VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Raw Food Support Forum (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/188-raw-food-support-forum/)
-   -   Fruitarian? (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/188-raw-food-support-forum/228926-fruitarian.html)

Vegan690 08-27-2018 03:18 AM

Fruitarian?

Anybody else a fruitarian?

I’m trying to eat mostly fruitarian mainly out of curiosity. I know we are supposed to be biological frugavores. I don’t eat 100% fruit because it’s too hard to eat enough so I eat cooked sweet potatoes as well.

But one big difference I am noticing is smell. My sense of smell has increased dramatically. It’s crazy. I can not tolerate the smell of meat eaters anymore. They stink!!! It’s got the point where I can tell my son ate meat at his dads because he reeks when he comes home. It’s a smell that seems acidic, or something. Just nasty. And everybody smells this way, except other vegans. Anybody have this same experience?

Tom 08-27-2018 11:46 AM

I'm not fruitarian, although most of my foods other than leafy vegetables, oniony/garlicky vegetables, and potatoes are technically fruits.

We have/had a few fruitarian members here.

Shyla 09-20-2018 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegan690 (Post 4118986)
Anybody else a fruitarian?

I’m trying to eat mostly fruitarian mainly out of curiosity. I know we are supposed to be biological frugavores. I don’t eat 100% fruit because it’s too hard to eat enough so I eat cooked sweet potatoes as well.

But one big difference I am noticing is smell. My sense of smell has increased dramatically. It’s crazy. I can not tolerate the smell of meat eaters anymore. They stink!!! It’s got the point where I can tell my son ate meat at his dads because he reeks when he comes home. It’s a smell that seems acidic, or something. Just nasty. And everybody smells this way, except other vegans. Anybody have this same experience?

Yes, im a fruitarian and i love it much.

Vegan690 10-26-2018 10:03 AM

I wanted to post an update. I didn’t manage even a week on the fruitarian diet. One morning after eating a breakfast of mangos I got a terrible stomach ache and threw up. After that I gave up fruitarian and went back to my standard starch based diet.

katebrownell 05-20-2019 01:08 AM

I'm not completely fruitarian but I'm vegan. I love to put lots of veggies in my meals. I never tried a whole day only eating fruits. As I heard a few times that overeating of fruit is not much healthy. Fruits are the best source of nutrition, as I know overnutrition can lead to a negative effect.

But I eat fruits as my breakfast and make smoothies for me and kids as well. It's healthy and keeps energetic all day.