raw foods for baby? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-18-2004, 12:55 AM

I was curious what opinions are on feeding a baby that has not been introduced to foods yet? do you recommend raw foods? most information about feeding babies seems to tell you to cook the life right out of the food, I want to do what is best for my baby. So what do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-25-2004, 03:09 PM

I don't have a baby (I'm pregnant) but you should check out

http://pub17.ezboard.com/brawmamas - a community with raw parents..

http://www.thegardendiet.com/ - their children are all raw (the 3rd from birth and a 4th on the way) - I found the Raising Raw Vegan Children ebook to be awesome if you have a couple extra bucks..

Also there's a yahoo group called rawfoodbabies

I was hoping that someone more knowledgeable would answer you but I guess we'll have to learn together! I really do believe it's the best way to raise kids.

Melissa
#3 Old 04-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Beginner

raw foods for a baby might not be the best idea...... you might want to hold of on a raw diet until thier eating solid foods becuase its somtimes hard for under ones to digest raw foods as well as we do. id saay riase tehm as vegans till 1 and raw foodist afterwords
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Beginner

however if u do want to intro ur underone to raw foods you might want to "start by cooking half the time(or heat) that the book says" once their one a raw diet wouldnt be much of a change to thier system
#5 Old 04-28-2004, 02:29 PM

I just ordered a new juicer, solo star, and I was wondering if I should consider giving her any juice from it, she is 7 months old and we are eating cooked veggies, raw bananas, cooked apples, etc. She is doing great so far. Once I started her on the real food, she is not much interested in the cereal any more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page