• 1 Post By Kiwibird08
  • 1 Post By Ovo-Lacto-Vegetarian
  • 2 Post By Jasminedesi16
  • 1 Post By WorkWithJoshua
  • 2 Post By Aliakai

#1 Old 12-12-2015, 10:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Easy Raw Cookbook?

Hey everyone, I'm trying to transition to raw or at least try to incorporate more raw foods in my diet. Anyway I was wondering if anyone could recommend an easy raw cookbook for a beginner? Sorry if this is a repeated thread. Oh and another unrelated question are you allowed to drink tea or caffeine on a raw diet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-12-2015, 10:49 AM
No flesh since 99'

I have been on a primarily raw diet for about a year and a half now. Are you looking for a book that focuses on recipes or one that teaches you how to eat raw the right way?

And no, caffeinated beverages are not part of a raw diet and are rather frowned upon by most raw vegans. Of course, you are free to consume whatever you want. Very, very few people are/can be 100% raw, but if you allow yourself a few 'exceptions', it will make you a lot more successful on your journey
#3 Old 12-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibird08 View Post
I have been on a primarily raw diet for about a year and a half now. Are you looking for a book that focuses on recipes or one that teaches you how to eat raw the right way?

And no, caffeinated beverages are not part of a raw diet and are rather frowned upon by most raw vegans. Of course, you are free to consume whatever you want. Very, very few people are/can be 100% raw, but if you allow yourself a few 'exceptions', it will make you a lot more successful on your journey
Thanks Kiwi! I'm actually kind of looking for both. I don't know anything about a raw diet except what I have read online. So I wouldn't mind getting both a recipe book and another book that teaches how to live raw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Sustainable Gardener

I love the recipes by Emily Von Euw. Her website also has a bunch of great raw recipes. In her top menu, click on the resources page for lots of helpful links she likes. There are documentaries that sound as though they help one begin a raw lifestyle. Good luck
http://www.thisrawsomeveganlife.com/
Jasminedesi16 likes this.

Last edited by Ovo-Lacto-Vegetarian; 12-12-2015 at 06:14 PM.
#5 Old 12-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovo-Lacto-Vegetarian View Post
I love the recipes by Emily Voneuw. Her website also has a bunch of great raw recipes. In her top menu, click on the resources page for lots of helpful links she likes. There are documentaries that sound as though they help one begin a raw lifestyle. Good luck
http://www.thisrawsomeveganlife.com/
Thank you so much!
Purp and Ovo-Lacto-Vegetarian like this.
#6 Old 05-10-2016, 04:52 AM

Hi Jasmine, I found Raw Kristina's cookbook "Fully Raw" to be quite beginner friendly but double check the reviews on Amazon to see if it's right for you first. And yes, Emily Voneuw's recipes are some of my favorite too!
Purp likes this.
#7 Old 05-10-2016, 10:11 PM
The Corpulent Vegan

Practically Raw is my favorite. Contains raw and lightly cooked versions of virtually all the recipes, so it's easy to learn to cook one or the other.
Purp and Vegan Dave like this.

It's better to burn out than fade away! - Def Leppard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#8 Old 06-12-2016, 01:57 AM

I think no on the caffeine.

I like the books by Chef B-Live via Youtube

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page