New :) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Hello everyone, I'm Kate...feeling a little awkward about the introduction but I figure a good way to start would just be to sum up my story of becoming vegetarian.

To be honest, I was never a "fan" of meat growing up. A lot of nights I was at the kitchen table for hours stubbornly not eating the steak on my plate and while my whole family loved getting subs filled with 4 different kinds of deli meat, I'd ask if I could just get the lettuce and cheese. I'm not sure why it took me so long to finally go veg. Around this past Thanksgiving time I watched a few videos, did some reading, and really educated myself about what was happening to animals who ended up on my plate. I was deeply disturbed that I had kept myself in the dark all this time about the truth. I decided that I wanted to go vegetarian at that point, but sadly had a few "slip ups" until I finally stuck with it. So now it's been almost three months since starting my new veg life style, and I've never felt better. I just can't believe it took me so long but glad I finally did.

Well that's the short version! Can't wait to read around the boards.

--Kate
Life is around you and in you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-27-2010, 11:27 PM

Hi Kate!! Nice to meet you
#3 Old 04-28-2010, 12:50 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

Welcome to VB

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page