nervous but new! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-12-2009, 01:49 PM

hi...so ive been a carnivore my whole life.

when people around me mentioned the veggi lifestile...i would just stare at them and laugh

until today

my stimulant? watching teen titans. stupid i know but beast boy is a hardcore vegan. ive been wanting to loose some weight for awhile (im 5'6 at 150 lbs :S) and my mind was like "hey! it doesnt seem too hard. why not try it for awhile! (hell even 1 week would make me hapy. at least i could say i tried right? )"

so i went online and started looking at how to become a veggitarian...and...sorry im still a litle lightheaded....i get that way after i cry for a long time...i saw a video posted on this site called "meet your meat"

needless to say...i cried. for awhile. my mom came in asking me whats wrong and i told her that i wanted to be veggitarianism

so here i am. im open for ANY tips...i LOVE fruits and nuts and grains...but im not too fond of veggies...>.> which may make this hard...but im willing to give it a shot.

im not sure if i can get rid of eggs yet...but ill try...and i LOVE cheese so im not going to eat it anymore. im trying my best to get off the stuff for good. its so addicting...:P

so sorry for writing my freaking lifes story for you guys to read...but im hoping that i can get some advice or whatever from ppl like me. thank you guys sooo much <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB and good luck with your goal. I have to confess I wasn't fond of veggies myself before becoming vegan but that was when I really hadn't been exposed to all the delicious ways they can be prepared. I still don't like salad, too bland.
#3 Old 09-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome and good luck with your transition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-12-2009, 02:03 PM

thank you! and i agree :P i really cant stand salad...but im sure ill find some things that agree with my tummy!
#5 Old 09-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Banned

Welcome!

You'd be surprised how many of us don't like salad. You will find tons of support here for weaning off the omni foods you like and finding great (and healthier) veg*n alternatives to them. Cheese is a stumbling block for many people so we know how it feels. Best of luck with your transition
#6 Old 09-12-2009, 02:50 PM

From one newbie to another, welcome. Yeah, that 'meet your meat' video does put a whole new perspective on one's love for meat.
#7 Old 09-12-2009, 03:06 PM

it really did. how cruel can people be? do they find some sick pleasure in torturing others??? but on a happier note...tyvm guys ^_^ im thinking ill love this site!
#8 Old 09-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Veggie Regular

hi & welcome. you'll find a lot of help & support here.

i love vegetables so being vegie is not that hard for me.

i've never seen 'meet you meat' i didnt have to but glad that you did.

all the best with the transition!
#9 Old 09-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome and congrats! I like Teen Titans too... lol. Take it one day at a time and you should be fine!
#10 Old 09-13-2009, 05:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to the VeggieBoards!
#11 Old 09-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Banned

I was doing my own thing quietly and YOU are the one who created this post trying to make a big deal out of it. Keep flaming the fire. That must be what you want.

#12 Old 09-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Banned

welcome! i think you might suprise youself about veggies you do like, if they're done right. almost everyone likes fries for example- and potatoes are a veggie! ... and onion rings? blended soups? corn in chill/on the cob? you could try eating veggies in ways you do like them to start with, and then gradually working other veggies in sneakily. i like cauliflower, parsnip or broccolli mashed into mashed potato, for example. still tastes like potato, only better. good luck, and don't be afraid to ask for help!
#13 Old 09-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Beginner

never big on salads myself, but i LOVE spinach salads w/ fruit like strawberries.. and a good sweet-ish dressing. try one! my fiance hates salads but likes it when i make those.

check out some of the veggie products they make.. you shouldn't base your diet off of veggie dogs and veggie ribs (YUM), but i'd imagine it'd make transitioning easier. i often eat a rib with salad/sweet potato for a super fast and yummy dinner.

welcome, and congratulations!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page