New Raw Restaurant open in St. Augustine Florida - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi everyone, North Florida has its first "all raw, all organic" restaurant. The name of the restaurant is "Present Moment Cafe" and it is located on 224 W King Street (not too far from Ripley's Believe It Or Not). It is open from 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Tuesday thru Friday and 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM on Saturday. I have dined at this restaurant and I give it 5 stars (it is that good).

I tried a variety of dishes on the menu so that I could experience what they have to offer. For starters, I had "A Middle East Peace Hummus". This is their raw cashew hummus. It is light with no beans and topped with mint oil and tahini sauce served with fresh veggies and fresh corn chips. The corn chips were awesome. Special note, I sampled the hummus before I took the picture (sorry, I couldn't wait).

I then had a sampler plate with a variety of raw food cuisine. The sampler plate included the following. Some of the items were not listed on the menu.

Tacos of Life - Pinenut-chile puree, fresh salsa, guacamole in a romaine shell with Coconut Sour Cream and Jalapeno vinaigrette.

Spaghetti Marinara - Zucchini spaghetti with raw marinara sauce

Meatloaf - nut based raw loaf with a red sauce

Vegetable Sushi Maki Roll - Parsnip 'white rice'. Bell Peppers herbs and Avocado rolled in nori and served with a wasabi aioli.

I definitely recommend this restaurant. If you do visit this restaurant, please tell Yvette that Dillon, the raw foodist from Tallahassee, told you about it. If you would like to call first, their phone number is (904) 827-4499.
LL
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I tried all 3 desserts they had listed on the menu.

Fresh Fruit Tartlet $6

Macaroon crusted tartlet with a fresh fruit ginger puree and raspberry coulis.

Chocolate Marble Torte with Drunken Banana $7

Raw cacao torte with a kiss of chile and spice, completed with rum poached bananas.

Blueberry Parfait with Hemp Praline $6

Vanilla-coconut creme, layered with buckwheat crisp, blueberry compote and sweet hemp praline.

I didn't take a picture of the Fresh Fruit Tartlet (it didn't last long enough for a photo). The first picture is the Blueberry Parfait and the second picture is the Chocolate Marble Torte.
LL
LL
#3 Old 10-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Veggie Regular

oh! I just found out about this resturant! Im so excited. Thank you for the pictures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-29-2006, 09:47 PM
Veggie Regular

VEGirl3, Thanks for the reply. I am glad you liked the pictures. If I lived closer, I could easily eat here a few times a week with no problem. They have enough variety to keep you interested and the staff is very friendly.
#5 Old 10-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelWilson View Post

VEGirl3, Thanks for the reply. I am glad you liked the pictures. If I lived closer, I could easily eat here a few times a week with no problem. They have enough variety to keep you interested and the staff is very friendly.

I shall be trying it soon. The pictures look great. Since I live so close its a bonus (about 10 minutes away) The only thing im worried about is finding the resturant. I just found out about the resturant a few days ago, so this post made me even more excited! Anyway, thank you.
#6 Old 10-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Veggie Regular

The restaurant is very easy to find. Just take US-1 to King Street. There will be an ABC liquor store on the corner, just turn west onto King Street. As soon as you make that turn, you will see a Foodway on your right. You will then see Hartshorn Street on your right. It will be a green building on your right after you pass Hartshorn Street. They have parking behind the building, however, I parked across the street at some nail (manicure) shop. That is where the picture is taken from.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page