The Couch Potato's Guide to Television Viewing - Page 31 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#901 Old 04-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Move of Ten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,157
Anyone seen the original (UK) Shameless? I'm curious how closely this one follows it. All I know is the first episode is almost exactly the same...but that was true of The Office too.
Move of Ten is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#902 Old 04-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Amy SF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 20,217
For those wondering what the scorecard is for the 2011-2012 US television season, here's one site that has some info:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/guide/...son-scorecard/

Since it's April, the fate of many shows is still uncertain, although if you trust your gut feeling on anything, you can probably guess. This site has Once Upon A Time as yet to be renewed for another season, but it's popular enough that it's likely to win that particular lottery.

I'm surprised that Law&Order: Los Angeles is gone since I was under the impression that it was well received by viewers when it first aired, but there probably weren't enough of them to keep the show on the air.

*this space not for sale*
Amy SF is offline  
#903 Old 04-19-2012, 04:45 AM
Veggie Regular
 
fadeaway1289's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

I <3 Shameless

Isn't it great? I haven't been able to see the second season yet, but I'm hearing that it's crazier than the first. I hope it comes out on dvd soon so I can see for myself what all the drama is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

Anyone seen the original (UK) Shameless? I'm curious how closely this one follows it. All I know is the first episode is almost exactly the same...but that was true of The Office too.

I'd be interested in knowing that also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

For those wondering what the scorecard is for the 2011-2012 US television season, here's one site that has some info:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/guide/...son-scorecard/

Since it's April, the fate of many shows is still uncertain, although if you trust your gut feeling on anything, you can probably guess. This site has Once Upon A Time as yet to be renewed for another season, but it's popular enough that it's likely to win that particular lottery.

I'm surprised that Law&Order: Los Angeles is gone since I was under the impression that it was well received by viewers when it first aired, but there probably weren't enough of them to keep the show on the air.

I'm pretty happy with that list of cancelled shows. House should be put to rest along with Desperate Housewives. I am also thrilled that Tim Allen's Man Up show got the axe. That show was horrible, disgusting, and offensive.

The Simpsons and How I Met Your Mother need to end also. I can't believe they have been renewed.

It's interesting that Fox is bringing back In Living Color! I loved that show back in the day. Plus it helped kick off my star's careers like Jim Carrey and J-Lo.

I would also like to know the fate of Supernatural. So far it's still up in the air , but I think they have lost a lot of viewers after this past season.
fadeaway1289 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#904 Old 04-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Limes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cowtown
Posts: 1,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

The Simpsons and How I Met Your Mother need to end also. I can't believe they have been renewed.

Never!
Limes is offline  
#905 Old 04-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Veggie Regular
 
fadeaway1289's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limes View Post

Never!

It's the neverending show!!! I started watching it when I was in 7th grade. I feel so old!
fadeaway1289 is offline  
#906 Old 04-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.
 
Puppet Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,591
I wish Chuck was on Netflix instant watch because I really want to rewatch it.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
Puppet Master is offline  
#907 Old 04-29-2012, 05:23 AM
Veggie Regular
 
fadeaway1289's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,324
I was given the first season of Eastbound and Down from someone who claims the show is hysterical and one of the best comedies. I do find Danny McBride funny in everything I have watched him in , but I'm not so sure about this show. I watched the first episode and I'm kinda "meh" about it so far. I hate sports, don't understand them, and I already want to punch the main character in the face for being an obnoxious *******.
fadeaway1289 is offline  
#908 Old 04-29-2012, 05:25 AM
Veggie Regular
 
a Balloon a Balloon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

I wish Chuck was on Netflix instant watch because I really want to rewatch it.

yeah great show- plus the theme music is from one of my favourite bands.
I haven't watched season 4 yet.
a Balloon a Balloon is offline  
#909 Old 05-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.
 
Puppet Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,591
Many of my shows are done with or cancelled! This is horrible! Then there are shows that probably only have one season left in them before they're gone.

Battleground ended. The Finder, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Community, and Todd and the Book of Pure Evil are pretty much over with.

Castle and White Collar probably only have one season left (they might be able to squeeze another WC one but honestly, I think it's over). I stopped watching Fringe in 2009, but it also has one more season left. Breaking Bad has two "half seasons" and then it's over.

Psych, The Legend of Korra, Raising Hope, Bones, and Bob's Burgers is pretty much all I have left. Korra is only two seasons, Bones probably won't be around much longer, Bob's Burgers is questionable, and Raising Hope and Psych are renewed for another season each, but I get the feeling Psych might be over soon and Hope, so long as the ratings remain decent, probably has at least two seasons left. Also Futurama has a new season this summer.

There are also things like Cake Boss and Jerseylicious (don't judge me!) that I watch sometimes and are (to my knowledge) still kicking, and Face Off which has another season coming. I watch Suburgatory on occasion and it's renewed for another season.


I don't want to open my heart to any more new shows. I want my shows. This time next year I'll have like nothing.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
Puppet Master is offline  
#910 Old 05-11-2012, 05:04 AM
Veggie Regular
 
fadeaway1289's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,324
I'm grateful that the Walking Dead will be back!

I wish How I Met Your Mother would end. It's been dragging on for way too long and is no longer funny. Barney has turned into a dick by treating his current girlfriend like crap. Ted has become too whiny and I just want to know who the damn mother is!
fadeaway1289 is offline  
#911 Old 05-11-2012, 05:14 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Amy SF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 20,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

I don't want to open my heart to any more new shows. I want my shows. This time next year I'll have like nothing.

That's how I often feel about my favorite shows, but when they're gone, they're gone and there's nothing I can do about it. (It took me a while to get over the cancellation of Quantum Leap and Early Edition.) Sometimes when I try out a new show, I get lucky and I like it enough to stay with it. That's what happened this season with Once Upon a Time and Grimm. Grimm was scheduled against Fringe, but I hadn't been watching Fringe consistently, so when I instantly got hooked on Grimm, goodbye Fringe.

ETA: Don't forget there are always new shows turning up on TV, and they're not all on the broadcast networks and not all during the "regular" season anymore. If you're willing to try new shows, you might actually like one of them enough that it becomes your new favorite. You had to have done this with "your" shows in the first place, right?

*this space not for sale*
Amy SF is offline  
#912 Old 05-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Veggie Regular
 
fadeaway1289's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,324
Fox just cancelled Alcatraz. The *******s even neglected to tell Jorge Garcia! He had to find out from the internet. Fox is always screwing people over.

So many got cancelled!!

http://tv.yahoo.com/photos/canceled-...012-slideshow/
fadeaway1289 is offline  
#913 Old 05-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Amy SF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 20,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Fox just cancelled Alcatraz. The *******s even neglected to tell Jorge Garcia! He had to find out from the internet. Fox is always screwing people over.

So many got cancelled!!

http://tv.yahoo.com/photos/canceled-...012-slideshow/

That's horrible what they did to him, not telling him directly.

I don't like slideshows/galleries. I prefer simple lists instead, so here, the latest info: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/guide/...son-scorecard/

*sigh* GCB got cancelled, too.

It seems some of the new shows I invested my time in this season didn't make the cut. Alcatraz, Terra Nova, and now GCB. One may wonder, "why bother?" But I'm willing to take a chance, you never know. At least Once Upon a Time and Grimm got renewed.

And TLC has ordered 16 new episodes of Long Island Medium. I know that will make Jenn happy.

I don't believe in all that medium stuff. I've been watching the show because I like hearing the Long Island accents.

*this space not for sale*
Amy SF is offline  
#914 Old 05-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Pixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 5,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

At least Once Upon a Time and Grimm got renewed.

Good news!
Pixie is offline  
#915 Old 05-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Veggie Regular
 
I Heart Corey Haim!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

That's horrible what they did to him, not telling him directly.

I don't like slideshows/galleries. I prefer simple lists instead, so here, the latest info: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/guide/...son-scorecard/

*sigh* GCB got cancelled, too.

It seems some of the new shows I invested my time in this season didn't make the cut. Alcatraz, Terra Nova, and now GCB. One may wonder, "why bother?" But I'm willing to take a chance, you never know. At least Once Upon a Time and Grimm got renewed.

And TLC has ordered 16 new episodes of Long Island Medium. I know that will make Jenn happy.

I don't believe in all that medium stuff. I've been watching the show because I like hearing the Long Island accents.

I am really hippie that Long Island Medium was renewed....I really enjoy that show and I believe in Mediums....yuppers that quirky and hippie but I wish they didnt show soooo much of her family drama and more readings.....

I was soooo upset to find out that ROB was cancelled.....its was a funny mid-season replacement and I really like Rob Schneider....I get really upset when my faves are cancelled too like OLTL that I watched for 28 years and DH that I watched for eight years.....

Peace

LOud & PRoud Veggie-Tari-Jenn~~(KNOT)~~ Vegan and NEVER Will Be.
Be Cents-able...Use Coupons!!~~PEace, LOVe & Beautiful COLORFUL RAinbows!!
I Heart Corey Haim!! is offline  
#916 Old 05-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Pixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 5,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Heart Corey Haim!! View Post

I am really hippie that Long Island Medium was renewed.

I am watching that show at the moment, love it! I keep crying at every episode.
Pixie is offline  
#917 Old 05-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Move of Ten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,157
I finished Carnivale. Another great show that got cancelled before it could finish the story.
Move of Ten is offline  
#918 Old 05-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Veggie Regular
 
I Heart Corey Haim!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

I am watching that show at the moment, love it! I keep crying at every episode.

YOMG.....me too it never fails I am always weeping my way through that one....totally agree with you luuvvvv it

peace

LOud & PRoud Veggie-Tari-Jenn~~(KNOT)~~ Vegan and NEVER Will Be.
Be Cents-able...Use Coupons!!~~PEace, LOVe & Beautiful COLORFUL RAinbows!!
I Heart Corey Haim!! is offline  
#919 Old 05-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Pixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 5,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Heart Corey Haim!! View Post

YOMG.....me too it never fails I am always weeping my way through that one....totally agree with you luuvvvv it
peace

It was actually your posts on here that influenced me to watch it. I find it fascinating.
Pixie is offline  
#920 Old 05-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Veggie Regular
 
I Heart Corey Haim!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

It was actually your posts on here that influenced me to watch it. I find it fascinating.

YOMG really.....well that rocks and I am really intrigued by her....she seems real to me.....I want a reading with her really bad just to see what she sees about me and whos around me....I love psychics/mediums and have been to many and its always alot of fun....I have alot of family and friends who think I am wack and that its all fake....I am not sure but I always go into things with an open mind cause ya never know......have a hippie day

peace

LOud & PRoud Veggie-Tari-Jenn~~(KNOT)~~ Vegan and NEVER Will Be.
Be Cents-able...Use Coupons!!~~PEace, LOVe & Beautiful COLORFUL RAinbows!!
I Heart Corey Haim!! is offline  
#921 Old 05-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Veggie Regular
 
fadeaway1289's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

I finished Carnivale. Another great show that got cancelled before it could finish the story.

Indeed. On a somewhat related note, Nick Stahl is misssing. Apparenlty nobody knows where he is. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1520604.html
fadeaway1289 is offline  
#922 Old 05-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Amy SF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 20,217
Anyone watching or planning to watch the series finale of "House"? Just wondering.

*this space not for sale*
Amy SF is offline  
#923 Old 05-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,897

I'm psyched because HULU (free) has all three seasons of Lost in Space available for free, including the original unaired pilot...

 

http://www.hulu.com/watch/148/lost-in-space-no-place-to-hide#x-0,vepisode,1,0

 

Those of us who are older will recognize the music.  :)

Digger is offline  
#924 Old 05-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Move of Ten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,157

Bob's Burgers is really good this season.

Move of Ten is offline  
#925 Old 05-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Veggie Regular
 
I Heart Corey Haim!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,093

I was really hippie to learn that rules of engagement was renewed by the skin of its teeth:)....really enjoy that show....

 

but was not sooo hippie when I learned dog the bounty hunter was cancelled....liked that one too:)

 

peace:)


LOud & PRoud Veggie-Tari-Jenn~~(KNOT)~~ Vegan and NEVER Will Be.
Be Cents-able...Use Coupons!!~~PEace, LOVe & Beautiful COLORFUL RAinbows!!
I Heart Corey Haim!! is offline  
#926 Old 08-26-2012, 03:05 AM
Veggie Regular
 
bicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 209

 

 

The New Normal  thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Ready for Love  thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif 

Go On thumbsdown.gif

Guys with Kids thumbsdown.gif thumbsdown.gif thumbsdown.gif

Chicago Fire thumbsdown.gif

Malibu Country thumbsdown.gif

Nashville thumbsdown.gif

666 Park Avenue thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Last Resort thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Elementary thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif  

Vegas thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Partners thumbsup.gif

Ben and Kate thumbsdown.gif  thumbsdown.gif  

Cult thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif  (midseason)

Beauty and the Beast thumbsdown.gif  

The Mindy Project thumbsdown.gif  thumbsdown.gif  

Animal Practice thumbsdown.gif  

The Revolution thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif    

Arrow thumbsup.gif

Infamous thumbsdown.gif

bicker is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off