Raw Nog - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-21-2003, 01:33 PM
Beginner

Somebody gave me this recipe as an egg nog replacer, free of eggs and nog. Can't wait to try it. Be sure to soak the almonds overnight and rinse well before blending to release the enzyme inhibitors. Also if you have a dehydrator you could use the leftover pulp to make raw cookies with. Add some shredded coconut and chopped dates and pipe on to the dehydrator sheets with a wide decorator attachment.

Mix lots of fresh or frozen bananas in a VitaMix with the almond milk recipe below.

Spiced Almond Milk:

Blend together about 2 cups of almonds, a whole or scraped vanilla bean, lots of freshly grated nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and cinnamon, with enough water to fill the blender. Strain through a fine sieve and put the solids in the compost. This almond milk is especially divine if you add some agave nectar, honey, or blend in some soaked dates for sweetness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-22-2003, 03:18 PM

Sounds like a good idea. I like almonds and almond milk, so I'll have to try that sometime.
#3 Old 11-22-2003, 07:26 PM
Veggie Regular

that is sooo much fun!!! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-17-2003, 09:09 PM

Hmm...I was wondering what to do with my almond pulp this morning. Coconut and date, you say? I will have to try that as well...

Thanks!

Sonora

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page