how do u deal with cravings!?! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Veggie Regular

i would love to go totally raw, but it's so hard! at work i have to do alot of food prep, and there is ALWAYS junk around. what do the rest of you do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Just consider it the Boss's food and don't touch it? If you don't eat it, then it shouldn't interest you.
#3 Old 03-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Veggie Regular

that's easier said then done lol... lots of foods i dont want to eat interest me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-19-2008, 02:34 PM

Honestly my opinion it's a mind over craving kind of thing. You really have to have the willpower to be able to say no to those foods. Also maybe try to remind yourself that if you eat them you will either 1)feel like crap or 2)want MORE of them. And either way that's not a good situation to put yourself in.
#5 Old 03-19-2008, 03:03 PM

Try to have snacks from home while you are at work- that way when they are eating something, you can eat something scrumptious too.. I have a hard time with cravings- I know I do, and so I try to walk or involve myself in something for ten minutes. After that the craving is gone and I can move on with my day
#6 Old 03-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Veggie Regular

i wish that i had more willpower! i think i have some major food addictions that i have to break
#7 Old 03-20-2008, 02:08 AM

There are some good tips in this Reader's Digest article: 10 Ways to Control Your Cravings.

I particularly like this one:

Quote:
Go nuts. Drink two glasses of water and eat an ounce of nuts (6 walnuts, 12 almonds or 20 peanuts). Within 20 minutes, this can extinguish your craving and dampen your appetite by changing your body chemistry, says RD's "Health IQ" columnist Michael F. Roizen, MD.

#8 Old 03-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Yes, eat some oily foods such as almonds or avocado.

veganGO -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
forum for vegan activists.
#9 Old 03-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Oooh, actually working with the food yourself WOULD be hard. What I usually do to avoid eating vending machine food (although on a vegan diet, there's little if nothing I can eat from those thangs), is simply bag quite a few protein-happy (or sweet) foods with me. This is usually dried fruit, raw fruit (like, you know, an apple, pear, and orange, all fairly easy to carry around), nuts, seeds. All raw, easy things to have on hand and fill you up pretty well. Maybe a jar of almond butter (nut butters jarred can usually last a while in a bag un-refridgerated)? I LOVE the stuff by Mara Natha foods....

The best thing to have with you is simply something that you know you enjoy just as much as potato chips or pizza or soda or whatever. I'll be honest, I often love not-so-healthy food sometimes just as much as very healthy food, so usually the nuts and fruit will be just as good to me as the pizza and potato chips. *Shrugs* Bu' that's just me.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page