I'm an ex-vegan and I kill animals *not for sensitive stomachs* - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-14-2009, 08:00 PM

Please don't flame me. My situation is as horrible as the title suggests and I need help/advice.

Another warning just in case: don't read on if you will just be upset by this, it's graphic.

I started a new job recently and I didn't know it at the time but the job includes gutting fish and taking live fish out of the water, into bags, weighing them and handing them over to a usually ecstatically happy customer. The live fish are never fed so I am also actively partaking in starving them. Once I threw in some cut-up mushrooms and they seemed like they had no clue what food was and then they gulped it up. Yesterday I had to fish out a lobster that was half eaten by the other lobsters in the tank because they were so hungry.

I took part in these barbaric acts convincing myself that it was okay and that I wasn't vegan any more, i.e. I eat fish so there's no reason to not gut fish.

That's true though, if I ate fish, then I should have no objections to killing them and gutting them, right? Surely that's logical.

Needless to say, I've seen enough and have felt so sick.

Obviously I can't keep the job and I feel sick at the mere thought of animal products...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Veggie Regular

In a way its kind of good that you did it though if it means you are giving up eating fish as a result, since someone else would have done it anyways.
#3 Old 12-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, it's good you've realized you can't continue doing what you're doing!

Welcome to Veggie Boards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Why did you stop being Vegan?

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#5 Old 12-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Veggie Regular

You say that you eat fish, and also that you feel sick at the idea of animal products. So... do you still eat fish?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page