My New Vegetarian Adventure in Ann Arbor - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-26-2010, 10:30 PM

Hi! In an attempt to lose weight, feel healthier, save money, and expand my knowledge of food culture around the world, I have decided to challenge myself by cooking vegetarian only. So far so good with couscous and chickpeas, but I am here hoping to find some good, fulfilling vegetarian meals that don't involve fake meat like so many young vegetarians I know.

I love cooking, and I am excited about this new food challenge! Since I am a writer, I have also decided to record my (mis)adventures in order to not get rusty in the word department. It also helps me to feel motivated and keep on the path. Hoping this board helps me out there, too!

===
Adventures in Food and Word
http://foodandword.blogspot.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB! I'm from Ann Arbor too, it's nice to see more Michigan people on here.

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.
#3 Old 12-26-2010, 10:40 PM

Yay! Michigan pride! ;D I just moved to Ann Arbor in September from San Francisco. I am originally from Kalamazoo, though, so the snow does not scare me! I do miss the fresh produce that was so easy to get in CA. I am so sad with avocados here. They seem so rubbery. Is there a good place to buy decent avocados in Ann Arbor?

===
Adventures in Food and Word
http://foodandword.blogspot.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I've lived in Ann Arbor most of my life so I must be used to our less than fresh avocados but you might try Sunshine Market if you haven't already. They typically have good cheap produce. I haven't been in there since they moved to their new location (the one I linked to) but I wouldn't think it would have changed too much.

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page