Raw Food Restaurant in Oklahoma - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-29-2009, 07:08 PM

Hello Folks,

This is unheard of in our cow state. Tulsa actually now has a raw vegan place to dine. Pure Raw Cafe has opened on 41st and Harvard in Tulsa, OK. It is run by Cynthia Beavers, who moved her raw business from Dallas to our fine state. My wife and I have been there twice and were so blown away that we are having her cater our Christmas party. Yes, I know Tulsa is off the map for most of you, but she does ship all over the US and has quiet a loyal national following. We were especially enamored with the "Mexico City Tacos" and manacotti.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Veggie Regular

That's probably good for every once in a while but very poor combining and high fat for most raw restaurants, sadly.
#3 Old 12-07-2009, 05:11 AM
Veggie Regular

When did that open? We just had one open up here in Oklahoma City a few months back. http://105degrees.com/thecafe/ I've never been there because I can't afford to eat out, but I've heard really good things about their food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-10-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMZdogs View Post

When did that open? We just had one open up here in Oklahoma City a few months back. http://105degrees.com/thecafe/ I've never been there because I can't afford to eat out, but I've heard really good things about their food.

Yea, I went to this place awhile back. I thought it was really good. I feel kind of bad that I've only been there once since it opened. I hope they're doing okay business-wise.
#5 Old 12-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Veggie Regular

I hadn't heard about the one in Tulsa. I've not been to 105 degrees yet either but I've heard it's really good.

I also have discovered 2 members from OK that I didn't realize were Oklahomans in this thread. So, hi guys!

And to you too DMZ
#6 Old 12-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Veggie Regular

I hadn't heard about the one in Tulsa. I've not been to 105 degrees yet either but I've heard it's really good.

I also have discovered 2 members from OK that I didn't realize were Oklahomans in this thread. So, hi guys!

And to you too DMZ
#7 Old 12-10-2009, 08:08 PM

Cool!

I'm confused, though... the website is set up as if this is strictly an order-to-go or -to-be-shipped place, but the 41st & Harvard location is indeed dine-in too?
#8 Old 12-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagey View Post

Cool!

I'm confused, though... the website is set up as if this is strictly an order-to-go or -to-be-shipped place, but the 41st & Harvard location is indeed dine-in too?

there's a separate link to the Tulsa restaurant on the main page.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#9 Old 12-10-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

there's a separate link to the Tulsa restaurant on the main page.

How weird... I think the problem was I was viewing the website on my desktop computer which needs a browser upgrade or something. I'm on our new computer right now and I can see the link you're referring to. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page