Trying it - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-15-2010, 04:41 AM
Beginner

I am going to encorporate one day of raw (at least) per week. I have some stand by recipes.Any suggestions-not so much recipes but tips for making it stick??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgirl22 View Post

I am going to encorporate one day of raw (at least) per week. I have some stand by recipes.Any suggestions-not so much recipes but tips for making it stick??

I would be interested in undertaking a challenge like this as well. I am not looking to shift to a primarily raw diet, personally, but I would like to do it one or two days a week. The issue is, it seems to involve a lot of sprouting and dehydrating and stuff I just flat-out know I am not going to commit to doing. So in the interest of not living off smoothies and salads, I will keep an eye on this thread and see what sort of challenge I am up for.
#3 Old 01-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Beginner

Variation with lots of fruit. And don't beat yourself up over "making it stick". Enjoy it and it will stick. My wife and I started 95% raw at the firts of the year. No dehydrating and no fancy recipes. Just simple raw fruits and veggies. We began with a little off, not incorporating enough fruit at first. Fortunatley though we had very few side effects. A minor headache here and there which were quickly done away with after eating an apple or a banana. The key thing other than eating a lot of fruit is to enjoy what happens to your body. I had heart papilpitations daily. Not bad but it is something I have had for the last twenty years. High blood pressure too. Even after becoming vegetarian a couple of years ago. This week I noticed that the papilpations were not there. None. I haven't checked my blood pressure yet but I know I have not "felt" it go high as I have in the past.

Starting slow as you are doing is great. Incorporate the fruits and veggies. Learn to make green smoothies. Experiment with new fruits you haven't tried before. Have fun with it. We haven't done the sprouting yet, but we will probably start incorporating that into our diet soon.

Perhaps Penny will see this thread and offer some advice as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page