newly vegan - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-22-2010, 10:20 PM

Hey everybody,

A while back, I tried to be "vegetarian" for a few years, but I used the word in the loosest sense possible. Basically, I just didn't eat meat. I usually didn't even care if stuff had meat in it as long as I could pick around it (ew!). Anyway, I was pretty half-hearted about the whole thing. Looking back on it, I wish I had approached it so much differently, but hey...better now than never!

I recently completed a 21-day water fast (for detox/health reasons), and decided during that time to be a vegetarian. I also wanted to be mostly vegan...I just wasn't sure how I could ever completely give up my cheese (a huge weakness!). But after the fast was over, I had a change of heart as I became increasingly health-conscious. I started researching veganism more and more, and soon it became the only option I felt was right for me. Not only does it seem like the healthy thing to do, I morally can't stand the thought of continuing to eat animal products, knowing what I now know. I also realized after my fast that if I can have only water for 3 weeks, then surely I'm strong enough to give up cheese for my health and conscience's sake!!

I guess you could say I've "officially" been vegan for 30 days, though most of that was spent during a fast. Anyway, I'm still in the process of reintroducing foods back into my body so I haven't had much of a chance to experiment with all my new food options yet, but I'm very excited to do so and can't wait to really get this new life rolling!

Sorry for the lengthy first post. This place seems great so far...I'm looking forward to meeting people who finally get what I'm doing! =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-23-2010, 07:39 AM

yeah cheese is a difficult one, but unlike in the 90s there are some fairly good vegan cheeses around...as long as you don't compare them with dairy cheeses too closely...

Cheezly's good, if you haven't had cheese in a while, and they do a melting one now too for things like cheese on toast.

#3 Old 03-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Hello and welcome fellow Vegan!!!!!!!

Vegetarian since February 12, 2007
Vegan since October 7, 2008

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-24-2010, 08:32 PM

Thanks =)
#5 Old 03-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi welcome

I think it's fantastic that you've made this decision. And you're already one step ahead: you haven't had cheese for 30 days! Just take it one day (one meal, really) at a time. Every time you resist cheese it will be easier.

Good luck!
#6 Old 03-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Yahhhh... Congrats =) I decided to go Vegan again.... Been Vegetarian for 3 years of which I was Vegan for six months already, now I am back and pretty excited about it =)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page