Post What You Ate Raw Today - Page 7 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#181 Old 01-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Veggie Regular

This is what I am eating today:

B: 1 apple, 1 banana, 25. g almonds

S: 1 banana, 170 g. (6 oz) raspberries

L: Romaine, Spinach and Carrot Salad with Pumpkin Seeds and a Lemon, Olive Oil and Garlic Dresing

S: 1 apple with 2 tbsp. Raw Almond Butter

D: Cabbage & Carrot Slaw with Sunflower Seeds and Raisins. Orange for dessert.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 Old 01-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingskinny View Post

isn't that more than 80%? you are doing great! your day sounds yummy!

I agree that it sounds great!

Here's the breakdown on raw/cooked percentages:

In figuring what percentage of food one is eating that is raw, you take the calories eaten of raw food versus the calories eaten for cooked food, not just variety and amounts.

So, for example, a person eating 1600 calories a day would be eating 1280 calories a day raw and only 320 calories a day cooked, to be considered 80% raw.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#183 Old 01-08-2008, 11:19 AM

i did not know that....i'm not entirely sure how i calculated it, mostly as just the quantity of food. i try to stay raw before 7pm, and then not to eat too much cooked stuff for dinner.

Today my day looks fairly similar but, for some reason, i have no appetite at all. all i seem to be wanting is fruit and water, which means that i made a great tasty sandwich that i can't seem to choke down.

anyone else new to raw: have you found any weird emotional (i have been having an overwhelming feeling of distress but i can't figure out about what) or appetite changes since reducing the amount of cooked food eaten?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#184 Old 01-09-2008, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

I agree that it sounds great!

Here's the breakdown on raw/cooked percentages:

In figuring what percentage of food one is eating that is raw, you take the calories eaten of raw food versus the calories eaten for cooked food, not just variety and amounts.

So, for example, a person eating 1600 calories a day would be eating 1280 calories a day raw and only 320 calories a day cooked, to be considered 80% raw.

Oh, interesting. That's great to know.

Lalala, I think what you are experiencing is very normal. Just stick it out and work through what you are feeling. Eat what your body is telling you it needs (or find a raw alternative if you like).

As for me, I've had to switch from all raw to high raw b/c of my breast milk supply. Bummer, but ok.
#185 Old 01-11-2008, 10:08 AM

still working away at getting more and more raw. i'm still eating cooked dinners 3-4 nights a week and i find i have trouble getting up in the mornings after i do, and the portions i can handle are very small. in general, my appetite has diminished so that now i feel like i can "take or leave" food. longterm severe hypoglycemia has cleared up somewhat so i can go longer without eating and only feel empty, but not sick, dizzy and cranky like before. raw has been an effort on my part to clear up bad fibromyalgia symptoms, and i still have pain, but it's not as bad and my sleeping has gotten much better. so, food for today:

breakfast: i dehydrated some cinnamon buckwheat crisps but wasn't hungry enough, blended the almond milk i was going to put on them with strawberries and a banana instead.

lunch: http://therawchef.blogs.com/russell_..._kale_sal.html

i've made it a couple of times and adore it. i'm trying to be creative because i am one of those people who needs a lot of variety in my food!

snacks: my last raw brownie (might save it for tonight at the movies), a big bowl of pineapple.

dinner will be cooked tofu and mushrooms as i am going out. tomorrow i am going to the raw restaurant in toronto so it will be another full day of raw, yay!
#186 Old 01-14-2008, 09:28 AM

where is everyone else! i would love to see what other people are eating!

for me today:

breakfast: carrot, apple, ginger juice and a pear

lunch: salad with oil, apple cider vinegar and mustard, dehydrated mushroom caps stuffed with sunflower seed and pine nut pesto

snack: banana, larabar (they have them at costco! woohoo!)

dinner: likely a big salad followed by a cooked dinner, i have tofu baked in ratatouille in my freezer and it will be late enough when i get home from yoga that that will be the easiest thing to make
#187 Old 01-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Veggie Regular

well I'm trying to go all raw but not fully there yet but today I had raw zucchini spaghetti with homemade marinara sauce!

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”
http://www.facebook.com/doktormartini
http://twitter.com/#!/MartyBaureis
http://doktormartini.tumblr.com

#188 Old 01-15-2008, 08:38 AM

sick today and home from work so i'm trying to stick with juices to settle my stomach. so far:

breakfast: carrot, apple, ginger juice

lunch: pineapple, orange and currant juice

i made zucchini cannelloni with cashew cheese for lunch so i'll probably eat that for dinner.
#189 Old 01-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: Banana, Nut Butter, Raisins

Lunch: Wasn't raw

Snack: Larabar

Dinner: Cabbage Wraps w/ Cashew Cheese, Fruit Salad, Tomato Basil Soup
#190 Old 02-08-2008, 01:38 AM

Breakfast: blueberry/apple homemade smoothie

Lunch: apple/celery/carrot/ginger homemade juice

Dinner: not raw
#191 Old 02-09-2008, 06:37 PM

Breakfast: grapes

Mid-morning: garden salad (mushrooms, lettuce, capsicum, tomatoes, avocado)
#192 Old 02-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm currently eating two avocados sprinkled with Kelp as a snack!

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”

#193 Old 02-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Veggie Regular

For breakfast, I ate a large red grapefruit, and for lunch, I just had, a celery stick, half a carrot, two large pieces of broccoli, and a raw potato. I sprinkled some cumin on the potato slices.
#194 Old 02-19-2008, 08:14 PM

Breakfast: apple and banana

Mid-morning- popcorn bar (does this count as raw?)

Lunch: homemade banana/date vegan cake from health food shop, salad, apple/carrot/celery juice
#195 Old 02-24-2008, 01:38 PM

I'm trying raw out. So far it's great!

Breakfast: Salad (Kale, tomatoes, onions, cabbage, grinded flaxseeds)

Lunch: Apples, dates

Dinner: Salad (Kale, tomatoes, onions, cabbage, 8 brazil nuts)

Snack: Grapefruit, dates

I'm going shopping soon, lol.
#196 Old 02-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Trying to go back to high raw for a few weeks, to see how it goes. I'm loving it so far, but I have such emotional eating issues that we'll see if I can sustain it.

Morning: Zucchini hummus with cucumber and celery, banana

Snack: fruit smoothie with pineapple, blueberries, cherries, and 1 tbsp ground flax seed

Afternoon: Spinach salad with curry cumin dressing (recipe posted under the Salad Dressings thread) and avocado

Snack: Another fruit smoothie with mango, cherries, and raspberries and flax seed meal

Evening: Salad of shredded cabbage, apples, carrots, a dash of balsamic vinegar (not raw, I know), walnuts and raisins

Snacks (I'm a big evening snacker): dried cranberries (again, not raw), homemade raw carob fudge

Tam
#197 Old 03-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I had a salad tonight with Romaine lettuce, baby greens, cucumber, red and green bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and wakame. I'm not sure if the sundried tomatoes and wakame count as raw because the wakame was dried and I boiled it to rehydrate. I also had some baby carrots and a banana for a snack. ^_^

veganGO -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
forum for vegan activists.
#198 Old 03-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicEarth View Post

I had a salad tonight with Romaine lettuce, baby greens, cucumber, red and green bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and wakame. I'm not sure if the sundried tomatoes and wakame count as raw because the wakame was dried and I boiled it to rehydrate. I also had some baby carrots and a banana for a snack. ^_^

Hm. I'm not sure on the sundried tomatoes, either. Most of the grocery store brands aren't raw unless it specifically says so. If you really want to know, you can contact the company and find out.

With the wakame - since you boiled it, it's definitely not raw. It may not have been raw to begin with.
#199 Old 03-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Well what company made it? I know Eden sea vegetables are raw

#200 Old 03-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Is Eden available in regular grocery stores where you are? I've never seen it around here.
#201 Old 03-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Veggie Regular

I ate the strawberry in my profile picture!

... I had a couple other things. I had a basic salad for lunch, (lettuce, broccolli, tomato, onion, carrot). And I had some fresh fruit and veggies, (strawberries, apple, broccoli, nectorine, carrots). Throughout the day.
#202 Old 03-06-2008, 09:18 PM

Breakfast: Smoothie (3 cups kale, beet, 2 oranges, 1 orange peel, hempseeds)

Snack: Pear

Snack: 2 peaches

Snack: peach

Dinner: 1/2 ripe coconut, red pepper, yellow pepper, bean sprouts, 2 apples
#203 Old 03-17-2008, 05:37 PM

Can I just say that I adore this thread? I have been to several other boards where a post like this is met with "What? Menu's? How DARE you go against our anti-establishment stance of not needing to plan meals and abide by menus!! You are filth, information seeker! Bahahahaha!"

Ok, maybe not so bad as that- but I asked one time for people to post their daily eats to help/inspire me for my own eating, and oh you would think I posted pics of hamburgers in their lentil threads. I realize the gift of raw eating is not having to be a slave to the cook books and such, but threads like this are amazingly informative and perfect for newbies such as myself to acclimate and transition to raw successfully!

I am not bashing other forums- please don't take me wrong- I just am pleased as punch to see people willing to be open and post what they eat because it seems like a taboo at many other raw foodie places. That being said...

*Pineapple, 2 clementines, banana

*Calzone bread (Alyssa Cohens recipe, I use it for everyday munching) with avocado, 3 stalks celery, 1/2 cucumber

*muesli- brazil-pine-almond-walnut base, papaya-currant-dates dried base, banana-raspberry-blueberry fresh base, shredded coconut and almond milk

*Giant green salad (I added pepperoncinis.. I just can't give those up yet LOL)

*Smoothie- 1 frozen banana, 1/2 C blueberries, 2 big handfuls baby spinach, lemon juice, agave nectar

And with that I am stuffed for the night!
#204 Old 03-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Tonight after school I had:

6 wraps of Avocado, Carrot, Broccoli in romaine lettuce leaves with home made sun-dried tomato hummus (thanks Ani Phyo).

A Grapefruit

An Avocado

Two of my Superfood Brownies (recipe at www.freewebs.com/doktormartini/blog.htm)

and now I am eating raisins.

#205 Old 04-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I currently am eating only one cooked meal a day. Which, today was a stirfry with tofu, spinach, mushrooms, snap peas, daikon and garlic. For raw I ate: 2 bananas, 1 apple, 1 orange, 6 strawberries, 10 baby carrots, 10 raw almonds, 10 raw cashews, 10 raw walnuts, a large salad made of romain, baby spinach and cucumbers.

I forgot to add radish and cabbage kimchi.
#206 Old 04-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Breakfast: Green Smoothie with kale, spinach, 1 banana, some strawberries, wheatgrass, raw goji berries and raw agave.

Snack: Two apples.

Lunch: Raw "Falafel Wrap" (long recipe lol)

Other snack: A couple of raw cookies (made with raw almonds, raw dates, raw walnuts and raw goiji berries)

Dinner: A salad with plenty of greens and a raw spinach dip. An avocado.
#207 Old 04-07-2008, 08:57 PM

Strawberries Mmm.
#208 Old 04-08-2008, 07:36 PM

I was at a little oriental grocery store today and saw that they had frozen packs of young coconut meat! I was like oh my gosh! Is this a sign? Because when I tried raw I had to drive 45 minutes to get fresh young coconuts and this store is right down the street from my job. Anyway, I looked at the ingredients and it was like young coconut meat, water and sugar. I was like D'oh! I was so excited until I saw the sugar, oh well. I still got some.
#209 Old 04-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Sugar? Weird doh... Why did they added sugar... not for me though.

04/08/08

Breakfast: Green Smoothie - Kale, Spinach, Banana (1), A couple of carrots, Wheatgrass, strawberries and some raw agave nectar.

Snack: An avocado, raw sunflower seeds, raw pistachios.

Lunch: A huge salad (really huge) with only different greens. Raw homemade dressing and some nuts.

Snack: 3 Slices of Watermelon

Dinner: I was seeing a movie, did not want to bother! I've made another smoothie with the same ingredients that Breakfast, but in addition, I've added tomato, celery sticks, raw cocoa and raw goji berries.
#210 Old 04-09-2008, 04:56 PM

The woman who owns the oriental store is gonna hook me up with young coconuts!

There's an Indian grocery store right down the street that sells really cheap raw nuts! I got a nice size bag of raw cashews for like $2.00 there yesterday! The owner swears they are raw. It doesn't say they are raw, but they are imported from India and the bag even says to watch out for pebbles and stuff. You can tell they are raw, too, by the color and how they feel.

So, I'm taking this easy accessibility of raw food as a sign and I'm going to try to start eating more raw. I hope to be high raw by 2010.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page