Physical Attribute changes - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-31-2007, 09:15 PM
Beginner

Has anyone experienced any physical changes while eating raw food longterm? I've read stories of eye color changes from darker to lighter or grey hairs becoming their original color. I've always had skyblue eyes so mine can't lighten any further.

I've only been raw for little over 2 years, but here's what I've noted:

1. Slight decrease in body fat

2. Head hair darkened from light brown to very dark brown (almost black). My beard is mixed with red, brown, blonde and black hairs though.

3. Fingernails much more robust.

4. Hair and nails grow faster.

5. Dandruff went away to the point I don't even bother with shampoo anymore.

6. Bloodshot eyes in the morning and late night decreased dramatically. This was a problem I have had for a while.

7. Sunburns are rarer and not nearly as painful if it even occurs.

8. Haven't coughed in two years. There are times I feel like I may be getting sick but it goes away before I reach that point. I just assume that was a time I would be sick if I was on my previous diet.

I'll stop here. I'm interested in hearing the changes you've had. Especially if anyone's eye color has changed or if their grey hairs reverted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Veggie Regular

When I go raw (I am on one of my raw times right now) I notice almost instantly, seriously, that my skin clears up, I do not have any skin problems to begin with, but when I only eat fresh raw my skin is more... alive and shiny. I love that!

I am also curious to find out about other people's experiences, you have a few very good ones right there congratulations on being raw for two years!
#3 Old 09-01-2007, 01:39 AM

I've only been eating 99.9% raw (I had some beans, all right?) for a little over a week and I can already see the same kind of difference in my skin! It just looks...healthier. YOu always hear about raw people having that GLOW and you can see it in their pictures. Could it be I will someday soon have that glow, too?! I'm very excited. I am thrilled with my experience so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Well I plan to try a raw diet next time I'm able to go to the store and stock up on fruits & veggies. Assuming I have a positive experience (which judging from the posts here, I think I will) I'll let you know if anything changes ^_^
#5 Old 09-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Beginner

I'm glad to hear other people do notice positive changes! That "glow" is so true. All because we smile too much! How can you be depressed on a raw food diet?!

A person eating fresh food is such a paragon of their personal perfection. It's like who you think you are may be totally different than who you truly can be! Raw food just invigorates your body and gives it the tools to regenerate and remedy your ailments. I think the changes occur more dramatically if you're older, but since I'm young I don't know. Picturing my parents on raw food shows me how much they would improve in various ways. I'll slowly get them to convert...
#6 Old 09-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I haven't been raw lately, but last summer, when I was eating high raw (just because it was yummy) and lots of smoothies, I got lots of comments on my eyes. Family and friends who had known me for years started commenting on how my eyes looked much bigger and bluer. Random strangers would comment on my eyes as I walked by. I even had one guy riding by on a bike nearly fall off in the effort to yell, "You have beautiful eyes, gorgeous!" I haven't been eating nearly as well lately, and those comments have stopped. My skin is also worse than it was when I was eating better. I think I wanna go back to my smoothies.
#7 Old 09-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Glad I found this thread as a reminder that ultimately being high raw for a long period of time is worth it. I haven't been raw for a long time (off and on during August and now almost 2 weeks straight) and I'm going through some horrible emotional detox (irritability, ect.) But the physical part is going great. I've lost a significant amount of weight - I don't know how much but I was able to move from my size 10 jeans to my size 6's again this week (granted the size 10's were beginning to be too big on me when I started the 2 weeks, but the size 6's weren't fitting at all). I also notice a "glow" to my skin and I do have more energy. Last weekend I was able to forgo my afternoon nap and just shoot through the afternoon with my studies (which I needed to do badly!)

Hopefully the moodiness will go away soon.

Tam
#8 Old 09-07-2007, 09:25 PM

It's funny you mention the eyes, Willow. The day after I wrote about the GLOW I asked my husband if he noticed any difference in my skin and he sais, "Yeah, actually, and I've noticed your eyes are all sparkly the past few mornings. And it's like the green is greener."

!!!

That's just insane to me. It so reinforces the idea that our bodies must LOVE raw food. Damn, I'm motivated. I think this might have to be a lifelong change.

I wish more people would give it a try and see how good it feels (and looks).

Tammay, I've also noticed a difference in regards to sleep. I used to need a solid seven hours and now I find myself feeling restless if I go to bed early. I've taken to straightening the house before bed so I wake up to everything all fresh and tidy. About five hours now is all I need now.

Crazy.
#9 Old 09-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenasaurusX View Post

It's funny you mention the eyes, Willow. The day after I wrote about the GLOW I asked my husband if he noticed any difference in my skin and he sais, "Yeah, actually, and I've noticed your eyes are all sparkly the past few mornings. And it's like the green is greener."

!!!

That's just insane to me. It so reinforces the idea that our bodies must LOVE raw food. Damn, I'm motivated. I think this might have to be a lifelong change.

I wish more people would give it a try and see how good it feels (and looks).

Oh yes, I am convinced raw food is the "beauty food", for your inside & outside... it makes sense, because in nature us animals do not have cooking stoves, ovens and processed foods - that this is the most natural way of living/eating, your body loves it, I am convinced!

For anyone reading this thread looking for more info or encouragement, I want to share this link; fruitarian.com
#10 Old 09-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow... this seems outstanding... Seems very cool guys!

Is there a long difference/feelings/appearance from being Vegan to being raw???

Also, is the vegan diet very far from a raw diet?

Are there many meal choices? (I can say tons of vegan recipes, but several of them, are cooked)

If so, can you share with me? I can only think in fruits, salads and seeds.

I feel tons of changes since I started to be vegan, and I love veganism!!! Is the best that happened me ever!!! I feel my self glowing as you guys said, but I think, I did not change any color on my body

Thanks!!!

Sry for the questions, but I'm amazed about what I can read here.

I been reading more posts...

Right now, I feel with a lot of energy (I can work 10 hours in a row, 1 and half hour to the gym, keep doing stuff at home and I never feel tired)

I've never catch even a small cold in my entire life. That before being vegan, so now that I'm vegan, I'm even more immune... What can improve even more in my health?

Wow this is awesome.
#11 Old 09-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoan View Post

Lot's of questions! Still, it's good to enter something objectively. Read the other helpful threads in this folder to get information. Lots of good sites too, if you look around.

So will a long term vegan notice a difference in going raw? Most very likely! If nothing else, you will retain your current qualities of life that you enjoy for much longer than if you continue to cook your food. Young people like me (24) don't notice drastic changes. I just have to ask, "How will I feel in another twenty-four years from now if I ate only raw food?"

You inherited the same body of ancient humans. That body has proven to survive on raw food for longer than it has on cooked food. Fuel that primal machine on its recommended diet. Anything is possible now. It's even possible to reawaken lost human qualities that you never knew was within you. It's more than physical qualities that change.

When I get into topics like these, it makes me question what my life would be like had I been raised on raw food. What failed to be nurtured during my pre-adult development? Anyway, no one's body will react the exact same as another's. You'll get to see for yourself what life changes will come.
#12 Old 09-12-2007, 02:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoan View Post

Is there a long difference/feelings/appearance from being Vegan to being raw???

Also, is the vegan diet very far from a raw diet?

Are there many meal choices? (I can say tons of vegan recipes, but several of them, are cooked)

If so, can you share with me? I can only think in fruits, salads and seeds.

I feel tons of changes since I started to be vegan, and I love veganism!!! Is the best that happened me ever!!! I feel my self glowing as you guys said, but I think, I did not change any color on my body

Thanks!!!

Sry for the questions, but I'm amazed about what I can read here.

I been reading more posts...

Right now, I feel with a lot of energy (I can work 10 hours in a row, 1 and half hour to the gym, keep doing stuff at home and I never feel tired)

I've never catch even a small cold in my entire life. That before being vegan, so now that I'm vegan, I'm even more immune... What can improve even more in my health?

Wow this is awesome.

Yay it's great to see how excited you are I get very excited too

I know how you feel, being vegan feels great, physical and mental, to me.

As far as a difference between vegan and raw diet, well as you obviously know the biggest main difference is that on a vegan diet you still prepare cooked and processed foods, and a raw (vegan) diet, you eat all raw... I do think the difference between a cooked food diet and a raw food diet can be big, some people thrive on it, some people might not... I have known people who did and people who didn't. I think it is very important, especially on a raw diet, to eat when hungry. I also think for people with digestive problems it can be very benefitial, because raw food is very easy on the digestive system... digestion takes a lot of energy from the body, so the harder the food is to digest (hardest on the scale... think about meat such as steak from a cow) the more it takes from your body to process... the less energy your body takes up digesting your foods, the more energy it has to heal and clean itself, makes sense?

I have no real recipes, when I go raw (I go from time to time, sometimes I track sideways back to simply vegan... I do love soy ice cream and some of the foods I prepare but I think raw vegan is the BEST diet possible) I just simply eat the wonderful raw foods provided by nature.. I like the natural taste of fruits, nuts and veggies. There are plenty of nice creative recipes for raw food, do a search on this forum, or google.
#13 Old 09-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Veggie Regular

You guys are great!!!!

I been writing for almost an hour a new post about raw. I will post it soon cuz I'm interested in this

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page