Hi! I'm a meat-eater, but... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-23-2009, 01:11 AM

... I decided to try out being a vegetarian for awhile. I'm going to chronicle my experience on http://www.twitter.com/DrDeadite. I hope this will be a great experience, and maybe my way of life can be improved. Be warned, I love meat, and I might cheat, but I promise to detail every time I "fall off the wagon". I am very determined to follow through with my goal of "no meat" for six months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-23-2009, 01:15 AM
Veggie Regular

why do you want to try being a vegetarian? do you think you would continue after these six months?
#3 Old 08-23-2009, 01:26 AM

My reasons are maybe a little bit complicated. I had dated a vegan for awhile. I wish I had the strength to try what I'm doing now. Me and her are no longer an item. I've been told I would feel healthier than I have been before. So, I decided to give this lifestyle a chance. I don't have a motive, but I want to try a way of life that I never tried before. If after 6 months, I feel and look better than I ever felt before, than I will continue this, becuase why stop a good thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-23-2009, 01:32 AM
Veggie Regular

ah ok, as long as you are a "healthy vegetarian" you'll feel fine. Just don't only eat junk food because you can be an "unhealthy vegetarian" just as well.

I would consider myself an "unhealthy vegan" since I don't get my five servings of vegetables and fruits everyday, but I do feel a lot different from when I was an omni.

So, don't eat a lot of junk food and stick to the forums for advice and tips, and I think you'll end up feeling pretty good as a vegetarian.
#5 Old 08-23-2009, 01:39 AM

Thank you for your support, RockabillyVegan! I'm not trying this because of the propaganda of PETA or the love of animals. This is a selfish motive. I hope not to offend anybody, but I want to better myself, and not follow a blind motive of "saving animals". This is about me, and if after six months I see no improvement of my life, I will go other ways. And yes, I understand fried stuff is still veggie, and will avoid those.
#6 Old 08-23-2009, 02:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to the VeggieBoards!
#7 Old 08-23-2009, 02:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeadite View Post

Thank you for your support, RockabillyVegan! I'm not trying this because of the propaganda of PETA or the love of animals. This is a selfish motive. I hope not to offend anybody, but I want to better myself, and not follow a blind motive of "saving animals". This is about me, and if after six months I see no improvement of my life, I will go other ways. And yes, I understand fried stuff is still veggie, and will avoid those.

Hopefully on your path (and im pretty sure this will be the case) you will learn more than you bargained for, and see how abstaining from meat is the right thing to do.

It will make you feel stronger in body, and in mind.

Good luck.
#8 Old 08-25-2009, 12:41 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

Welcome,

The most difficult thing of being a vegetarian are the people around you.

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.
#9 Old 08-25-2009, 02:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Thats awesome .

Just trying to eat less meat or having " no meat " days is a great accomplishment .
#10 Old 08-25-2009, 02:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Thats awesome .

Just trying to eat less meat or having " no meat " days is a great accomplishment .
#11 Old 08-27-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeadite View Post

... I decided to try out being a vegetarian for awhile. I'm going to chronicle my experience on http://www.twitter.com/DrDeadite. I hope this will be a great experience, and maybe my way of life can be improved. Be warned, I love meat, and I might cheat, but I promise to detail every time I "fall off the wagon". I am very determined to follow through with my goal of "no meat" for six months.

You are a strong persone! Good luck!

I am admire of avatar
#12 Old 08-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I love meat, and I might cheat, but I promise to detail every time I "fall off the wagon". I am very determined to follow through with my goal of "no meat" for six months.

If you feel like cheating, watch "Meet your Meat".....it will really make it less appetizing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page