The Couch Potato's Guide to Television Viewing - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 07-29-2009, 06:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I tried watching this season of Hell's Kitchen last night because everyone keeps talking about how crazy it is. I just get too frustrated with the whole show. I love cooking competition shows but the cooks/chefs/whatever on Hell's Kitchen lack total respect, maturity, and cooking skills! They are just so trashy it's annoying. I've really been into Top Chef Masters and The Next Food Network Star though which are both ten times better.

I've also caught a few episodes of "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant". It's totally insane and frightening! Most of the women on there had no clue they were pregnant until they went into labor (one woman had delivered her baby while she was on the toilet). The scary thing is some still have periods, don't gain weight, are on birth control or get negative results from urine pregnancy tests. It still kinda boggles my mind though how they cannot have some sort of sense or feeling that there's a life growing in their stomach.

I like watching epsiodes here and there of The Next Food Network Star as well. I never watch Hells Kitchen, it just looks annoying. haha

I watched an episode of I didn't know I was pregnant as well, one woman gave birth while going to the bathroom....OMG. I just can't figure out how they wouldn't know and how these kids end up coming out ok!

So I am totally digging Nurse Jackie, Weeds, Dexter and HGTV's Design Star. If anyone watches that show, there is always someone that doesn't finish the kitchen challenge and they go home. You would think contestants by now would get it! Finish the kitchen no matter what!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 07-29-2009, 06:55 AM
Veggie Regular

I've been watching Hell's Kitchen!! I freaking LOVE that show. What's with Joey? He just totally flipped out over NOTHING!! Glad he's gone!! I'm so happy to see Robert back, I loved him I just hope he shapes up. I don't know what's going on with him this season.

Watched another episode of Dexter last night!! We're about 5 episodes into season 3. SO good!!
#63 Old 07-29-2009, 06:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Don't know if I mentioned it or not but I gave The Goode Family (animated show about an eco-friendly, vegan family) another shot and it's pretty funny. I like it!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 07-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I just started watching Dexter. I'm loving it! I've only watched the first three episodes so far...

Nec Aspera Terrent
#65 Old 07-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

I just started watching Dexter. I'm loving it! I've only watched the first three episodes so far...

Oh man, it's SO good!! Keep checking back to let us know where you are. Use spoilers if you have to. I'm on the third season and I'm totally in love. I definitely won't be canceling my Showtime anytime soon
#66 Old 07-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickle00 View Post

I've been watching Hell's Kitchen!! I freaking LOVE that show. What's with Joey? He just totally flipped out over NOTHING!! Glad he's gone!! I'm so happy to see Robert back, I loved him I just hope he shapes up. I don't know what's going on with him this season.

That guy was a douche. I'm not sure what was up with that whole scenerio. I've heard people speculate that the whole thing was a set up for ratings because it was so out of control. Although Ramsey seemed really caught off guard when Joey was all up in his face threatening him. Who knows. I'm aggravated with the how they played up the whole episode in the commercials with the fire trucks and making it seem like there was some type of huge emergency when the whole thing was all just part of their challenge.

I really want to see Nurse Jackie. My friends were raving about it and from what they said it sounds soo good. I love the pills in the sugar packets thing! How clever is that?
#67 Old 07-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Veggie Regular

realizing Season 3 of Dexter comes out on August 18th, I have started watching season 2 again. This show is just great!
#68 Old 07-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

That guy was a douche. I'm not sure what was up with that whole scenerio. I've heard people speculate that the whole thing was a set up for ratings because it was so out of control. Although Ramsey seemed really caught off guard when Joey was all up in his face threatening him. Who knows. I'm aggravated with the how they played up the whole episode in the commercials with the fire trucks and making it seem like there was some type of huge emergency when the whole thing was all just part of their challenge.

I really want to see Nurse Jackie. My friends were raving about it and from what they said it sounds soo good. I love the pills in the sugar packets thing! How clever is that?

Eh...I figured the previews were all editing and when they started waking people up I knew it was a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinegal View Post

realizing Season 3 of Dexter comes out on August 18th, I have started watching season 2 again. This show is just great!

I'm pretty sure it's season 4 that's starting August 18th. I'm watching Season 3 On Demand right now.
#69 Old 07-30-2009, 07:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Eh...I figured the previews were all editing and when they started waking people up I knew it was a challenge.

I'm pretty sure it's season 4 that's starting August 18th. I'm watching Season 3 On Demand right now.

Netflix doesn't show the DVD's being released until August 18th for us. I saw the show on showtime doesn't release until September. Maybe it is because we want them in Blu-Ray? Not sure.
#70 Old 07-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Netflix doesn't show the DVD's being released until August 18th for us. I saw the show on showtime doesn't release until September. Maybe it is because we want them in Blu-Ray? Not sure.

I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about the new season. I hadn't realized you were waiting for the DVD's.
#71 Old 07-30-2009, 08:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about the new season. I hadn't realized you were waiting for the DVD's.

no problem! I wish the DVD's would come out faster!
#72 Old 07-30-2009, 12:05 PM

I love Dexter too.

I have started watching True Blood recently (I'm behind the times I know) it is really great too.
#73 Old 07-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post

I love Dexter too.

I have started watching True Blood recently (I'm behind the times I know) it is really great too.

I have been meaning to check this out. May have to put it in my netflix queue.
#74 Old 07-30-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:

I have been meaning to check this out. May have to put it in my netflix queue.

True Blood is quite sexy though, you have been warned.

I prefer US TV to UK TV I have to say.
#75 Old 07-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

True Blood is quite sexy though, you have been warned.

I prefer US TV to UK TV I have to say.

ahhhh, I see that by reading the reviews on Netflix! lol

Thanks for the warning.
#76 Old 07-31-2009, 12:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Has anyone seen The Goode Family? It's an animated series about a "green", vegan family!!

I haven't seen it yet, but I totally want to

I've gotten into watching Chelsea Lately, too. I'm not usually into shows about what the celebs are doing now, but this one is too great to pass up. Especially when Chelsea and her round table panel are ripping a new one into whatever piece of celeb news she's just read.
#77 Old 07-31-2009, 09:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverGrounded View Post

I haven't seen it yet, but I totally want to

I've gotten into watching Chelsea Lately, too. I'm not usually into shows about what the celebs are doing now, but this one is too great to pass up. Especially when Chelsea and her round table panel are ripping a new one into whatever piece of celeb news she's just read.

Freaking LOVE Chelsea!! She's hilarious!!
#78 Old 07-31-2009, 12:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Freaking LOVE Chelsea!! She's hilarious!!

Hell yeah she is! I love the fact that she doesn't hold back and speaks her mind. I'm waiting for my library to get her book in. I can't wait to read it.
#79 Old 08-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I just finished Dexter Season 2. Oh wow, I can't wait to get the Season 3 discs, I thought Season 2 was WAY better then season 1!
#80 Old 08-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Just recently finished watching The Lost Room... a SciFi channel miniseries that aired a few years back. I thought it was a very interesting premise, quite well done, and I enjoyed it very much!
#81 Old 08-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

^^^I like Sci-Fi too. I recently got Season 2 of "Torchwood" out of the library and watched a few episodes. It's kind of dark for my taste, though.

The library also has episodes of "Farscape"... which are almost never taken out, so maybe it's not that good...

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#82 Old 08-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I just finished Dexter Season 2. Oh wow, I can't wait to get the Season 3 discs, I thought Season 2 was WAY better then season 1!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I liked it but I wasn't a fan of whatshername. Jack was hoping Dex and Rita would break up. He can't stand Rita. I like her though and I'm glad their still together. I LOVED how he referred to his "addiction" in that season. SO good. Jack and I were talking about how weird it is rooting for a killer to get away though!!
Hurry up and get Season 3!! I need someone to talk to about it!!
#83 Old 08-05-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:

I have seen Season 3 of Dexter. Mmm Jimmy Smits. I used to love LA Law.
#84 Old 08-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I have seen Season 3 of Dexter. Mmm Jimmy Smits. I used to love LA Law.

Have you already watched it??
#85 Old 08-05-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:

Have you already watched it??

Yes. The 4th season has John Lithgow in I think.
#86 Old 08-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Wait a minute!! Has the fourth season already came out? I thought that was going to be the next season??

E.T.A.-- Never mind. Googled it. Do you know when season 4 starts?
#87 Old 08-05-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:

Wait a minute!! Has the fourth season already came out? I thought that was going to be the next season??

I saw Season 3 of Dexter by downloading it (legally downloaded I do believe!)

I read on Wiki that Dexter Season 4 stars John Lithgow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_...ries)#Season_4
#88 Old 08-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I liked it but I wasn't a fan of whatshername. Jack was hoping Dex and Rita would break up. He can't stand Rita. I like her though and I'm glad their still together. I LOVED how he referred to his "addiction" in that season. SO good. Jack and I were talking about how weird it is rooting for a killer to get away though!!

HAHA I hated whatever her name was too, but she was compelling! I know, I am dying for August 18th! They are at the top of our list and we will time our movies going back with that date so we get the first two right away.
#89 Old 08-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I saw Season 3 of Dexter by downloading it (legally downloaded I do believe!)

I read on Wiki that Dexter Season 4 stars John Lithgow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_...ries)#Season_4

I like John Lithgow, should be good to have him in the series.
#90 Old 08-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Just finished Season 1, episode 9 of Dexter. I'm on the edge of my seat!

Nec Aspera Terrent

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page