VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   Raw Food Support Forum (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/188-raw-food-support-forum/)
-   -   Best juicer (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/188-raw-food-support-forum/227324-best-juicer.html)

Eugenemsmith 10-04-2017 10:00 AM

Best juicer

Very informative thread.

Werewolf Girl 10-07-2017 12:53 PM

I use the Breville one from Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and it works really well: https://shop.rebootwithjoe.com/produ...8aAq6VEALw_wcB

David3 10-07-2017 07:48 PM

My wife and I have a Vitamix. Durable!

Knowtions In Motion 10-08-2017 07:46 AM

Vitamix is a blender that mixes the whole fruit/veggie...not a juicer that separates juice from the pulp, which is great for smoothies, soups, dressings, etc., but not so much for juicing...unless, of course, you want to blend it all together then pour it through a fine mesh strainer or manually squeeze it through a nut milk bag or cheese cloth to extract the juice. That's how we did our home grown grapes this year.

I remember reading that the masticating types are better than the centrifugal types, especially if you're planning to juice a whole lot of greens. But I haven't used that kind enough to make a valid statement about it.

I use a Jack LaLane Power Juicer (centrifugal) I scored at a thrift shop for $3.99. It's still working just fine after a little over 2.5 years. It does the greens okay as long as I mix them in with something more firm at the same time. It bogs down if I put too many greens in by themselves.

I've found almost all of my kitchen appliances, including my Vitamix (for $95), a Yonanas machine ($3), dehydrator ($5) at consignment shops, thrift shops, and by placing ads in our local Craigslist "wanted" section. Many folks buy this stuff with good intentions, then tire of it, or have it gifted to them and it just sits around collecting dust, never to be used.

Anita Joyce 10-08-2017 08:04 PM

I started with this juicer (I now own a juice bar)There are some great ones on the market. If you want an affordable high speed this is my go to! I wrote this on my own blog https://plantbasedproductreview.word...-power-juicer/

If you want a masticating juicer I love my Omega 8600.
Happy Juicing!

TidyLittlePea 01-06-2018 10:24 AM

I tried to get into juicing, but I feel its too processed, and so I just went back to making smoothies with a blender.

KristiNolan 05-30-2018 12:54 AM

That would also taste good!!!

Emalia 06-28-2018 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David3 (Post 4110610)
My wife and I have a Vitamix. Durable!

Informative

bobbyyan 09-22-2018 12:34 AM

@Eugenemsmith
I will definitely suggest you to buy Hamilton Beach juicer, it is long-lasting product.. so that you may no need to buy for each and every month.

Regie’93 07-09-2019 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knowtions In Motion (Post 4110622)
Vitamix is a blender that mixes the whole fruit/veggie...not a juicer that separates juice from the pulp, which is great for smoothies, soups, dressings, etc., but not so much for juicing...unless, of course, you want to blend it all together then pour it through a fine mesh strainer or manually squeeze it through a nut milk bag or cheese cloth to extract the juice. That's how we did our home grown grapes this year.

I remember reading that the masticating types are better than the centrifugal types, especially if you're planning to juice a whole lot of greens. But I haven't used that kind enough to make a valid statement about it.

I use a Jack LaLane Power Juicer (centrifugal) I scored at a thrift shop for $3.99. It's still working just fine after a little over 2.5 years. It does the greens okay as long as I mix them in with something more firm at the same time. It bogs down if I put too many greens in by themselves.

I've found almost all of my kitchen appliances, including my Vitamix (for $95), a Yonanas machine ($3), dehydrator ($5) at consignment shops, thrift shops, and by placing ads in our local Craigslist "wanted" section. Many folks buy this stuff with good intentions, then tire of it, or have it gifted to them and it just sits around collecting dust, never to be used.

So sorry for reviving this thread, Knowtions In Motion, yet it seems that my Breville died horribly so now I can't juice my greens. Do you (or any of fellow members) have recommendations on a good and reliable juicer for kale, spinach and other greens? Masticating prefered, since the previous one was a centrifugal one and I want to try something new this time.

Knowtions In Motion 07-12-2019 07:13 AM

I still use my Jack LaLane thrift store score to juice my fruits and veggies, Regie, so I'm afraid I have no other experiences to pull from regarding masticating juicers.

Anita Joyce, above, mentioned loving the Omega 8600 masticating juicer, and also mentioned owning a juice bar.

Best wishes on finding one that meets your needs and doesn't break the bank. Cheers!