Raw food suggestions for an afternoon in the park.. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I am vegetarian and am attending my first raw food vegan event tomorrow - a casual catch up at Safa Park in Dubai.

Each person is to bring a raw vegan plate to share. I'd love some suggestions on what I could take other than ripe fruit or a vegetable plate.

Thanks in Advance.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Veggie Regular

As some people who eat raw food eat cleaner than others, I'd err on the side of caution and something almost everyone can enjoy (a salt and oil and nut & gluten free dish) like spinach with avocado and grapefruit with cilantro. Wonderful combo. No dressing needed.
#3 Old 04-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Penny that sounds like a great combination. I made a blended up a dip using 2 yellow squash, tahini, garlic, sea salt, agave necter, and olive oil. I cut up carrots and celery on the side to dip with.

"With confidence, you have won before you have started" - Marcus Garvey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Pinkwolf, that sounds delicious! I'd totally eat that.

However, if you're trying to be more inclusive of different types of raw diet, something along the lines Penny mentioned will get more people. A lot of high-fruit, low-fat raw foodists don't eat much in the way of nuts, oils, or "spices" (by which I mean, not only spices, but miso, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, salt, etc). So those people, as well as all other raw foodists, would be able to eat something based on fresh fruits and veggies. A really big salad, fruit soup, etc would be great.
#5 Old 05-21-2010, 05:15 AM

How did that meeting go? Is it the meet-up vegan group?
#6 Old 05-22-2010, 04:50 PM

Wow, that sounds delicious pinkwolf!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page