Freelee - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

#1 Old 10-19-2012, 08:24 PM

I've been watching her videos and I have a few questions. First some background info, I'm sure most of you have read what I've been going through for the past 2 years. Well freelee has the body of my dreams and the fact that she doesn't restrict amazes me. Even having a BMI of 15.1 I didn't look good. I was skinny, yes, I was definitely skeletal. BUT- my stomach was gross and even now still underweight (slightly I'm much better now) I'm still "skinny fat". So questions

Q: do you honestly think she doesn't restrict at all?

Q: would I have to be 100% completely raw for this to work? For example could I eat one meal cooked and the rest of my day raw? Or would this cause the whole "eat raw and don't restrict you'll still be skinny" flop?

Q: do you think her diet is low in protein?

Q: she has claimed to only jog every other day to obtain her amazing flat stomach? I'm very wary....all those calories and that little exercise?

Q: are gourmet raw foods (because they tend to be high in fat) out of the question on occasion??? Does anyone know any pre packaged gourmet raw foods that aren't too bad?

THANKYOU! I want to get my life in order. I believe this would help me a lot. I want to achieve my dream body while being healthy!
HealthyEatin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-19-2012, 10:37 PM

Developing "perfect" abs is a combination of nutrition, exercise, and genetics.  No matter how hard some people work at it, they will never develop a six pack or a flat stomach.

#3 Old 10-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Veggie Regular

She sAYs so. This could be that she feels full after eating the right amount of calories to maintain her weight. Make sense if she eats a lot of fiber heavy, water full foods...which looks like she does.

Q: would I have to be 100% completely raw for this to work? For example could I eat one meal cooked and the rest of my day raw? Or would this cause the whole "eat raw and don't restrict you'll still be skinny" flop?

Why not just try it out? She recommends having stuff like baked potato and other bland starches like that when starting out.

Yep, but people don't really need as much protein as we think usually. She's not that muscular either. She doesn't seem to do much strength exercises in her routine. Maybe that's why she may not need as much as other athletic types.

Q: she has claimed to only jog every other day to obtain her amazing flat stomach? I'm very wary....all those calories and that little exercise?

Everybody's body is different! I can believe it. Jogging every other day is actually quite a bit. But this is to maintain what she has already. If she was trying to lose weight, I'm sure it would be a different story.

Q: are gourmet raw foods (because they tend to be high in fat) out of the question on occasion??? Does anyone know any pre packaged gourmet raw foods that aren't too bad?

Nope. But Megan Elizabeth has a really good raw dessert book. I have it. sooo goooood.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the blog I write. It's mostly about food. Some healthy. Some junky. All vegan.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-20-2012, 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vMaryv View Post

Why not just try it out? She recommends having stuff like baked potato and other bland starches like that when starting out.

you do realize that if my stomach gets any bigger I will have a mental breakdown and diewink3.gif

in all seriousness I don't want to try it out and have it bite me in the ass I have a size 0 wedding dress and a mexico honeymoon!

#5 Old 10-20-2012, 03:03 AM

Quote:

She sAYs so. This could be that she feels full after eating the right amount of calories to maintain her weight. Make sense if she eats a lot of fiber heavy, water full foods...which looks like she does.

But she said she eats 5,000 CALORIES SOME DAYS haha it's not like shes eating 2000....that's what I don't get. Do other raw people eat this much?

#6 Old 10-20-2012, 03:55 AM

Quote:

Everybody's body is different! I can believe it. Jogging every other day is actually quite a bit. But this is to maintain what she has already. If she was trying to lose weight, I'm sure it would be a different story.

Are you implicating that I need to do more because you're assuming I need to lose weight?

Because I'm underweight......

and offended

#7 Old 10-20-2012, 04:00 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Veganshaveheart, your genes determine your body type. Very few people naturally have the flat stomach and tiny frame that is in fashion now. It is possible that this girl you are talking about (I don't know who she is, but from your description) just was born with that body. Or she's lying and exercises non stop, but who cares, really.

You're getting married in Mexico, the video girl is not!grin.gif Congratulations and enjoy this time of your life! grin.gif:thumbup:
Vegans Go Raw likes this.
#8 Old 10-20-2012, 04:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Why don't you go to the source instead of asking us to speculate about what another person does?

#9 Old 10-20-2012, 04:29 AM

I'm going to, but idk people can just lie, you know? I just came across rawfully kristina :| I looked like that at my sickest. My fiance would kill me if I looked like that again lol

So penny I know you are raw vegan, do you workout a lot?

any words of wisdom you can share?

Do you ever eat non-raw?

for holidays or going out to eat once in a while?

#10 Old 10-20-2012, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

Veganshaveheart, your genes determine your body type. Very few people naturally have the flat stomach and tiny frame that is in fashion now. It is possible that this girl you are talking about (I don't know who she is, but from your description) just was born with that body. Or she's lying and exercises non stop, but who cares, really.
You're getting married in Mexico, the video girl is not!grin.gif Congratulations and enjoy this time of your life! grin.gif:thumbup:

aww youre nicegrin.gif

I am really happy right now I'm about 3lbs away from a 18.6 bmi which is "healthy"

idk how much of bmi I really believe in, but whatever.

I just really hate my stomach and I will never go back to restriction so was going to take this alternative route if it works!

#11 Old 10-20-2012, 04:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganshaveheart View Post

I'm going to, but idk people can just lie, you know? I just came across rawfully kristina :| I looked like that at my sickest. My fiance would kill me if I looked like that again lol

So penny I know you are raw vegan, do you workout a lot?

any words of wisdom you can share?

Do you ever eat non-raw?

for holidays or going out to eat once in a while?

Well, people on here speculating about what Freelee does can lie, too.  :/  So I don't know.  :)

Kristina was even thinner than that prior to going raw; going raw low-fat/high-carb has helped her actually gain weight.  She mentions it in a couple of her videos.  :)

I do work out a lot.  I run, do yoga, various machines at the gym, bike, lift heavy, and also circuit train.  :D

No, I don't eat non-raw.  I have had times where I added cooked foods back in (or tried to) and didn't like how I felt.  :)  If you do eat non-raw, it should be steamed veggies.

I highly doubt Freelee calorie restricts.  I don't have to either as long as I keep the fat at 15% or lower percentage of calories and grain-free.  :)

#12 Old 10-20-2012, 04:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny79 View Post

Well, people on here speculating about what Freelee does can lie, too.  :/  So I don't know.  :)

Kristina was even thinner than that prior to going raw; going raw low-fat/high-carb has helped her actually gain weight.  She mentions it in a couple of her videos.  :)

I do work out a lot.  I run, do yoga, various machines at the gym, bike, lift heavy, and also circuit train.  :D

No, I don't eat non-raw.  I have had times where I added cooked foods back in (or tried to) and didn't like how I felt.  :)  If you do eat non-raw, it should be steamed veggies.

I highly doubt Freelee calorie restricts.  I don't have to either as long as I keep the fat at 15% or lower percentage of calories and grain-free.  :)

Add:  one important thing about the high-carb, low-fat lifestyle is salt-free and soy-sauce-free living.  Salt causes water retention and bloating in most people.  You cannot function at your best when addicted to salt, IMO.

#13 Old 10-20-2012, 05:20 AM

thanks for the info.

I don't train heavily...I want to soon (I need to focus on upper body strength for police academy)

Wow I can't even picture her being any thinner! thats amazing! good for her.

hmmm, that stinks about the fat content because I feel as though all the raw gourmet stuff is high in fat...

do you eat any of it? like brads raw leafy kale? or maybe like raw lasagna? occasional slice of raw vegan cheesecake?

The only issue that I have is winter.

I live off of soup, oatmeal, and coffee.

Minus the coffee soup and oatmeal isnt like the worst cooked foods I could be consuming.

I might try 70% raw at first.

I really like bananas, pomegrantes, pears, peaches,and watermelon (OOS right? huh.gif)

I guess you'd have to keep avocados at a minimum.

I'm going to the store monday maybe (Im busy till then) to purchaSE 80/10/10

But I would like to kick off the 70% raw today. For breakfast I had oatmeal and coffee....loldizzy2.gif

#14 Old 10-20-2012, 05:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Cool!  Good luck!!!  :) 

Yeah, occasional desserts that are gourmet aren't a big deal.  The gourmet entrees are not only high in fat but usually high in salt.  Spices make **** stink, so I don't really like the kale chips.  I'd eat them in a pinch.  Or a Raw Revolution bar in a pinch.  Usually you can find fresh fruit anywhere or bring it with, which is nice.  :)

#15 Old 10-20-2012, 05:27 AM

Well now that I work at wholefoods I feel as though it will make this raw journey a lot easier!

thanks again!

#16 Old 10-20-2012, 07:09 AM

I <3 freelee lol
#17 Old 10-20-2012, 07:56 AM

Veganshaveheart, I'm a high raw vegan eating a diet similar to Freelee (and Penny!) I feel best eating around 3500 - 4000 calories per day, more if I plan on being very active the next day. I went from being underweight to a perfect weight on this diet and I have felt amazing the whole time. I personally eat a little cooked food as I live in Eastern Europe and have a tight budget. I tghink 100% raw is best if you can do it, but don't worry if you neeed to eat some high carb low fat cooked food, it's not the end of the world. 70% raw is awesomesmiley.gif Penny's advice about salt is spot on BTW!

One thing to bear in mind, is that if you have been very underweight, your body will possibly store a little fat at first, but this is temporary. All the long term fruit eaters are slim. I'm really not trying to put you off, it's just that I saw you had a BMI of 15 at one point in the past, you might gain some weight initially. Don't worry about weight on this diet, you will be slim and vibrant in time, but there might be a period of adjustment.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear of someone else giving it a shot. It saved my life, quite literally. Go for it!

Hi-carb, lo-fat, hi-raw Vegan - Look me up on YouTube!

#18 Old 10-20-2012, 07:45 PM

What would you recommend for someone who works out about 3-5 times a week cardio? I'm a female(obvs) lol, 5'6", and 20 years old.
I stacked up on goodies today
-Dino kale
-romaine
-watermelon
-broccoli
-carrots/
-cauliflower
-bananas
-tomatoes
-2momsintheraw bars
-brads raw Indian chips

I don't like nuts or seeds really....I do enjoy nut butters. After I'm finished my peanut butter I will invest in raw nut butter. For now ill use nonraw peanutbutter, bars, and the kale chips as a fat source.....
#19 Old 10-22-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:

What would you recommend for someone who works out about 3-5 times a week cardio? I'm a female(obvs) lol, 5'6", and 20 years old.
I stacked up on goodies today
-Dino kale
-romaine
-watermelon
-broccoli
-carrots/
-cauliflower
-bananas
-tomatoes
-2momsintheraw bars
-brads raw Indian chips
I don't like nuts or seeds really....I do enjoy nut butters. After I'm finished my peanut butter I will invest in raw nut butter. For now ill use nonraw peanutbutter, bars, and the kale chips as a fat source.....

I'd say shoot for 2500 calories per day and see how you feel from there. If you are feeling like you are running out of energy, having trouble sleeping, poor mood etc, up the calories. Cronometer.com is a good place to track your calories till you get used to eating enough. The veggies you mention (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower) I'd definitely eat them steamed as opposed to raw. Stuff like that raw will hold up your digestion and cause problems with the fruit. Definitely go easy on the nut butter too. If you find yourself craving it, you didn't eat enough fruit. Personally I find avocado to be the best (best digesting) fat source, but try out what works for you ;-D

Hi-carb, lo-fat, hi-raw Vegan - Look me up on YouTube!

#20 Old 10-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Are you implicating that I need to do more because you're assuming I need to lose weight?

Because I'm underweight......

and offended

Nope not implicating. I said "Everybody's body is different! I can believe it. Jogging every other day is actually quite a bit. But this is to maintain what she has already. If she was trying to lose weight, I'm sure it would be a different story.."

Talking about Freelea's diet. not yours. o.O

So please. Don't be offended. Not talking about YOU. Just trying to helpfully answer your question. And I don't think she would be offended if she saw my post either.  BTW, ten years ago, I used to eat 4000+cal of garbage (mcdonalds, etc etc) on a daily basis for about 2 years. Worked at McDonalds. Didnt gain more than 5 lbs during that time. Didnt really exercise. Now, if I go over 2000 I will easily gain weight. So I guess my metabolism changed over time too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the blog I write. It's mostly about food. Some healthy. Some junky. All vegan.

#21 Old 10-23-2012, 06:18 AM

obviously people's metabolisms decrease as they age, but I never hear of the opposite.

#22 Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieFruitbat View Post

I'd say shoot for 2500 calories per day and see how you feel from there. If you are feeling like you are running out of energy, having trouble sleeping, poor mood etc, up the calories. Cronometer.com is a good place to track your calories till you get used to eating enough. The veggies you mention (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower) I'd definitely eat them steamed as opposed to raw. Stuff like that raw will hold up your digestion and cause problems with the fruit. Definitely go easy on the nut butter too. If you find yourself craving it, you didn't eat enough fruit. Personally I find avocado to be the best (best digesting) fat source, but try out what works for you ;-D

oh yeah I forgot about avocados! sooo gooddddd.

I like broccoli and cauliflower raw more than steamed for some reason I am not sure why...maybe it is the crunch factor?

#23 Old 01-07-2013, 01:39 PM

This might help you with your raw food adventure....

TIP#1- Get rid of all processed foods in refrigerator and pantry!

Don't let those sugary donuts get the best of you! Having tempting junk food around only makes it harder

for you to be a success with raw live foods. If you don't have it around, you can't grab it out of convenience.

TIP#2- Stock your shelves with only ripe and ready fruit...overload fridge with green leafy veggies!

Make your fruits and veggies the best option to reach for when your cravings hit.

Have enough ripe fruit so you always have enough to satiate yourself without waiting and choosing the wrong thing.

TIP#3- Shop for variety and organic!

In order to love eating fruits and veggies they have to taste good, so consider buying organic produce.

The soil has more nutrient content and is a lot more dense with flavor and without chemicals.

Also, try to  keep a variety of colorful produce so you don't get bored of the same ole stuff.

TIP#4- Always prepare meals at home even when you pack lunches for work or school.

Another downfall could be being tempted to hit the snack machine or a drive through.

TIP#5- Get rid of your hungry monkeys!

Never go hungry, and never leave home hungry. It is never ok to restrict your calories or skip meals.

This only leads to binging on unhealthy addictive junk that keeps you in a vicious cycle.

#24 Old 02-06-2013, 12:28 PM

Hi there!!

One thing that's helpful for me is to spend a couple hours (or whatever it takes) to prepare foods for the next few days or the week  so they are easily grabbed for a snack or to throw together a meal. Such as: chop vegetables for a salad (or actually make a huge salad), make dressing, slice carrots, peppers, wash kale or any greens, wash apples, prepare small baggies or containers of raw snacks to take on the go. This is a little time consuming at one time but saves much time later and eliminates the temptation to grab unhealthy options.

After a time, the raw food diet becomes a part of you. Later, when you eat cooked food, you will wish you had eaten raw because its tastes so much better and healthier as well as making you feel better. When I eat non-raw, I just don't feel as well. Like this morning, I ate some gluten free delicious granola. Now, I have an aftertaste and keep thinking of my green smoothie which is my normal morning ritual. I may have one right now just so I can quit thinking about it!

You probably know this already but just to mention, you may go through detox for awhile and it can raise its head in many forms: fatique, headaches, flu symptoms, moodiness. This will pass. That's one reason why eating processed or cooked food later will cause the body to not feel well. Plus the cooked food has no enzymes so your body will use metabolic enzymes for digestion and cause the fatigue, run down feelings.

God bless you on your raw journey!! hungry.gif

Laurie

#25 Old 02-06-2013, 12:39 PM

Oh, btw, I just ordered the Beach Body Brazil Butt dvd series. After reading all the reviews, etc., I understand it's great for an apple shape which I'm assuming you are since you say you have a BMI of 15 but you don't like your stomach because if it gets any bigger you will die. :) I would give anything to have your problem. I'm out of shape all over. All of us have problem areas and you are a beautiful young woman so don't focus on your stomach so much. I know it's easier said than done but if your fiance loves you, he loves you for who you are. He's not expecting perfection. We are way too hard on ourselves. 

You may want to check out the dvd series though and maybe that would help work out the ab area. Just a thought. Since you are going raw that will help ALOT.

Wheat is a real problem with the abs so I would suggest very strongly to eliminate all wheat.

#26 Old 06-19-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vMaryv View Post

Yep, but people don't really need as much protein as we think usually. She's not that muscular either. She doesn't seem to do much strength exercises in her routine. Maybe that's why she may not need as much as other athletic types.

Nope. But Megan Elizabeth has a really good raw dessert book. I have it. sooo goooood.
She has said that she is not raw. She eats cooked dinners usually, steamed veggies or corn pasta, etc.
#27 Old 06-19-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganshaveheart View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by vMaryv 

But she said she eats 5,000 CALORIES SOME DAYS haha it's not like shes eating 2000....that's what I don't get. Do other raw people eat this much?

I've never watched those videos... I am under the impression that Freelee is a fruit-atrian not a vegan..
One banana has 100 calories & I saw something about them advocating eating 20+ banana's a day.. thats your DV in calories from bananas alone.. Their diet is high in sugar ....
Running/Jogging is the best way to get a firm stomach and abs, you tone everything at once......!
You should deff. try jogging/running if you don't already it feels great too and it really does tone up everything especially your core I live in FL lots of joggers here and they have the hottest abs & all they do is jog!
#28 Old 06-19-2014, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineLove View Post
I've never watched those videos... I am under the impression that Freelee is a fruit-atrian not a vegan..
One banana has 100 calories & I saw something about them advocating eating 20+ banana's a day.. thats your DV in calories from bananas alone.. Their diet is high in sugar ....
Running/Jogging is the best way to get a firm stomach and abs, you tone everything at once......!
You should deff. try jogging/running if you don't already it feels great too and it really does tone up everything especially your core I live in FL lots of joggers here and they have the hottest abs & all they do is jog!
She is vegan, she eats some cooked food and is in it for animal rights too and makes sure all the products she uses are cruelty free.

And I have watched videos where she shows what she eats in a day, she definitely doesn't restrict her calories she just eats healthy and exercises. I know she runs and bikes and that helps with muscle tone a lot.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#29 Old 06-19-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
She is vegan, she eats some cooked food and is in it for animal rights too and makes sure all the products she uses are cruelty free.

And I have watched videos where she shows what she eats in a day, she definitely doesn't restrict her calories she just eats healthy and exercises. I know she runs and bikes and that helps with muscle tone a lot.
Very interesting I have never sat through a video of hers maybe I should
#30 Old 06-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineLove View Post
Very interesting I have never sat through a video of hers maybe I should
I enjoy them, some people don't like her style because she can be a bit blunt and abrasive when it comes to telling the truth but I'm the same way so it works for me. I like the no bull**** approach.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page