Will you please give me comments/suggestions on my raw food menu plan? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-07-2007, 03:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast:

1 lg banana

1 med orange

1 kiwi fruit

1/4th cup raisins

1/4th juice of a lemon

0.25 tsp vanilla extract

0.25 cup raw wheat germ

1 multi-vitamin & 1 calcium supplement

Snack:

1 lg apple

Lunch:

Salad:

2 cup romaine lettuce

1/4th avocado

2 tsp olive oil

Smoothie:

2 cup raw berries

0.5 cup fresh carrot juice

0.25 cup raw wheat germ

0.25 tsp vanilla extract

1 tsp raw sugar

Snack:

4 cups air-popped popcorn

1/4th tsp salt

2 tsp olive oil

Dinner:

1 serv rainbow slaw (it's a prepackaged mix of plain raw shredded veggies)

1 ear raw corn

1 med cucumber

1/4th avocado

2 tsp olive oil

1 calcium supplement

Totals:

1525 cal

54g fat (33%)

8g sat fat

254g carb (56%)

48g fiber

36g protein (10%)

670mg sod

4635mg potas

467mg magnes.

I purposely did not include nuts, because, erm, I'm afraid of them. I once had an allergic reaction to a brazil nut, and now I run in fear from all nuts.

If one day I get extra hungry, I'll include some dried fruit. I especially love medjool dates. But they can't be an everyday food for me, as they are so expensive. 8 dollars for a little container of them at my local grocery store that lasts for only a max of three days! crazy.

I want to try a raw-food lifestyle (NOT diet), because I feel sooo much better when I don't eat cooked foods. I have more energy, and I feel like my spirit/soul and mood has been "lifted". I know that sounds crazy, but it is the truth! But I want to do it properly and healthily. I also want to get my parents eating this way, as my 64 year old dad is a omni diabetic who eats MCDONALDS EVERY SINGLE DAY, and my 49 year old mom is an omni with a thyroid condition and she eats a lot of processed sugar and, well, junk. They don't have any weight problems, but they aren't healthy inside, and it scares me.

Anyway, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Veggie Regular

It looks good except can I ask why you are including the supplements? Supplements aren't raw but raw foodists who know they are deficient in certain things do take them. There are lots of plant foods that are good calcium sources. Looks like you are already eating a some of them.

http://dfwnetmall.com/veg/plantfoods...entcalcium.htm

One thing I would change is the "raw sugar". Are you using the sugar that says "raw" on the package? Those aren't actually raw - although, better than refined white sugars, they still go through processing to clean them up. It is illegal to sell truely raw sugar in the US because it has a lot of impurities. Outside of the US you can buy truely raw sugar. I would use Raw Agave nectar instead for your sweetener. Or you can get raw sugar cane and juice it.

Also, if you are trying for 100% raw than the popcorn would have to go.

I can understand being afraid of the nuts since you had a reaction. Maybe go and get tested for possible allergies to other nuts than if there ones you are not allergic too you can include some nutritious nuts in your diet.

Are you allergy to any seeds? Perhaps throw some sunflower, hemp or pumpkin seeds (raw of course) in with your salads.

And maybe also try to include some sprouts in your salads or eat them by themselves? Also, try some tomatoes, carrots or some bell peppers in your salads too.

Also, you didn't mention, but make sure your salt isn't table salt. Get Celtic sea salt or Himalayan Pink Salt (tastes better too). Table salt is toxic to your body.

Anyhow, those are just my suggestions of things I would change.

I am guessing this won't be exactly your everyday diet and that you are adding some variety and changing some things around (trying different greens and fruits). But I think your plan looks good!
#3 Old 04-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Veggie Regular

along with what QF said, i would add more leafy greens to your diet, too. and change it up a bit, as well, to get a great variety of nutrients. the darker the greens, the greater the nutrients.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Add one big vegetable juice everyday with lots of leafy greens.

Look for high mineral content foods.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page