What did you eat raw and vegan today? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-06-2013, 12:45 PM

7 years ago I began the new venture of raw food eating. I began 100% raw, organic, vegan. (I have been vegan for about 20 years). At this point, I'm about 95% raw and prefer this but it's not always possible and I don't sweat it. I'd be interested in hearing what others' experiences are with the raw diet. Please post recipes,links, pictures or anything that is of interest to you or that would encourage others to continue on this path. Bon Appetit!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-06-2013, 12:56 PM

Today I made the mistake of eating a non-raw, gluten free granola for breakfast. It was delicious while I ate it (included bananas and blueberries and almond milk). But I immediately developed an aftertaste and couldn't stop thinking about my morning ritual green smoothie. There is nothing like a good green smoothie. Here is what I usually include in mine:

blueberries

spinach

wheatgrass powder

green powder

banana

orange

protein powder (either raw or soy)

flax

Kale or chard (sometimes)

Zero (a drink with no calories) or almond milk, or both

or sometimes just water

#3 Old 02-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I love being raw, too!  I prefer 100% most of the time.

Green smoothies are great.  Most of my calories are from sweet fruit and I eat plenty of greens. :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-06-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny79 View Post

I love being raw, too!  I prefer 100% most of the time.
Green smoothies are great.  Most of my calories are from sweet fruit and I eat plenty of greens. smiley.gif

Awesome! I'm getting better at eating the greens but struggle with that. I seem to have less of them spoiling now than before.
#5 Old 02-07-2013, 07:35 AM

my partner was on a juice diet by jason vales for 2 weeks and all he had was raw fruit and vegetable. i like this recipe called super juice  - 1/4 ripe pineapple, 2 apples, 1 celery stick, 1/4 cucumber, 1/2 lime peeled, - all goes in the juicer then mixed in a blender with 1 ripe avocado, 1 tsp spirulina powder, wheatgrass juice, and 1 capsule of friendly bacteria ( powder only ).

AMAZING! :)

#6 Old 06-07-2014, 01:58 AM

I've found raw food bars by (I don't really know if I can tell the company, but they have a website: www.organicfoodbar.com ). Also, Little Bird produces some yummy Organic Raw Vegan snacks. Like museli, macaroons, and crackers. I've found Raw Organic Vegan goji berries with another brand. ...There's a couple of things out there, like nuts, grains, fruit and vegetables that you can get all raw or in raw processed food that preserve rawness. I buy this all at Common Sense Organics. However, I'm nowhere near 95 or even higher or less percent Raw. And I haven't told my dad about any of my raw food or raw food experiments, because I'm not sure whether he'd think it's safe. I did try some really raw grains, and my digestive tract didn't feel so good after a couple spoonfuls, so I ended up having to cook it and eat them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page