Questions! About a part raw diet. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-01-2010, 09:51 AM
C.J

Hi

I'm pretty new to this forum, and also newly vegetarian. I went vegetarian primarily for the animals, of course, but some of it was also for my own personal health. I've lived pretty unhealthy since I was a small kid, but after getting a bit into my teen years, I started caring more about my health. A couple of months ago I dropped 15 pounds, then 10 more after going vegetarian in the start of january. So, I feel great about my body now, however, I'd like to make more changes to my diet so it isn't just about cutting out junk, but also about eating what's really right for my body. So I found my way to raw, living food. And I'm pretty curious

There's a small problem, though. I live at home, and whily my dear mother has been very understanding of me becoming a vegetarian, I don't wish to trouble her too much the last few months before I move away from home. So I was thinking.. Since I already eat breakfast and lunch out, it would be a lot easier to change those two meals and make them raw. But my question is, would two raw meals a day yield any major health benefits, or do I have to go "all the way" to get results from my diet? I don't seek to loose weight, and I will of course be monitoring my calories to make sure I get enough, I'd just like to get more energy and feel better.

Thanks for taking time to read my rather long post, and thanks for any answers you can give
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Beginner

Hi C.J.,

Problem? What problem? C.J. you no worries. Eat what you can raw. You are going to make two meals raw from the start? Great for you. Excellent. is that gonna yield any major benefits? mmmm 2 less meals without any added toxins, preservatives, pesticide, fungacides, and herbicides. Yea, I see major benefits here.

Besides most folks benefit more by starting off slowly rather than just trying to transition overnight. You are gonna do great. Raw food is not an all or nothing mentality. Having a viewpoint of all or nothing is dangerous. That can lead to giving up on eating healthy altogether or lead to not listening to your body. You do what you can and build from there.

Plus I see where you are newly vegetarian. Great for you. Experiment with all facets of healthy eating..vegetarian, vegan, fruitarian and raw food.

Hope that helps
#3 Old 03-01-2010, 11:27 AM
C.J

Thank you very much for your reply kencraw I'll definatly give it a try, starting tomorrow with breakfast and then see how my body reacts these next few weeks

Yes, I'll have to experiment a bit. There's so much to try and do out there, I gotta get started already
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Great job!!! You can also eat a salad (use no dressing and no salt for the most benefits) with your dinner. Make sure you eat enough fruit calories as well. And if you want to do all raw, that's great as well. It's not dangerous.
#5 Old 03-01-2010, 11:37 AM
C.J

Thank you for the answer penny79 I do almost always eat raw vegetables with my dinner, since my mum happens to like it too, but I think I'll keep dinner cooked, at least until I have to cook and shop groceries myself
#6 Old 03-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Veggie Regular

im slowly incorporating more raw into my diet as well. right now im eating 50% raw. doesnt seem like much, but it really is a big change from the way i was eating before, which was mostly cooked and maybe an apple during the day, and a small salad with dinner. even with the small change, ive seen benefits. it's been 2 weeks since i started making the effort. my digestion has really improved. no bloating or heavy i-just-ate-a-brick feelings. my weight hasnt really changed, but thats prob bc im still eating 50% cooked, and there is still gluten in my diet. i think that there are definite benefits to any amount of raw food you add into your diet. i would like to see the major changes with raw, such as glowing skin and healthy weight loss, but for now the improved digestion and lighter feeling in my tummy is enough. it's evidence that more raw means better health, and it will be motivation to continue transitioning in the future when i feel ready.

goodluck to you!
#7 Old 03-02-2010, 09:10 AM
C.J

Good luck to you aswell

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page