5Likes
  • 1 Post By Kiwibird08
  • 1 Post By antonio.beale
  • 1 Post By HeyitsKendra919
  • 1 Post By MozIsMyShepherd
  • 1 Post By Enthios

#1 Old 10-02-2014, 11:31 AM
No flesh since 99'

What detox symptoms did you experience going raw? For how long?

I have been on a "mostly raw" (about 80%) diet for about 3 weeks now. I am still having some cooked grains and home-made healthy baked goods (not an excessive amount though and I do not use sugar in my baked goods, all fruit sweetened). I feel thats the best I can do for my budget and lifestyle at this time and actually be able to stick with it. Also not 100% vegan either, I have had some honey in my home made oat milk.

I've been a ovo-lacto vegetarian for 15 years and have been eating "healthy" foods for about 8 years (no soy, highly processed foods, refined sugar, greasy, excess salt ext...), and have always eaten a lot of fruit and veg. But I also had a lot of raw cheese, ghee, eggs, kefir, yogurt, whole milk... Now that I am not consuming dairy or eggs, I have upped my fruit/veg intake by a lot.

I know there's always detox and odd symptoms when you improve your diet Just curious what kind of symptoms and reactions others experienced during the detox process? Also how long it lasted before your body re-regulated and started healing and you started seeing noticeable improvements? I think I'm getting over the worst of it, but curious what others went through?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-16-2014, 04:22 AM

Off the top of my head I can just remember headaches for the first 4 days.
#3 Old 11-19-2014, 04:56 PM
No flesh since 99'

It's been over 2 months now, and any detox and adjustments are done, and now I'm feeling great! So glad I stuck it out. Never got headaches, but definitely digestive issues and felt like I had the flu with body aches and general tiredness. Now I have been gradually upping the amount of raw. Cooked foods are just holding less and less appeal to me. Now it's starting to become this "thing" in my mind that cooked foods don't really belong in my body (just like meat did after I went veg and after I cut out junk foods) and I kind of feel gross eating them. Anyone else ever experience that?
lightergait likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-13-2015, 01:05 PM

I was quite fortunate to have a smooth transition to raw foods even if my previous diet was filled with animal products. Just a few headaches and an overall lack of energy for 3-4 days. Afterwards, nothing Just energy for the entire day, perfect digestion and less hours of sleep every night.
Kiwibird08 likes this.

Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for various articles on healthy living and personal development.
#5 Old 03-13-2015, 08:28 PM
Bananas and Boybands

I can't speak for being raw but I had some horrible detox symptoms when I first went vegan. I jumped right from the SAD diet into a vegan diet so I think that played a big role in the detox. If I remember correctly the worst of it only lasted a few days but it was pretty bad. Headaches, stomach aches, crazy fatigue, breaking out, horrible bloating, even passing out in the shower...
I blame some of it on lack of calories too as I didn't realize I should be eating more since plants are less dense than animal products.
It's no wonder that my dad did not agree with this lifestyle change. Thankfully I've learned a lot since then and now I feel better than I ever have before.
Kiwibird08 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.