Raising baby boy vegetaian - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-11-2009, 01:58 AM

Hello evrybody, my name is Kiona I'm from Des moines Iowa ( a state documented for agriprossors coverups cruelty to amimals ), Im a vegetarian whonow eats fish for health benefits of two years now. I'm about to be a new mama to a baby boy he should be here on january 22, 2010 I want to raise him as a vegitarian but my fiance , is a meat eater, taken he is ok with the idea of raising the child a vegetaian he will not completely give up meat himself and I am afraid that there may be some conflicting points of view in the future, is there anyone who has any insight and or experience with raising a kid healthy and effectively this way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-11-2009, 02:11 AM
Administrator

If you eat fish you're a meat eater too. Vegetarians don't eat fish. Or maybe I'm missing something.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 09-11-2009, 03:15 AM
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch

You are pescetarian. Fish/seafood are meat too and including them in your diet does not fit the definition of a vegetarian. The fish issue is a bit of a pet peeve for many of us here, sorry! Don't mean to be rude by correcting you. Also a warning for pregnant women: fish often contain mercury and it is not good for the growing baby inside you. Please practice moderation for his sake.

It's cool that you'd like to try and raise your son on a vegetarian diet, though. I would suggest looking through the 'Raising Vegetarian Children' portion of the forums. Good luck!

I can't abandon the person I used to be, so I carry her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-11-2009, 05:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to the VeggieBoards!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page