Getting Back To Fully Raw - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By HumbleBee
  • 2 Post By HumbleBee

#1 Old 08-03-2015, 08:42 AM

Getting Back To Fully Raw

Joining on here for support to get back to a fully raw lifestyle which I love and miss!! This is when I feel my best overall. Right now, I'm doing 65% raw. I would like to get back to doing 98% raw that I have been doing for about 6 yrs expect for the last past year. So here I am to get back to feeling my best.
It's just really hard for me to be surrounded by people who really don't understand or simply just don't care to support the fact that I chose the raw food lifestyle. I really haven't met anyone in my area who is a serious fun raw foodist. I've been to meet ups but no one seems to be really serious about it in a fun kind of a way.
My goal is not to be affected by my friends or strangers in this area. I want to stay strong and stay that way. I have been so strong for a such long time, but every now and then I do need positive support and feedback. Thank you in advance for any. I would really appreciate it!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-03-2015, 09:13 PM
Veggie Regular

What does it mean to be really serious about it in a fun kind of way? It can be fun, but it is also a pretty serious discipline which takes a thinking that is a rare mindset. It would be funner if more people were serious about it. Maybe you can help with making it a fun thing. Some of the communication about it here gets kind-of thrown around too much to be considered fun. I tend to like to encourage food combining along with raw but that can be a bit much.
It is a caring and even evolutionary endeavor and the thinking required to remain inspired is sometimes hard work. It feels good but hardly anybody recognizes that kind of feeling as what is really something of value.

Caring about our health is caring about our very state of being and future which is a very good thing to be seriously concerned about making the most of.

http://TRUEHEALTHHAPPENS.COM

#3 Old 08-03-2015, 11:31 PM

Hmmmm.... Well to be fair, I really didn't have the best attitude for the first couple months when I first went raw.. The body does go into a withdrawal from whatever the body was used to receiving. Over time when I started to get around the learning curve of how to do things such as using the Vita Mix, dehydrator, food processor, and raw recipes. Figuring out what's not raw and what is. Learning new habits and unlearning old habits.The only way I could do this and pushed through this in order to be serious about it (because I wanted to be serious about it), was to pour into this new lifestyle change with positive energy, lots of love, and have a fun attitude about it. I find that any kind of negative attitude would slow the process down or stops it entirely. It's really matter of a conscious effort in clearing the mind of negative beliefs and reprogram with truthful positive beliefs. Once I decided to have a positive attitude about it, then it eventually became fun, and I could be serious about it at the same time..
I have met a couple of people with similar mindsets about raw food but not in the area that I live in.
I thought maybe this would be a good place to be while I'm getting back to fully raw.

Last edited by HumbleBee; 08-03-2015 at 11:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-04-2015, 06:47 AM
Veggie Regular

What are the truthful positive beliefs that you refer to?
I have done a lot of writing on the subject (in eccentric fashion) and am naturally inclined to eat really well such as raw but don't care so much sometimes... because of availability hardships due to my present lifestyle.

Caring about our health is caring about our very state of being and future which is a very good thing to be seriously concerned about making the most of.

#5 Old 08-04-2015, 09:05 AM
No flesh since 99'

Hmmm... Why do you feel you need so much support? I don't mean to be rude or anything, but do you not feel capable of doing something for yourself by yourself? It might help you to meet your goals if you explore the reasons you feel like you need such a high amount of validation from everyone around you to do something you feel is the right path for yourself. Sounds like you may have some deeper self esteem issues to address than just the difficulty of the raw lifestyle.

I went mostly raw about a year ago (though staying at about 85-90% because that's where I feel healthiest and most comfortable) after being a long time veg. My hubby is an omni (though not adamantly oppose to me being raw or anything), my family thinks I'm bat crazy (have since I went veg 16+ years ago) and I have few friends (who I almost never discuss diet with because they just roll their eyes). I don't know (on any kind of significant level) any other vegetarian, vegans and certainly not raw foodists. I just tune out negativity and do whatever I want anyways. I'm an intelligent adult capable of making my own (informed) decisions regarding what goes in my own body. Anyone who doesn't like it can suck it. It's always fun for me because I truly enjoy doing it (like making raw foods, especially the occasional gourmet treat) and while it might be nice to have other like-minded individuals around sometimes, it certainly isn't essential.

I really think you need to figure out where your fear of starting something new for yourself, by yourself is stemming from and focus on finding the confidence and strength in YOURSELF (not others) to keep yourself motivated and moving forward. It's nice to have the support of others, but it is not necessary. It won't just be helpful for living the raw lifestyle, but will likely improve many aspects of your life in the future to be more self confident.

"The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself"

Last edited by Kiwibird08; 08-04-2015 at 09:11 AM.
#6 Old 08-04-2015, 09:34 AM

Right now, I am basically heading in the direction of not caring to do this which is part of the reason why I am here. And I also revealed some forgotten stuff that helped to stay raw and strong in my last post.such as staying positive. I have been allowing myself not to care what I eat and how it may effect me. So this is where the truthful positive beliefs or thinking comes in to take effect if I reinforce it.. It's a collection of bunch of facts, personal experiences, and inspirations of why raw food is good for the body such as the enzyme factor, building the body up and not to break it down, youthful food (anti-aging food), all natural coming from dirt, not messing with unknown causes of ingredients that can't be pronounced in processed food, treat the body with love and not be selfish, how it is heath wise, bunch of, healing factors, how it gives me so much energy like a child, how I don't feel tired when I eat this way, how it has a positive impact on my body, etc. etc. etc. and the list goes on. So really truthful positive beliefs is toI have no excuses and no room for it either. But if I don't care like you talked about, I do make some allowance such as popcorn, chocolate, beans, or something that is not junky, but I try not to make a habit out of it. Which I have been doing lately.....
As far as the availability hardships? It is not enough resources in your area?
#7 Old 08-04-2015, 09:49 AM

Kiwibird08
Uh.... This would be my 7th year of being raw strong, all on my own and I work in a grocery store as a cashier for past 3 years now where I see how people eat on a daily basic. The first two years working there didn't bother me, but the recent year has been getting to me as far as seeing the mainstream in my area eating a certain way..... And have been thinking about getting a different job. Normally, I wouldn't be looking for support at this point of my life but I am. And it is okay to ask for help. I do have the overall attitude you talked about. and you are right tuning out the negativity and such. I've been there and done that.
#8 Old 08-04-2015, 09:56 AM

Kiwibird08
Uh.... This would be my 7th year of being raw strong, all on my own and I work in a grocery store as a cashier for past 3 years now where I see how people eat on a daily basic. The first two years working there didn't bother me, but the recent year has been getting to me as far as seeing the mainstream in my area eating a certain way..... And have been thinking about getting a different job. Normally, I wouldn't be looking for support. At this point of my life I am. And it is okay to ask for help. I do have the overall attitude you talked about. and you are right tuning out the negativity and such. I've been there and done that.
#9 Old 08-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Veggie Regular

ruth heidrich is all raw these days.

she started out with mcdougall, on a very low-fat starch-based vegan diet. that was back in the 80s when she was given the breast cancer death sentence. she became a runner and a low-fat vegan. now she is eating only raw fruits and vegetables and she is still going strong. there are some inspiring interviews on youtube.

i go through phases of high raw but i can't convince myself for long that i am better off without cooked legumes.
also cooked potatoes and sweet potatoes!
#10 Old 08-04-2015, 10:51 AM

cuberai
Thank you!!!!
This is what I need!! Proof of hope that I am actually doing something to improve my health!!! Checked her out and awesome!! Never heard of her and I will def look into Ruth Heidric. Much much much appreciated!!
#11 Old 08-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Sheep in Wolf's Clothing

HumbleBee,

Social connectedness is a very important part of living long and healthy. If you read about the "Blue Zones" of the world-the places where people tend to live the longest (think Okinawa, parts of Italy and Greece) they eat vegetarian or semi-vegetarian AND have very tight social circles.

I say this not to deter you from a raw lifestyle, its just something to consider. The feelings you had when you felt like you didn't have support from your friends and family are unfortunately real and it depends a lot on your geographical location in my opinion (probably a lot socially easier to be veg in California, than say, rural Montana for example) I went through a very similar emotional situation when I tried being 100% vegan (I'm lacto-ovo veg, but still eat vegan a majority of the time) and it was honestly extremely emotionally draining because I felt like it limited my socializing.

I balanced my diet so it could accommodate my need to connect with people in a positive way, but you need to do what is best for YOU. Some people (like Kiwibird) don't have a problem with people constantly jumping down their throats about their diet, others do (like me). To me the social factor was way too important for my mental health. Again, do you what YOU need to do.

Good luck.
#12 Old 08-04-2015, 12:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Just from writing about it here has helped me remember experiences and things that are no longer helping with support, and for a few weeks I got a bunch of watermelons and salads, was fully raw for a few weeks and felt great, so just communicating about it is helpful. It doesn't matter how experienced and how long we have been eating well, sometimes we can get detoured or busy working on something else and the caring factor can go down a few notches, at least for a while.
I have access to good food but have been spending time with family who are terrible eaters. I think it is part of my personal journey to struggle with the things that have created a rift between us, for a while, because for some reason I was born into the situation and they helped me become who I am. I set up a juicer and a supply of bulk carrots at my mothers for when I visit her, she thinks it is rather odd, but eventually she'll get it.
Unfortunately groups of vegetarians can also tend to come with a certain mentality that can be, well, a put off, at times. There are other aspects of life of importance rather than socializing with people with an alike diet. But finding the things that help us to continue further can be a tough search. Yet very important.
I just read a book about somebody who walked part of the Appalachian trail and it sounds so fun, I now wanna walk deep into the woods for miles and miles.

#13 Old 08-05-2015, 12:01 AM

Having Ruth Heidrich mentioned on here really hit the refresh button for me. Thanks again!!

Brain Floss
I have made accommodations in the past on a social level, it's doesn't work for me. My friends and people who know me, for the most part are respectful. They have never really said anything. They just don't really understand or care to. That is the missing connection on the social level I would like to have. To be able to sit down with someone who can enjoy a raw food meal with me on numerous occasions would be nice. I have a couple of health conscious friends which does help some.. It's more of how I want to connect with anyone who do truly understand and have similar personal experiences to share.. I do believe having connections with people is very important. Not having that kind of connection can at times be a bummer. It's like this... I want to play volleyball, but no one ever ever ever wants to play volleyball, instead they always want to play baseball. So I'm in the constant search for a volleyball player in theory ha ha.. It's a simple silly example of how I feel, but that is how I feel.. It's so much easier to find quite a few vegetarians, than it is to find one positive raw foodist.in my area. I even have a relative who is a vegetarian, but does not care for the raw food lifestyle. I just thought that by now I would have a friend or two that is a raw foodist....
I totally dig the fact that you shared your thoughts, thank you!

Enthios
It has been helpful to communicate. Thank you!
It's strange though that after doing this for quite awhile, this really became a part of me. Living w/o any raw food for a month would be impossible for me....
I'm curious to ask you what is it that motivates you to really want to eat raw food at the times you do?
#14 Old 08-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Sheep in Wolf's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post
Brain Floss
I have made accommodations in the past on a social level, it's doesn't work for me. My friends and people who know me, for the most part are respectful. They have never really said anything. They just don't really understand or care to. That is the missing connection on the social level I would like to have. To be able to sit down with someone who can enjoy a raw food meal with me on numerous occasions would be nice. I have a couple of health conscious friends which does help some.. It's more of how I want to connect with anyone who do truly understand and have similar personal experiences to share.. I do believe having connections with people is very important. Not having that kind of connection can at times be a bummer. It's like this... I want to play volleyball, but no one ever ever ever wants to play volleyball, instead they always want to play baseball. So I'm in the constant search for a volleyball player in theory ha ha.. It's a simple silly example of how I feel, but that is how I feel.. It's so much easier to find quite a few vegetarians, than it is to find one positive raw foodist.in my area. I even have a relative who is a vegetarian, but does not care for the raw food lifestyle. I just thought that by now I would have a friend or two that is a raw foodist....
I totally dig the fact that you shared your thoughts, thank you!
I am so glad to hear your thoughts-and thanks for making this a positive conversation.

Maybe you can find some vegetarian or vegan friends that wouldn't mind eating raw with you once in a while and also enjoy the food. Perhaps you could join a meet up in your area for raw foodists or just veggies in general? (meetup.com?) There's got to be at least some people in your area that wouldn't mind eating raw with you regardless of their regular dietary habits. I know I wouldn't mind doing this if I had a friend who was a raw foodist. I'm sure you've thought of these things. Hopefully someday a raw foodist friend will come along for you. Sending good luck vibes your way.
#15 Old 08-05-2015, 03:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I could be motivated easily by being in alike surroundings and do. Thing is that I no longer feel the learning that I need is relative to being in those places with those people. Been there done that. Am content with the decades of cleansing accomplished. I did 95% raw for at least 20 years - fruitarian for 17 (lived in tropics) its been 32 years vegan. I'm not interested in living for just that purpose anymore. I travel a lot and often don't have food supply together and cook up potatoes (it has become favorite food) and stuff as convenient. But still spend days drinking nothing but carrot juice, orange juice, melons and stuff like that often. When the main goal gets accomplished is there need to take it to an extreme for such a long period of time?

#16 Old 08-05-2015, 07:32 PM

Brain Floss
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind eating raw food meals with me. You're right. I just needed fresh pairs of eyes to see this from a new perspective. Just have to be active about getting them involved. They wouldn't mind it here and there. Have to whip up a basket with raw food goodies for a picnic in the park with friends or something like that!! Thanks for making me feel a whole lot better about connecting with others.
I will follow up again and again with meet-ups and see.

Enthios

You really have been there and done that! Okay, now I feel like you're way too smart for me to talk to. .
If I understand correctly, you feel like you have arrived? If so, then now what?
I don't think it is extreme even after a long period of time, now that I've been doing this for awhile, because I'm used to it. I used to think that in the beginning when I first started this that it was extreme along with my old mindset about food. Mainly doing this for health reasons that I'm not going to talk about on here. Too personal. It also opened my eyes to many other reasons why this is good for me. From my perspective, the raw food lifestyle now only appears to be extreme or uncommon if measured on a pie chart comparing to the rest of the population's eating habits,. But as each year goes by, more and more people are becoming familiar with this. So that for me is very encouraging and awesome!!
Brain Floss likes this.

Last edited by HumbleBee; 08-05-2015 at 11:53 PM.
#17 Old 08-05-2015, 11:40 PM

Just an overall view of what I've learned so far from this thread which is very valuable to me, thanks to everyone on here for creating a different perspective like a fresh breath of air! Thanks again! Really means a lot!! *thumbs up*

~Staying lighthearted and positive about eating raw is my kind of success
~I know beyond a doubt that this is a right path for me without any validations from others for sure, never did need it before or now
~Finding a cool new different way to connect with others on a raw food level
~Knowing that no matter how long I've done this, I will have my moments and I'm not the only one either
~Communication on here helps jogged my memories of what works for me and what doesn't in the long run
~With God's help, I am one heck of an independent individual with a healthy good self-esteem who face life without fear into the unknown and more than able to self motivate, find the God-given strength in myself, and more than capable of standing on my own two feet, especially on the raw food journey as well as being humble enough to put any kind of pride down to sincerely ask for help.
~A new inspiration, Ruth Hiedrich
~Knowing that two is better than one. For woe to a man who is alone if he falls and no one is there to pick him up. For two is better, in case one falls, there is one there to help him back up.
~Knowing that unity among people in locations are effective and helpful
~There is always something new to learn about about the journey!!
~Positive attitude rules!!!!

Last edited by HumbleBee; 08-05-2015 at 11:57 PM.
#18 Old 08-06-2015, 10:01 PM
Veggie Regular

If you don't drink, smoke, eat meat or dairy or junk-food and then count into it say an ecologically non-destructive lifestyle it really sets one apart. There are others here or there but that is pretty limiting and may involve some need for conformity to some religion, program - or rules established on the land or job or project etc. that can be or eventually become non-interesting or drab or stifling etc. But for me, I cant allow things other than my own thought patterns to have too much sway or it messes me up in more than a few ways. So I feel alienated even around friends and family and it doesn't bother me but it isn't good to have that happen too much. When I am eating really well seriously and strictly for extensive periods I just don't relate to the mundane and absurd things (in comparison to where my thoughts go during those times) of the common goings on in my surroundings, with few exceptions and relief. So I can't do too much of that so much anymore. I hardly can relate to people as it is. Now we all transform our philosophies in order to cope with the changes of being on a different diet and I have one that works but not that finds much harmony with others. This isn't that kind of world. I figure we gotta work on our bad karma that brought us here and hope (likely) for better in the next one.
I didn't have a problem with it until about 20 years into it and it isn't a bad thing to be happening, I enjoy where it got me very much.
This doesn't mean everybody has the same experience but I think that it tends to go that way often.

#19 Old 08-07-2015, 09:24 AM

Maybe for some, but for me it’s not about the rules, religion, program, or even for the sake of conformity. I’ve been raised to think outside of the box and be me. To be me and not what others expect me to be or want me to be. I don’t change for others for the sake of pleasing them. And that is what makes me different. And that is okay. I may not relate to most people on the raw food journey that I’m on but I do relate to them by walking in love and kindness, Everybody responds and relates to that well, which is the kind of harmony I chose to have in my life to able to relate to others. But I find that judging and being unforgiving toward others…. Well, people really can sense that a mile away , runs away, and stays away. I believe it’s important to walk in love toward others whether their lifestyle is agreeable with mine or not.
I thought that by joining on here that it would be nice to see that I’m not the only one who takes raw food seriously, but I prefer to do it in a fun serious way which kiwibird08 seems to have a good handle on it from reading some her raw food goodies posts on here.
The question is do I want to feel like total s**t, for the sake of others? No thanks! But they do respect my choice because I do have an attitude of love and kindness about it. I’m not rude to others about the way I eat or try to push it on them like they have to do it.. Anyways, back to feeling like s**t, I feel that way whenever I eat anything that is not raw, especially if it’s purely healthy vegan cooked dishes. I know from experiences that any other type of food does bother me physically after two days eating non raw. I mentioned before that I am doing this for health reasons. I figured that over the years of non-stop feeding of SAD diet going into my body have caused me some consequences such as some health issues I have now that are non-curable according to the docs. I hope to be free of this someday through faith and healthy eating on raw.

Last edited by HumbleBee; 08-07-2015 at 09:54 AM.
#20 Old 08-07-2015, 09:27 AM
Sheep in Wolf's Clothing

Quote:
Brain Floss
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind eating raw food meals with me. You're right. I just needed fresh pairs of eyes to see this from a new perspective. Just have to be active about getting them involved. They wouldn't mind it here and there. Have to whip up a basket with raw food goodies for a picnic in the park with friends or something like that!! Thanks for making me feel a whole lot better about connecting with others.
I will follow up again and again with meet-ups and see.
Let us know how it goes, ok? I'm glad you feel better.
#21 Old 08-07-2015, 09:35 AM

Thanks, I will! Me too!!
LedBoots and Brain Floss like this.
#22 Old 08-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Doctors just don't know about the raw cure. Check-out Gerson institute. Known for claiming to be able to cure cancer. They have failed at times, probably very terminal cases. While a raw diet can cure most anything that was caused by diet, raw healing takes at least a little bit of time. I think that a terminal illness would require some very serious fasting and rejuvenation processes. I don't see the Gerson institute implementing fasting and don't know why.
I guess Max Gerson cured his daughter Charlotte of osteoperosis which doctors still say is incurable, she is now 93. The have an incredible story to look into. And some of their healing practices and theories are interesting.

#23 Old 08-08-2015, 09:30 PM

Thank you, I appreciate it. I am curable on the raw food diet and faith.

~John 14:6~

Last edited by HumbleBee; 08-08-2015 at 09:33 PM.
#24 Old 01-30-2016, 09:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Joining on here for support to get back to a fully raw lifestyle which I love and miss!! This is when I feel my best overall. Right now, I'm doing 65% raw. I would like to get back to doing 98% raw that I have been doing for about 6 yrs expect for the last past year. So here I am to get back to feeling my best.
It's just really hard for me to be surrounded by people who really don't understand or simply just don't care to support the fact that I chose the raw food lifestyle. I really haven't met anyone in my area who is a serious fun raw foodist. I've been to meet ups but no one seems to be really serious about it in a fun kind of a way.
My goal is not to be affected by my friends or strangers in this area. I want to stay strong and stay that way. I have been so strong for a such long time, but every now and then I do need positive support and feedback. Thank you in advance for any. I would really appreciate it!!
Hello HumbleBee, from my experience of some 3.5 years of pure 100% raw vegan diet, I can tell that, contrary to what most of the people believe, diets are not a matter of strong will at all. It is a matter of desire and feeling comfortable enough. You can't maintain a certain diet without the right state of mind. So you must have a desire to keep that diet and to make sure you don't have too much stress.
It is a well known fact that stress greatly affects the eating appetite. If you have too much stress, then your body will ask for junk food. And it won't leave you alone until you give it

Having a raw food diet is not just a dietary choice. It is one of the biggest choices in your life. Most of the other things come after this.
- Your friends are creating discomfort for you? So change them. There are plenty of people around. Even if you can't find "replacements" for a while, you are way better without them than with them.
- Your job is creating too much stress? Try to fix it. Change your job, stand for your rights, etc.
- Your family is pressuring you too much? Reset your relations with them and hold your ground. Don't accept unnecessary junk from anyone.
- If you have some bad habits and you stress yourself because of that, then change your habits
- If you feel depressed and you don't know why, then find out why you feel depressed (there is always a cause) and remove that cause.

Try to live free and without stress. If you have too much stress, then you can't keep a healthy diet, especially the raw food diet - since is the healthiest. If you have too much stress, you will have to eat junk food (or cooked food), or otherwise you will simply feel like you are going insane. These are forces that absolutely nobody can resist.

Raw foodists are extremely rare, and most of those who eat raw food do not eat completely raw or they just fancy try the diet for a while. So don't worry if you don't find raw foodists. My friends almost can't believe that I eat only raw food, but when we have a dinner, they have to accept that I am only eating raw food. If you get invited and the people can't accept you refuse cooked food, then I suggest you simply tell them that you have to go, without being confrontational of course. There are many people who can't understand a simple fact like this: that you have the right to eat what you want. You don't need such contacts anyways. There are certain things in life that you can't make compromises on.

The bottom line is: you can't keep the raw diet while having stress. Try to reduce the stress to absolute zero if possible. Then keeping the diet is very easy.

Last edited by spaveg; 01-30-2016 at 09:39 AM.
#25 Old 01-30-2016, 09:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
It's more of how I want to connect with anyone who do truly understand and have similar personal experiences to share.. I do believe having connections with people is very important. Not having that kind of connection can at times be a bummer. It's like this... I want to play volleyball, but no one ever ever ever wants to play volleyball, instead they always want to play baseball. So I'm in the constant search for a volleyball player in theory ha ha.. It's a simple silly example of how I feel, but that is how I feel.. It's so much easier to find quite a few vegetarians, than it is to find one positive raw foodist.in my area. I even have a relative who is a vegetarian, but does not care for the raw food lifestyle. I just thought that by now I would have a friend or two that is a raw foodist....
So invite them to eat Avocado meals with you, like for example Guacamole

Avocado food is the best raw vegan food, because it is made mostly of (healthy) fat and it keeps you running for half a day. Give them avocado and they will like it. Also you can try Tabbouleh (parsley+onions+tomato+lemon), it's insanely good, and if you put avocado inside Tabbouleh, and serve it inside a lettuce leaf, then they will beg you to give them more
#26 Old 04-16-2019, 12:00 AM

Thought I bumped this old thread of mine, even though it's been quite awhile.
There is a lot of great advices on this thread. It's great to re-read them.
Thought I post an update where I'm at now
It is now a fact I finally accepted... after trying to find other raw foodists out there... which is really an impossible task to accomplish.... I've learned that if I have to continue on being a raw foodist or be high raw on my own, then so be it. I've learned to be okay with that over some time for awhile now. I've learned that it is okay to be independant raw foodie. I don't have to worry about the weird side glances anymore, don't have to worry about the subtle put-downs, don't have to worry about the junk food temptations that others have cooked, don't have to worry about validations from others, because I finally finally finally got to a point where I really don't care what others think about my raw food lifestyle. I was really insecure about it when I first became a raw foodist, because when I did... it was soooo unheard of in the time frame that I was living in. In that time frame for example, no one was familiar with coconut water, and now it's super popular everywhere. It was a bunch of stuff like that. Anyways, I've been off and on for about 12 years. And now it's just nice to be at that place where I'm truly comfortable with being a raw foodist and say no thank you to food offers during meal times or anytime. I no longer feel the need to convince myself or others how awesome it is to live a raw food lifestyle. It just is and I'm cool with that. I don't have to explain myself anymore or don't feel the need to. Thank God, I finally got to that point!! Anyways, here's my update. Cool!! it was just a matter of coming to terms with the fact that others don't really agree with me on my raw food lifestyle and because of that, it helped me to move forward, not stuck, nor backwards.

~John 14:6~

Last edited by HumbleBee; 04-16-2019 at 12:28 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page