Raw Food Log - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 04-23-2006, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgirl View Post

The 4,000 calorie post was under the 2004 Journal Logs on Thursday, May

13th. Here is what she ate:

8:00 water from 3.5 young coconuts (64 oz)

9:30 2.5 pounds watermelon (4 cups)

1:15 19 medium cooking bananas ( equal to 13 medium plantains)

6:15 8 oz package of strawberries

7:45 16 cups lettuce, 3 large tomatoes and dressing made of 3 tablespoons of tahini and 6 tablespoons of lemon juice

She says that this comes out to 4,034 calories.

I am putting this into fitday,but can you really get 64 ounces of coconut milk from 3.5 coconuts? how much does the average coconut hold?

ETA: fitday says 2685 calories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 04-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I just put it into fitday and got 3,730 calories, but still, that's plenty. Anyhow for the coconut water, I just typed in "coconut water" and it came up and I clicked yeilds of 3.5 coconuts.
#33 Old 04-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Veggie Regular

It doesn't matter if she ate 4,000 calories one day because based on her food log, she eats significantly less than 4,000 calories on pretty much every day she posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 04-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgirl View Post

The 4,000 calorie post was under the 2004 Journal Logs on Thursday, May

13th. Here is what she ate:

8:00 water from 3.5 young coconuts (64 oz)

9:30 2.5 pounds watermelon (4 cups)

1:15 19 medium cooking bananas ( equal to 13 medium plantains)

6:15 8 oz package of strawberries

7:45 16 cups lettuce, 3 large tomatoes and dressing made of 3 tablespoons of tahini and 6 tablespoons of lemon juice

She says that this comes out to 4,034 calories.

Wow. This whole thing sounds really whacky. Coconuts are high in calories and so is watermelon (tho empty of nutrients). That will certainly give her 4,000 calories easy. I can't imagine sitting down and eating 8 cups of coconut in one sitting! eta: oops, it was only the water lol. I thought she was eating the whole coconut lol. or 19 banana's! Does she do this every day? or is this a weekly thing?
#35 Old 04-23-2006, 01:58 PM

can someone's stomach hold 19 bananas?
#36 Old 04-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

She's almost a fruitarian, so she eats huge amounts of fruit. Basically, the majority of her calories come from fruit. She got over 2,ooo calories just from the bananas and she eats a large number of bananas daily. She's following Dr. Douglas Graham's diet and I don't agree with the extremely high amounts of fruit he suggests that one eats, but I can't really critisize her as she looks better than I do. Shes' eating a lot healthier than the average person and she eats plenty of greens. I just don't know that eating that much fruit is really healthy.
#37 Old 04-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrpelle View Post

Wow, I don't know. My mom always told me to only eat 1 or 2 bananas per day because they can make you constipated.
#38 Old 04-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrpelle View Post

oooohhh I wonder about the constipation from that!
#39 Old 04-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sunflower* View Post

Wow, I don't know. My mom always told me to only eat 1 or 2 bananas per day because they can make you constipated.

Well, according to Dr. Graham, you have to work up to being able to eat such large amounts of fruit. He wants you to get to where you can consolidate your food into three meals per day on an all raw, low fat diet and still be getting plenty of calories. He does this diet and eats around 6,000 calories per day because he's extremely active.
#40 Old 04-23-2006, 02:07 PM

she'd have to eat 4000 cals a day to get in all her nutrients and minimum 10%protein on that diet.

17 cups of lettuce is a huge bowl. i have eaten some big salads in my life but that would take you 3 hours. seriously.
#41 Old 04-23-2006, 02:11 PM

I wonder If she'd be willing to come on veggieboards and answer our questions.
#42 Old 04-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Veggie Regular

To learn more about the diet Dr. Graham espouses, to to www.foodnsport.com.
#43 Old 04-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh another link is www.vegsource.com under the section Raw and Sports with Dr. Doug Graham.
#44 Old 04-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sunflower* View Post

It doesn't matter if she ate 4,000 calories one day because based on her food log, she eats significantly less than 4,000 calories on pretty much every day she posted.

Bingo! Also, even *that* day is lacking in basic nutrients (and it's not 4,000 calories anyway ).

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#45 Old 04-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I also wonder how long it would take to eat that much lettuce. I ate a bag of lettuce last night and I felt like I was at the table all night.
#46 Old 04-23-2006, 11:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSwab View Post

I also wonder how long it would take to eat that much lettuce. I ate a bag of lettuce last night and I felt like I was at the table all night.

Man, I KNOW what you mean and a bag of lettuce is only about 4-6 cups max! When my sweetie and I were 100% raw, we'd make huge salads for ourselves (like 6 cups) with mixed lettuces, cucumbers, avocado, chopped cabbage, sprouts, tomatoes, and even those seemed like it took forever to chew and eat. We would actually stop eating because our jaws would get tired. My SO is about 2 feet taller and 180lbs. heavier than what she says she is by the way...

I honestly don't know how anyone can eat 16 cups of lettuce as a meal, really, especialy a tiny person when my giant man with a HUGE appetite and ENORMOUS daily caloric needs could barely get through 6 cups of raw salad or 4 cups of smoothie at separate sittings

Being raw, it was a challenge for him to get in enough calories (without a very high fat diet) and as it was he ate several avocadoes, 3-5 servings of nuts and/or seeds, 2 large chopped salads with tomatoes, cucumbers, seeds, sprouts and more deliciousness, flax crackers, a fruit salad and a smoothie daily and even that was less than enough calories and nutrients for him.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#47 Old 04-28-2006, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I ate a head of lettuce for lunch, course I did not sit down at the table it was like fast food on the go, took about about 10 min to eat I guess

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page