3Likes
  • 1 Post By LedBoots
  • 1 Post By Loki Laufeyson
  • 1 Post By BlackBoxed

#1 Old 03-23-2016, 10:03 PM
Witch of the South

Send a message via Skype™ to Loki Laufeyson
Hey guys.

I really don't want to look through different threads for the answer to my questions, because I am lazy and busy at the moment, (oxymoron?) so please don't go all on me, lmfao.

I want to switch to a raw food diet and go vegan. I know this will be very challenging, especially since I have only been vegetarian for eight months, but I really think I can do this.

The problem is, is my addiction to junk food. Sweets really aren't my thing, it is the salty stuff that gets me. French fries, Lays Potato Chips, and anything with spice. I know the health benefits of switching to a raw food plant based only diet and I really want to do this. I am already cutting out dairy and switching to Soy Milk, which I really enjoy.

What are some recommendations you have for someone just starting out? Links, words of advice, etc.

Also have a big problem with soda. Love that stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-24-2016, 01:54 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Hi Loki L and welcome

My words of advice would be to go healthy vegan first, then worry about the raw. Eat lots of fruit and vegetables including greens. Try new things, eat what is in season and local.

I'm vegan and eat a diet with grains, legumes, all kinds of cooked and uncooked veggies, and lots of fresh fruit.
#3 Old 03-24-2016, 04:03 PM
Witch of the South

Send a message via Skype™ to Loki Laufeyson
Okay thanks! Is it easier to go that route?
LedBoots likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-24-2016, 04:43 PM
Bean Queen

Raw food diets can be extreme and often require a lot of research into what your body requires nutritionally to run efficiently. A lot of people go in thinking it will be easy to just eat veg and fruits, and as much as it can have many health benefits, it can be dangerous and lead to malnutrition if not done properly. Not to mention, it can be pretty jolting to abruptly disturb the body so much in a short amount of time.

In that right, I would say go vegan first and focus on that for a while. As you do research for what your body actually needs (what plants have which vitamins, how much of them you need daily/weekly, minerals, ect), then slowly swap out your cooked vegan meals a little at a time. Not to mention it will likely be a smoother transition.

Btw: You can still make 'junk' food, it's just significantly less junky. Like cornchips dehydrated, not baked!, in the oven.
LedBoots likes this.
#5 Old 06-22-2016, 03:34 PM

I have a question. If one does decide to try to jump in head first and just do the raw vegan diet... what foods would you recommend they def not skimp on?

I know that in the past I don't have many stomach or digestive issues from the raw foods. As far as calories go I would think

Avocados, Coconuts, Dates and Bananas would be like the big 4.

Thanks!
#6 Old 06-24-2016, 11:42 AM

Check out Fully Raw Kristina on YouTube

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page