How much raw do you eat a day? - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: Who much raw food do you eat in a typical day?
0-10% 0 0%
11-25% 0 0%
26-50% 0 0%
51-75% 0 0%
76-100% 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-17-2004, 04:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Just curious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-17-2004, 01:59 PM

I eat about 18-19 % of my caloric intake raw.
#3 Old 05-20-2004, 11:21 AM
Veggie Regular

I usually do 50-60% but a couple of days a week I go for 80-90%. I don't think I could ever go 100%.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-20-2004, 11:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Not nearly enough. I'm a total grain fiend!
#5 Old 05-30-2004, 06:31 PM

I eat 100%raw and love it. I had been 90-95% for 4 1/2 years, but now am 100%. I have never felt better, and have an abundance of energy. I have a 20 year old son who can't keep up. My husband is 95% raw (he still loves his baked potatoes). When I eat cooked (even a small amount of potatoes and grains), I put on weight and feel awful.

Vickie Fisher

TheRawVeganNetwork.com
#6 Old 05-30-2004, 06:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I suddenly get a very guilty feeling.......

*puts FRUITS on grocery list*
#7 Old 06-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow, that's fantastic, Vickie!

I recently started eating FAR more raw food... I'm in my second week of 50-75% raw and I love it.
#8 Old 06-05-2004, 06:53 PM

I voted 26 to 50 although it is usually closer to 50. Raw food is awesome.
#9 Old 06-05-2004, 10:43 PM

Veganvic, I eat 100% raw too! I've been 100% raw for a year and a half, but before that I was raw on and off for about a year too. It's definitely the best thing I've ever done for myself (and the earth and animals!)...I luv being raw!
#10 Old 06-06-2004, 07:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I think between 35 and 50 % raw. I know the more raw I eat the better I feel. Particularly fruits seem to help balance my moods and give me bit of energy. Plus I always just feel so good when I'm eating a piece of fruit.

B
#11 Old 06-06-2004, 07:10 AM

I should do 100% raw a few times a week, I realize it is the healthiest way to eat and I love raw food so why not. I need to see a definitive listing of what is considered raw so that I may still consume a fair share of protein.
#12 Old 06-08-2004, 04:57 PM
Beginner

im about 90% raw, due to a veryvannila silk addiction
#13 Old 06-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Veggie Regular

WOW! So you're telling me you eat only uncooked food? So not need for a stove?... EVER? I'm new in veggie land, so I just can't comprihend this... even in the winter? You don't eat bread? Nothing warm?... cookies?... I'm sorry if I sound like a fool, but I really had no idea anyone did that... I am SO curious! Do you mostly just snack throughout the day? Or do you prepare meals? If you eat all raw foods then you probably don't eat beans or corn right? ... Do you use spices when you prepare your food? Is this a totaly hassle free way to have dinner?... I'm sorry WAY too many questions... but I really am curious about this, it sounds so neat.
#14 Old 06-08-2004, 10:18 PM

Citronella~ hey! yeah, I was really surprised when I found out that there are people that only eat raw food...I thought "man! they're crazy!" and then I turned out to be one! Lol. You wouldn't really don't need a stove, no...unless you make tea or something...(that's the only thing I have that's "cooked"...herbal tea...but even tea I don't have very often at all...maybe once every 1-3 months or something...).

It's actually pretty easy to get through winter by just eating raw foods...everyone thinks that you'd be soooo cold and in the beginning you are, but then your body (or at least, mine has!) gets used to it...and now I'm actually warmer in the winter than the non-raw members of my family, haha!

Usually I snack throughout the day, but it's always different...I just eat whenever I get hungry...mealtime or not :P I love making meals too though...it's always fun when we make raw pizza or something.

Well, you could have bean *sprouts* instead of beans, lol...but I dunno even if they're related? But you can have corn! And I'm going crazy right now cuz I really really want some but I have to wait a little longer until it's in season, otherwise it's....bleck! Yep, we use spices...I LoVe spices! Cinnamon especially! Anyways...Peace and God bless you!!!

Amina
#15 Old 06-10-2004, 12:11 AM

0-10%. Raw food in any amount beyond the size of a celery stick or a cup of lettuce makes me horribly sick.
#16 Old 06-10-2004, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristadb View Post

0-10%. Raw food in any amount beyond the size of a celery stick or a cup of lettuce makes me horribly sick.

Wow, that sucks. Why do you have problems with so many vegetables (I.E. raw foods and absorbing plant based vitamins)?
#17 Old 06-10-2004, 04:55 AM

I'm at about 80-100% raw. The simpler I make things the rawer I eat. The most I like to do in food prep is wash, peel and slice for fresh fruit and veggies, and refrigerator defrost overnight and then blend with water to cover for frozen fruits.

Usually I eat fruit for breakfast, fruit for lunch, and dinner is fruit and salad vegetables.

:0)
#18 Old 06-10-2004, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalafelsRule View Post

Wow, that sucks. Why do you have problems with so many vegetables (I.E. raw foods and absorbing plant based vitamins)?

I can have a small salad most days (like 1 cup greens, few slices of cucumber, a little red onion) and there are some days that I can have a large one, provided I eat very slowly. When I am feeling up to it, I try to go to Olive Garden and have unlimited salad (lol yes, that's all I order) and just chow down. I love salads, but I find them hard to eat way too often for my like.

Oh and heavier raw foods like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots?

That's what I get for not looking after myself when I was growing
#19 Old 06-10-2004, 01:21 PM

It's summer, so mine is shooting up to 60%-70% or more!
#20 Old 07-12-2004, 10:50 AM

i eat about 90% raw, depending on the day. sometimes it's 100%, some days it's 80%. I used to be 100% until i got preggers. then due to morning sickness i couldn't juice or eat greens. so i added cooked food to survive.

then after dd was born the addiction had set back in so it was difficult. she also has a very sensitive tummy, which meant no dark greens, no citrus, no superfoods of any kind, ect. so i had cooked food to suplement. now she can handle me eating greens, but still no superfood. i'm going to try that again in a few months.

i eat two large salads a day, plus two fruit juices/smoothies and one veggie juice. for snacks i eat nut butters, sprouted breads, and organic blue corn chips. at dinner i will sometimes eat some cooked veggies. i am still nursing, so need a lot of food most days. i keep it pretty simple, but we just got a dehydrator, so might play w/ that a bit.

dd is not all raw, as my dh eats cooked foods and animal products. she likes to eat his cooked veggies. but other wise eats a lot of raw.
#21 Old 07-15-2004, 12:50 PM

in volume, probably more than 26-50% but in calories, way less. since it's mostly like lettuce, tomatos, strawberries.
#22 Old 07-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Veggie Regular

I eat some raw, not sure how much, a lot more in the summer when my garden's growing. How do you guys who eat mostly raw get enough calories? I have enough trouble getting enough calories on a vegan diet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page