Hey Samuel how's it shaking - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Beginner

How is it going on your fruitarian journey?

What did you do with all your raw recipe foods? Still have them? Gave them away? Tossed them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Give us a menu of your average daily diet. I'd be interested to see exactly how you eat.
#3 Old 04-17-2006, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgirl View Post

Give us a menu of your average daily diet. I'd be interested to see exactly how you eat.

me too. i wish more raw people would post in the I Ate Today thread, or start one in here. i only see what rawgirl eats on a daily basis (thanks BTW rawgirl)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrpelle View Post

me too. i wish more raw people would post in the I Ate Today thread, or start one in here. i only see what rawgirl eats on a daily basis (thanks BTW rawgirl)

I thought there was a What Did You Eat RAW Today? thread here, but I can't seem to find it.
#5 Old 04-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post

I thought there was a What Did You Eat RAW Today? thread here, but I can't seem to find it.

I know there used to be one.
#6 Old 04-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrpelle View Post

You're welcome.
#7 Old 04-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Beginner

We can start one. Maybe different ones? Would be easier to check on what a fruitarian eats vs. a general raw food diet in different threads.
#8 Old 04-17-2006, 10:47 PM

I was fruitarian once for 6 months. Just fruit, no nuts or seeds or beans or grains. I became very deficient and had to start eating "normal" food again which made me very ill. Eventually I realised cooking food was harmful (I'd never heard of the raw food diet) and it was cooked food making me ill. My body was no longer able to tolerate cooked food (had no problems before!) so I had no choice but to be raw vegan.

I've been too scared to go back to just fruit after my last experience until about 2 weeks ago when I ate just fruit for 3 days and felt wonderful. So since then I've eaten just fruit and brazil nuts. I don't eat brazil nuts every day, but when I do I eat about half a packet. (50g)

I'm not going to stay on this diet permeanantly, I think it's dangerous. But in the short term it's great.

It's a shame that the diets that are the lightest and most pure and clean and cleansing aren't sustainable in the longterm
#9 Old 04-17-2006, 10:51 PM

Not that I'm eating enough to have a healthy diet anyway. I'm thinking of this as a sort of fast. So it certainly wouldn't be a healthy permeanant diet.

I eat 2 boxes of red grapes, a few bananas, and either a few dates or a few clementines, or an avocado. And some days half a packet of brazil nuts.

I can't eat any more. I'm too full.
#10 Old 04-18-2006, 08:58 AM

ya SamuelWilson, I was wondering about it today too, so how's it shaking??

#11 Old 04-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairidh View Post

I was fruitarian once for 6 months. Just fruit, no nuts or seeds or beans or grains. I became very deficient and had to start eating "normal" food again which made me very ill. Eventually I realised cooking food was harmful (I'd never heard of the raw food diet) and it was cooked food making me ill. My body was no longer able to tolerate cooked food (had no problems before!) so I had no choice but to be raw vegan.

I've been too scared to go back to just fruit after my last experience until about 2 weeks ago when I ate just fruit for 3 days and felt wonderful. So since then I've eaten just fruit and brazil nuts. I don't eat brazil nuts every day, but when I do I eat about half a packet. (50g)

I'm not going to stay on this diet permeanantly, I think it's dangerous. But in the short term it's great.

It's a shame that the diets that are the lightest and most pure and clean and cleansing aren't sustainable in the longterm

I think a lot of people new to raw aren't able to do high fruit so soon, especially if they had a compromised diet before hand. I've read many testimonies about them being high fruit after they've been on raw or working on raw for a while. So you may be able to get back into it.
#12 Old 04-18-2006, 11:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I was fruitarian once for 6 months. Just fruit, no nuts or seeds or beans or grains.

Ouch. I think that was your problem. Did you have a specific reason for avoiding all that good stuff? What about tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, etc?

If you were eating just the "sweet fruit" for 6 months, I can see how that might totally mess you up. All the same, I applaud you for your discipline!

It is sustainable long term if you eat a variety (I'm starting year 4). BRAZIL NUTS ARE KEY. They contain a zillion vitamins, essential oils & even some protein. Also, load up on avocado if you can. And olive oil... 'nuff said.

Personally, I think going from "normal" to raw fruitarian all at once is a shock to the system, like Sharon says above. I went vegan to cooked fruitarian first, and now I'm sliding into raw. SamW took the other approach and went raw vegan first, and now he's raw fruitarian.

Cairidh, good luck to you if you decide to stick with it. Hey, that'll make 3 of us on VB (not counting the fruity lurkers)
#13 Old 04-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post

Here it is: https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=14964

Most of the people in the thread weren't raw foodists or fruitarians though, so it was just normal veg*ns posting the raw foods that they had eaten over the course of that day.

(PS: you can sort forums by "# Of Replies" to find large threads quickly)
#14 Old 04-19-2006, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon View Post

I think a lot of people new to raw aren't able to do high fruit so soon, especially if they had a compromised diet before hand. I've read many testimonies about them being high fruit after they've been on raw or working on raw for a while. So you may be able to get back into it.

Yes I've been amazed at the difference between how I felt then (terrible) and how I feel now (wonderful).
#15 Old 04-19-2006, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatorMouse View Post

Ouch. I think that was your problem. Did you have a specific reason for avoiding all that good stuff? What about tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, etc?

If you were eating just the "sweet fruit" for 6 months, I can see how that might totally mess you up.

I know, it was really stupid. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I didn't want to buy grains/beans/seeds because of all the fieldmice etc who are killed when they're harvested. I thought fruit was the only thing you could eat without killing something. Now I know a lot of animals are killed in the production of fruit. So next time I try to follow the "diet of least harm" I'll choose freeganism. (Too embarrassed to go diving at the moment)

And no it wasn't just sweet fruit, I did eat non sweet fruits - tomatoes, peppers, courgettes, squash, pumpkin, olives, avocado.

I haven't been eating them the last 2 weeks (except a few avocados), I've been having just sweet fruit, and I actually feel a lot better. But I suppose that's because they're more cleansing - and in the short term, cleansing is better. In the longterm I'd feel better with the non sweets.
#16 Old 04-19-2006, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatorMouse View Post

Cairidh, good luck to you if you decide to stick with it. Hey, that'll make 3 of us on VB (not counting the fruity lurkers)

Thanks!

I've been very interested in reading your posts on the fruitarian thread. It's really nice to hear somebody elses experiences. What are your reasons for doing it?
#17 Old 04-19-2006, 12:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I didn't want to buy grains/beans/seeds because of all the fieldmice etc who are killed when they're harvested. I thought fruit was the only thing you could eat without killing something.

Now that's one of the coolest reasons I've heard. Bold as hell. But yeah, unfortunately every commercially harvested product kills animals. Except olives, I hear. Supposedly they're harvested by suspending nets under the trees and catching the olives as they fall.

Hmm... an "olivarian" diet?

My reason for going fruity was that I didn't want to destroy plants. Not that I think plants have consciousness or feelings, but I just think they're fantastic works of art.

Since then a few other philosophies have fallen into place, such as the Buddhist idea that the further away from the ground you get, the more pure & refined the food source is. Makes sense, right? If the plant's job is to convert earth into food, wouldn't you want the absolute pinnacle of its efforts?

And wow, I could burn a whole page talking about this stuff, but it's wayy past my bedtime

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page