Sprouting Question - VeggieBoards

Sprouting Question

8oliveplants
07:43 AM 01-24-2018
Hi y'all,

I am a newbie to the raw vegan diet, having just started in November of last year. I have really missed humus since going raw, so I tried sprouting garbanzo beans to make raw humus. The beans wouldn't sprout. I tried our well water, filtered water, distilled water, etc. and followed the directions to the T, but I was still unsuccessful. I can sprout alfalfa and lentils with no problem. Any tips about sprouting garbanzo beans?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

David3's Avatar David3
09:35 PM 01-24-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8oliveplants View Post
Hi y'all,

I am a newbie to the raw vegan diet, having just started in November of last year. I have really missed humus since going raw, so I tried sprouting garbanzo beans to make raw humus. The beans wouldn't sprout. I tried our well water, filtered water, distilled water, etc. and followed the directions to the T, but I was still unsuccessful. I can sprout alfalfa and lentils with no problem. Any tips about sprouting garbanzo beans?

Thanks!

Hi 8oliveplants,

Beans can remain viable for sprouting/growing for up to 4 years: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/gar...-old-seeds.htm . If your garbanzo beans have been in storage for a while, they might be too old to sprout.
KristiNolan
01:52 AM 05-30-2018
Informative!
Reply Up