Samuel Wilson going back to fruitarianism - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Folks, it is time that I must say goodbye. I have decided to return to fruitarianism.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-12-2006, 02:39 PM

You mean you have given up on raw foods so you must leave or you have given up on the wider term "veg*n" so now you must leave because you are too pure for us, lol.

I really am wondering if you are leaving this raw food forum or VB altogether.
#3 Old 04-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Veggie Regular

goatee, I will still be a raw vegan. I will just go back to eating whole fruit and fruit like vegetables. No more raw food cuisine, no more salt, no more anything other than whole organic fresh fruits and fruit like vegetables.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-12-2006, 02:48 PM

So why are you leaving? I'm totally interested in how this works out for you. Maybe you'd consider doing a bit of a diary of this jouney -- I think a lot of people here would be interested.

This version of the "raw diet" is most appealing to me.
#5 Old 04-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I have always said a fruitarian diet is the most healthiest diet one can be on. It is man's original diet.

To be a fruitarian simply means you eat only whole fruits and fruit like vegetables. Some examples of fruit like vegetables are tomatoes, cucumbers and corn. Basically, if it falls away from the host plant with out killing the plant, then it is available to be eaten.

The thinking behind a fruitarian diet is that you do not believe in any killing. Nothing dies in order for you to eat, not even a plant.
#6 Old 04-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Friutarianism has always interested me, though I could never give up greens and sprouts.
#7 Old 04-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Veggie Regular

where are you going to be going to pick up this fruit that isn't being harmed in order to be consumed?...one can't live off a single orange tree (esp. if it only grows fruit for one part of the year), so I'm curious to ask.
#8 Old 04-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I am going to buy it from the organic market where I get my fruit and fruit like vegetables now.
#9 Old 04-12-2006, 04:19 PM

So does this mean you'll stay and tell us about your journey? I really hope so. I believe too that the fruitarian whole-food raw vegan diet is the most natrual diet -- I would love to read of the challenges you encounter and how you are feeling and what nutrients you are concerned about and how you'll address those concerns.

That would be a super cool thread!!!
#10 Old 04-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatee View Post

So does this mean you'll stay and tell us about your journey? I really hope so. I believe too that the fruitarian whole-food raw vegan diet is the most natrual diet -- I would love to read of the challenges you encounter and how you are feeling and what nutrients you are concerned about and how you'll address those concerns.

That would be a super cool thread!!!

Ok then, this shall be that thread. I will let you know how I am doing.
#11 Old 04-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Are you going to eat any greens and sprouts? I think they are a very important to your health.
#12 Old 04-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Some fruit has small leafy caps and this will be my source of leafy greens, like strawberries, etc..
#13 Old 04-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I wish I was you! I really want to go into raw food fruitarianism, but my parents will have a panic attack if I do. Plus it's spring and I can't get a large variety of fruit. I plan to go into raw food fruitarianism when I'm on my own.

Congratulations... and good luck!
#14 Old 04-12-2006, 05:05 PM

I'd be really interested in sample menu plans -- so how about once in awhile I ask you what you have eaten for an entire day?

How about tomorrow? Can you please keep track of what you eat and how you feel tomorrow? If it's too much work,though, I understand. Just whatever thoughts you have about your journey will be most excellent.
#15 Old 04-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Veggie Regular

DeflatorMouse (on this board) is also a Fruitarian. You two should trade notes.
#16 Old 04-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSiren View Post

DeflatorMouse (on this board) is also a Fruitarian.

Really? Interesting. I thought he was interested in it but not someone who followed that diet strictly. Cool! <<not a fruit

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#17 Old 04-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Veggie Regular

So what are you going to do with all the onions you ordered?

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#18 Old 04-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid_child View Post

So what are you going to do with all the onions you ordered?

It is sad, but unfortunately, I will have to give the onions away.

I had some bananas for dinner. Now I am enjoying a young thai coconut. I cut a hole in the top and put a straw in it.
#19 Old 04-13-2006, 07:33 AM
Veggie Regular

I have a couple questions-

If you have any negative side effects from the frutarian diet, are you going to be honest about it say it in your posts? Not saying you would lie, just honestly asking.

Are you getting a source of vitamin B12?
#20 Old 04-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrrrl79 View Post

If you have any negative side effects from the frutarian diet, are you going to be honest about it say it in your posts? Not saying you would lie, just honestly asking.

I have been a fruitarian before, the prepared raw food meals allowed me to stay raw. I felt great as a fruitarian. I have decided to return because I have the discipline now and the determination to succeed that I did not have at that time (well, I may have had it, but for whatever reason, I started including raw food cuisine in my diet at that time).

As far as getting B12, I will get my B12 from the same place as the Mountain Gorilla, from bacteria on the surface or organic fruits and fruit like vegetables. I will also get B12 from (decided that maybe this was not appropriate in the forum).
#21 Old 04-13-2006, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelWilson View Post

I have been a fruitarian before, the prepared raw food meals allowed me to stay raw. I felt great as a fruitarian. I have decided to return because I have the discipline now and the determination to succeed that I did not have at that time (well, I may have had it, but for whatever reason, I started including raw food cuisine in my diet at that time).

well, I wish you luck. but IMO you shouldn't need disipline or determination to eat- you should eat what you want and a variety of foods for nutrients and to fuel your body properly.

Quote:

I will also get B12 from performing cunninglingus.

they are carrying new things at the Organic market every day! it's amazing.
#22 Old 04-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I will also get B12 from performing cunninglingus.

Well, you'll have to dedicate many hours a day to this practice to meet your daily requirement so...best of luck with THAT

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#23 Old 04-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Veggie Regular

SammyW this thread made my day!!! As Victor Laslow said to Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca: "Welcome back to the fight. This time I'm sure we'll win."

(I'm not sure what that means in this case, but it sounds like the ballzy thing to say)

Yeah, as SeaSiren mentioned, I'm a fruity and have been since 2003. The diet side of things is very easy, but I'm having trouble with the overall "fruitan" lifestyle (not using wood/plant products at all). If you decide to take it to that level, I'm sure we can share some great ideas.

Or even if you're just doing it for the diet (health) aspects, we can trade notes there as well. What exactly is your reason? I know you mentioned that you believe it to be the most natural diet, but does compassion for plant life enter into the equation at all? I'm curious as hell, because I've never met another fuitarian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrrrl79 View Post

Hey blue. B12 hasn't been a problem for me at all. I rely on unwashed organic fruits (I have a pear tree & a peach tree). For safe measure, I occasionally sprinkle yeast on my food. But I've done the research, and the RDA of B12 is so small that I meet that easily.

As for negative effects, I'll be totally honest and say that in the last 2.5 years I've had none. Well, except my hair is really gnarly because I don't use conditioner anymore (anyone know of a fruitarian conditioner?). Also I sometimes have insomnia because the fruit diet keeps my energy level so high sometimes it's tough to downshift to lazy mode. But that's a good thing, right?

Anyway, good luck, Sam. You, being the gourmet that you are, will probably be able to take this to new creative highs. I'll be 1st in line to buy your cookbook! (Provided that it's printed on rice paper or some wood alternative )
#24 Old 04-13-2006, 10:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatorMouse View Post

good luck, Sam. You, being the gourmet that you are, will probably be able to take this to new creative highs. I'll be 1st in line to buy your cookbook! (Provided that it's printed on rice paper or some wood alternative )

I have decided to return to a fruitarian simply because it is the healthiest diet in my opinion.
#25 Old 04-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Beginner

Hey Samuel - I am curious if you felt different or not as vibrant on the heavy recipe/seasoned type of raw diet? Do you think all the spices and such made you more tired? Or is being fruitarian just easier all around?
#26 Old 04-13-2006, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

Really? Interesting. I thought he was interested in it but not someone who followed that diet strictly. Cool! <<not a fruit

Not only does he follow the diet strictly but he keeps track of everything he eats. Go ahead, test him. Pick any day in the last two years and he can tell you exactly what he ate.
#27 Old 04-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Beginner

Quote:

my hair is really gnarly because I don't use conditioner anymore (anyone know of a fruitarian conditioner?).

Is coconut oil considered fruitarian? I use it on my hair and skin.
#28 Old 04-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatee View Post

Not only does he follow the diet strictly but he keeps track of everything he eats. Go ahead, test him. Pick any day in the last two years and he can tell you exactly what he ate.

Haha, yep. I guess you could say that fruitarianism has led to a slight degree of insanity.

Sharon: coconut oil is totally fruitarian! Thanks for the suggestion!
#29 Old 04-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Sharon: coconut oil is totally fruitarian! Thanks for the suggestion!

I have totally insane thick curly hair. Think Twisted Sister or Bernadette Peters. I stopped using shampoo - sometimes I use Dr. Bronner's if I feel it needs to be cleansed. It is hard for me to give up conditioner at this point but I use the coco oil as a styling application, and when I apply the hair dryer to it, it melts into my hair.
#30 Old 04-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon View Post

Hey Samuel - I am curious if you felt different or not as vibrant on the heavy recipe/seasoned type of raw diet? Do you think all the spices and such made you more tired? Or is being fruitarian just easier all around?

Sharon, I do feel that I am a little more lighter feeling on this diet. Another advantage of this diet, it keeps you from having to constantly research ingredients to see if they are raw or not. I mean, if it is whole fresh fruit, then obviously it is raw and living, just makes life so much more simpler.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page