Re-introduction introduction . . . thing - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-24-2010, 09:06 AM

Hello veggie people! I spent a little bit of time here when I was first deciding to be vegetarian back in 2006, and now I've wandered back. Although I was just going to poke around the recipes for tasty things to eat, it seems I got distracted and started posting so I thought I should introduce myself.

So, I'm 29 years old, and have been vegetarian for roughly 4 years. In that time have done a lot of waffling about cutting out the eggs and dairy until I suddenly realized that the puppy mill rescues I work with have come from a place very much like a dairy farm. (Not a hard connection to make, but we are raised with such powerful lines drawn between companion animals and farm animals that I didn't even realize they were still there.) Now I am really working on changing because this is serious business.

So, looking back through my calendar at the little V's I've been writing on the pages, it looks am on day 15 of my best vegan eating streak so far. I have not begun addressing my woolen yarn addiction yet - just focusing on the food issues for now. Fortunately I have enough yarn in my house to keep me knitting for several years, by which time I should be steady enough on the path of vegan goodness that I will have no problem buying Borocco Comfort instead of Misti Alpaca. (This should save me some money, too.)

A bit about the rest of my life - I live in Wisconsin, but am from Wyoming and miss it terribly. I am a pediatric pharmacist though, and there's not much call for that sort of work back home. (But there should be! I keep hearing rumors that the hospital in Cheyenne is expanding pediatric services, so here's hoping.) I have a dear boyfriend who is omni (he says "flexitarian) but perfect in every other way so I forgive him. He is a great cook and gardener and keeps my tummy full of delicious garden-fresh marinara sauce and veggie chili, though not at the same time of course.

I also share my home with one tabby cat named Pixel and one Sheltie-ish dog named Sheridan. Pixel has been with me since Wyoming, and Sheridan showed up this summer chained to a post outside the Humane Society shelter where we volunteer. We used the unfair advantage of meeting him before anyone else to be first in line with the adoption application, and now he and Pixel are getting along very well.

Anyhow, that's probably more than enough for you all to want to read at one go, so I'll stop. I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Ankle Biter

Welcome back to VB! And good luck on your transition to vegan.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#3 Old 10-25-2010, 05:50 AM

Applescruff. I am looking for the forum to introduce myself. How did you do this? I can't seem to find it.
Patricias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Hello! Welcome back to VB!

I haven't given up wool yarn yet either... but eventually I will! Or maybe I will find some from local small farmers. Hmm.
#5 Old 10-25-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia1 View Post

Applescruff. I am looking for the forum to introduce myself. How did you do this? I can't seem to find it.
Patricias

It's on the main page at the top.

Here is a link:https://www.veggieboards.com/newvb/fo...oduce-Yourself

#6 Old 10-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome!

Did you write the book of love, and do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so? Do you believe in rock Ân roll,
Can music save your mortal soul, And can you teach me how to dance real slow?
#7 Old 10-26-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeitanWorship View Post

Hello! Welcome back to VB!

I haven't given up wool yarn yet either... but eventually I will! Or maybe I will find some from local small farmers. Hmm.

The local farmers can be so hard to resist! There is one place nearby where you can meet the alpacas and pet them and hug them, and when you need more yarn in that particular shade you say, "I'd like to buy another skein of Prince Henry's yarn," because you know his name.

A lot of the local sheep farmers around here sell organic free-range lamb alongside their wool, though. Not nice at all.
#8 Old 10-27-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post

It's on the main page at the top.

Here is a link:https://www.veggieboards.com/newvb/fo...oduce-Yourself

Applesruff. Thank you. I will try this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page