Hunger - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Veggie Regular

I've noticed that when I make proper smoothies for breakfast (which I'll drink between 8 and 9-ish), I won't start getting hungry until around 11 or 12. I eat lunch at 1, so that's fine. But after lunch (which I try to do a large salad, some fruit, maybe a couple nuts or seeds, enough for me to be full), I'm so hungry again in 3 hours I feel like I didn't eat at all, and I get a headache, feel week, etc.

I'm working on eating more raw, but my body doesn't seem to appreciate it thus far, unless it's in liquid form! Most of the time, I don't really have a chance to snack. Sometimes, yes, but not usually. And quite often I end up staying at work late, so by the time I leave I'm so hungry I can't go to the gym. So I go home to eat, therefore not exercising... ad infinitum.

The only solution I can really think of is more filling foods (which I already asked about, but so far not too much luck with the suggestions working, but still trying!), or literally bringing my breakfast, lunch, dinner, and multiple snacks with me to work every day. And that's not going to happen.

If my question even makes sense, has anybody else had this problem? What did you do to fix it? Why am I so insanely hungry in such a short time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-23-2010, 05:29 AM
Beginner

From what I have read, this is pretty common during transitioning and will go away eventually. Sorry I don't have any information to help you now. Since the smoothies seem to fill you up, maybe you could bring one to work to have in the afternoon?

I haven't had this problem but am very new to raw, and have not had any days that were 100%. I did go through something like this when I went vegan though, I felt like I was eating so much food all the time. It lasted around two weeks then went away.
#3 Old 02-23-2010, 08:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I have started taking a bag of bananas everywhere with me - it does the trick for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I think part of the problem was not enough calories.

I'll try to snack on more fruit, but do you find fruit digests too fast? If I eat a banana, I'm hungry again in about 15 minutes! Maybe a banana with nut butter would be better, but I doubt I can do that at work - and most days I can't snack anyway... But I'll give it a try!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page