The Couch Potato's Guide to Television Viewing - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Veggie Regular

My favorite new TV series of the just finished season> The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency which is a joint production of BBC and HBO and has aired on both networks. It's the first series I've seen that's not only set in Africa (Botswana), but entirely filmed there, and I love it because it's about real people, not stereotypes. My favorite episode so far is "The Boy with the African Heart". It's really sweet. It's not out on home video yet, but I recommend it, so watch for the DVD's!

*this space not for sale*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Veggie Regular

That show sounds interesting.

Let's see, I am enjoying Weeds and the new Nurse Jackie show on Showtime right now.

One of my all time faves is Escape to Chimp Eden on Animal Planet but the finale just aired for the season I believe. Chimps are just so darn cute and they are such clowns, they crack me up.
#3 Old 06-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Right now I'm watching the new seasons of The Next Food Network Star, Top Chef Masters, and Kathy Griffin My Life On The D List. I'm also trying to find Freaks and Geeks cheap on dvd so I can rewatch the series. I miss that show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-15-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinegal View Post

That show sounds interesting.

Let's see, I am enjoying Weeds and the new Nurse Jackie show on Showtime right now.

One of my all time faves is Escape to Chimp Eden on Animal Planet but the finale just aired for the season I believe. Chimps are just so darn cute and they are such clowns, they crack me up.

I like Nurse Jackie too....Used to watch Weeds but havent lately.

Recently I just started watching Reba...its a great show and I am almost done with season 1.

I loved the Show Dharma and Greg and have just finished rewatching season 1.

I bought my Fiancee seasons 1 of Malcom in the middle and Mash...neither is my fave.

I Love The Sopranos and Sex in the city have watched these seasons a ton.

Peace LOve and Hippiness
#5 Old 06-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Veggie Regular

My new favorite show is True Blood. Totally hooked, and I'm dying to read the Southern Vampire Mysteries series now.

The first episode of the second season was great!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm so glad Lafayette is still alive! I was sure that Maryann had him trapped though, didn't think about Eric. Then again I was also convinced that Maryann was a werewolf or something from the moment I saw her.. now I'm not sure what she is.

I thought it was hilarious when Bill was explaining to Jessica how they 'recyle in this house'.

Showtime has the entirety of the first and second seasons of Dexter on On Demand again, and the third is set to go up 7/1, apparently running until 11/10. I'm rewatching it all again in preparation of the 4th season in the fall. My fiance is really into these two shows as well, along with Big Love. He probably never would have watched them otherwise, but he's hooked right along with me when I put them on. Which is funny because he gets into ANTM and One Tree Hill as well.. he especially hates that about ANTM.
#6 Old 06-18-2009, 06:38 AM
Veggie Regular

I just finished watching the first season of U.S. of Tara on Showtime On Demand. This is a GREAT show!! It's only a half hour show but I really like it!! Can't wait for the second season to come out!!

We started watching the first season of Dexter last night since they have the first and second On Demand. I'm already getting into it!

I've seen the first two seasons of Weeds but am going to start watching the 3rd season as soon as Jen catches up!!

I started Tivo'ing Obsessed on A&E and it's REALLY good. My BF's niece has OCD. The show documents people with OCD and shows them going through a 6 week intensive therapy program. It's really good.

....Yes, I know. I watch a lot of T.V. Whateva!!
#7 Old 06-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Veggie Regular

On my list at the moment is,

Big Brother UK - another bunch of numpty's and the occasional normal person for me to laugh at for 3 months. Good stuff.

Breaking Bad S2

Celeb Rehab 2/Sober House - I work in drug counselling/rehab and I find this show to be very compelling for all the wrong reasons. It's got to be the most irresponsible and stupid show I've ever seen on drug rehab. I wouldn't be surprised if none of the participants stayed on the wagon.

Outnumbered - comedy about parenting/family life. Worth watching just for the brilliant kids in it.

m8itcanw8.com
#8 Old 06-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickle00 View Post

I started Tivo'ing Obsessed on A&E and it's REALLY good. My BF's niece has OCD. The show documents people with OCD and shows them going through a 6 week intensive therapy program. It's really good.

That show is so good but very hard to watch at times. It's pretty intense but I like how they use CBT and help the people work through their issues instead of just prescribing meds. It's very interesting to see the transformations at the end. I also like how they put it on right after Intervention which is also a great show.

I've been addicted to The Fashion Show on Bravo although its a cheap rip off of Project Runway and not nearly as good.
#9 Old 06-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Tonight I am going to finish up the 3rd disc in the first season of Pushing Daisies. Such a shame that this show was canceled.
#10 Old 06-19-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:

I just finished watching the first season of U.S. of Tara on Showtime On Demand. This is a GREAT show!! It's only a half hour show but I really like it!! Can't wait for the second season to come out!!

We started watching the first season of Dexter last night since they have the first and second On Demand. I'm already getting into it!

I've seen the first two seasons of Weeds but am going to start watching the 3rd season as soon as Jen catches up!!

I watch Obsessed too....its a good show....and I also like Intervention.
#11 Old 06-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm watching season 1 of Dexter and I'm lovin' it so far!!
#12 Old 06-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I'm watching season 1 of Dexter and I'm lovin' it so far!!

I need to watch this, my fiance has watched both seasons and is waiting for 3 to start in August, I need to catch up!

I watched the first episode of Dead Like Me last night and it is awesome! Humorous, dark and interesting. Can't wait to watch more! I love that I can watch my Netflix Instant queue on our TV because of the XBOX 360. So handy.
#13 Old 06-23-2009, 08:27 AM
Beginner

Quote:

I gotta hurry up and watch the rest of United States of Tara so we can discuss! LOL.

And I'm going to finish season 1 of weeds tonight so i can finally move on to season 2

I'm LOVING weeds, its very entertaining and original.

my other favorite shows are Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice and Biggest Loser.
#14 Old 06-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem09 View Post

I gotta hurry up and watch the rest of United States of Tara so we can discuss! LOL.

And I'm going to finish season 1 of weeds tonight so i can finally move on to season 2

I'm LOVING weeds, its very entertaining and original.

my other favorite shows are Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice and Biggest Loser.

Love, love, LOVE Grey's!!! George is definitely off the show but Izzy is coming back!! She resigned another contract

I, of course, LOVE The Biggest Loser too. I was really dissapointed that Helen won though. I was behind Tara and/or Mike but I didn't like Ron (Mike's dad) AT ALL. My all time favorite team was Brit and Bern Dog from season 6 (I think). They still hang out and I just thought they both did WONDERFUL!! They were SUCH an inspiration!! Tara reminded me a lot of Brit but it goes to show how everyone's body reacts differently. Britney worked her BUTT OFF but for some reason she had a hard time dropping weight. I love that show!!
#15 Old 06-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Does anyone watch House or Gossip Girl?? I love those too!!
#16 Old 06-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Love, love, LOVE Grey's!!! George is definitely off the show but Izzy is coming back!! She resigned another contract

I, of course, LOVE The Biggest Loser too. I was really dissapointed that Helen won though. I was behind Tara and/or Mike but I didn't like Ron (Mike's dad) AT ALL. My all time favorite team was Brit and Bern Dog from season 6 (I think). They still hang out and I just thought they both did WONDERFUL!! They were SUCH an inspiration!! Tara reminded me a lot of Brit but it goes to show how everyone's body reacts differently. Britney worked her BUTT OFF but for some reason she had a hard time dropping weight. I love that show!!

ohhh I wanted Tara to win too! She deserved it!

I also couldn't stand Ron. He was just this evil man behind the scenes. LOL
#17 Old 06-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

ohhh I wanted Tara to win too! She deserved it!

I also couldn't stand Ron. He was just this evil man behind the scenes. LOL

I know he was SUCH a liar and a manipulator and Helen sent her freaking daughter home!! She always kind of annoyed me anyways but when she sent her daughter home that was it for me. I think she looked WAY too skinny too.
#18 Old 06-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Beginner

ya I was really rooting for Mike and Tara. I loved them both. I've watched all the biggest loser seasons except the first one and I gotta say this was my favorite season by far. I"m really looking forward to this new season coming up!!

I'm sad george is going to leave greys but i'm SO glad izzy is staying! love izzy
#19 Old 06-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

ya I was really rooting for Mike and Tara. I loved them both. I've watched all the biggest loser seasons except the first one and I gotta say this was my favorite season by far. I"m really looking forward to this new season coming up!!

I'm sad george is going to leave greys but i'm SO glad izzy is staying! love izzy

Me too!! The show just wouldn't be the same without her. They've been weaning George off the show for a while now so I wasn't surprised about that. He's going back to Broadway!!
#20 Old 06-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I know he was SUCH a liar and a manipulator and Helen sent her freaking daughter home!! She always kind of annoyed me anyways but when she sent her daughter home that was it for me. I think she looked WAY too skinny too.

LOL you are right! When my fiance and I saw her we wanted to feed her. She looked kind of skeletal.
#21 Old 06-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I watched the first episode of Dead Like Me last night and it is awesome! Humorous, dark and interesting. Can't wait to watch more!

Dead Like Me was a great show. They made a movie last year to "wrap things up" but they used another actress to play Daisy so that was weird.
#22 Old 06-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Me too!! The show just wouldn't be the same without her. They've been weaning George off the show for a while now so I wasn't surprised about that. He's going back to Broadway!!

are you a perezhilton.com reader too? LOL
#23 Old 06-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Dead Like Me was a great show. They made a movie last year to "wrap things up" but they used another actress to play Daisy so that was weird.

boo! I figure I will take my time with the seasons since there aren't any new ones coming out. Sucks that all of these good shows are getting canceled!
#24 Old 06-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

are you a perezhilton.com reader too? LOL

Guilty!! Typically, I tend to read people that are a bit nicer than he but I can't help it. I'm addicted. He's one of my guilty pleasures....his site and The Hills Did you read about him getting beat up by the Black Eyed Peas manager??
#25 Old 06-24-2009, 09:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Did any of you ever see The Book Of Daniel? It was REALLY good but was only on for one season. It was about a vicodin popping priest that had a pretty (in the eyes of the religous) "dysfunctional" family. I can't stand when I get hooked on a show and they cancel it.

Ooh...what about Arrested Development? Did anyone use to watch that one?
#26 Old 06-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I tried watching Arrested Development. I tried LIKING Arrested Development. I really did. I really tried. But I only got through the first three or four episodes before I bailed. I just didn't get it.

*this space not for sale*
#27 Old 06-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Beginner

Quote:

Guilty!! Typically, I tend to read people that are a bit nicer than he but I can't help it. I'm addicted. He's one of my guilty pleasures....his site and The Hills Did you read about him getting beat up by the Black Eyed Peas manager??

LOL from a fellow PH.com reader It's my guilty pleasure too. Yes i did hear about that! crazyness! he wrote a "statement" today on his site.
#28 Old 06-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I tried watching Arrested Development. I tried LIKING Arrested Development. I really did. I really tried. But I only got through the first three or four episodes before I bailed. I just didn't get it.

I also tried liking this show. I can't stand it!
#29 Old 06-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Ooh...what about Arrested Development? Did anyone use to watch that one?

Makes my list of top 5 sitcoms of all time.
#30 Old 06-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Another one here who tried liking Arrested Development but just couldn't get into it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page