so wish i spoke spanish im the black sheep in everyway in my family haha.

Nonsense, you can always learn now, as an adult. One of the people to whom I am teaching Spanish right now is 88 years old. If she finds it valuable, age is not a real barrier.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#11 Old 02-08-2011, 02:47 PM

Welcome! I am new as well, and an Arizonian neighbor!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page