The Couch Potato's Guide to Television Viewing - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 06-24-2009, 01:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I tried watching Arrested Development. I tried LIKING Arrested Development. I really did. I really tried. But I only got through the first three or four episodes before I bailed. I just didn't get it.

I didn't think I would like it and I ended up liking it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 06-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Another show everyone raves about and I cannot get into is The Office. I have tried watching episodes in season 1 and Steve Carrel just annoys me and usually I love the shows or movies he is in. Ah well, can't like em all! Maybe it gets better as the seasons go on, maybe I should skip season 1.
#33 Old 06-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinegal View Post

and Steve Carrel just annoys me

His character is supposed to be annoying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 06-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rk0 View Post

His character is supposed to be annoying.

I understand, but it isn't annoying in a funny way like other characters he plays.
#35 Old 06-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't get into The Office, either. I've actually tried watching the original British version of The Office with Ricky Gervais, who I think is pretty funny, but I couldn't get into THAT, either.

*this space not for sale*
#36 Old 06-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Veggie Regular

I was going to mention The Office as another show I just don't get also. Sucks because I like Steve Carrel. Desperate Housewives and Greys Anatomy are other shows I can't watch and don't understand why they are so popular.
#37 Old 06-24-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I was going to mention The Office as another show I just don't get also. Sucks because I like Steve Carrel. Desperate Housewives and Greys Anatomy are other shows I can't watch and don't understand why they are so popular.

I have never seen the office or greys anatomy....but I love Desperate Housewives....I have always loved the soaps though....still do
#38 Old 06-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Dexter keeps getting better and better. We stayed up WAY past our bedtime last night watching it. I was up till almost 2:00. We only watched it till about 12:30 but then I couldn't fall asleep. Stupid job!! I could've watched it all night!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I tried watching Arrested Development. I tried LIKING Arrested Development. I really did. I really tried. But I only got through the first three or four episodes before I bailed. I just didn't get it.

Quote:

I also tried liking this show. I can't stand it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rk0 View Post

Makes my list of top 5 sitcoms of all time.

Quote:

Another one here who tried liking Arrested Development but just couldn't get into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post

I didn't think I would like it and I ended up liking it.

I absolutely LOVE it!! Wish it was still on!! I think I'll have to get the DVD's from Netflix and make Jack watch 'em with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem09 View Post

LOL from a fellow PH.com reader It's my guilty pleasure too. Yes i did hear about that! crazyness! he wrote a "statement" today on his site.

Yeah, I read that. He wrote another one today

Quote:

Another show everyone raves about and I cannot get into is The Office. I have tried watching episodes in season 1 and Steve Carrel just annoys me and usually I love the shows or movies he is in. Ah well, can't like em all! Maybe it gets better as the seasons go on, maybe I should skip season 1.

Quote:

I liked the few episodes of The Office I've seen but I've only seen a couple. I always meant to watch it but kept forgetting to Tivo it. I also love DH and GA. They're two of my faves
#39 Old 06-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Veggie Regular

So NoTorious is pretty funny.
#40 Old 06-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Has anyone seen The Goode Family? It's an animated series about a "green", vegan family!! I thought I set my Tivo up to record it but I must've forgotten. I'll have to set it up tonight when I go home.
#41 Old 06-25-2009, 09:58 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickle00 View Post

Has anyone seen The Goode Family? It's an animated series about a "green", vegan family!! I thought I set my Tivo up to record it but I must've forgotten. I'll have to set it up tonight when I go home.

Ive never even heard of it!! I gotta find that show, sounds good

Did anyone watch the pilot episode of "Glee" that Fox aired right after the american idol finale? OMG SO GOOD!! I cant wait for the season to air this fall!
#42 Old 06-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem09 View Post

Ive never even heard of it!! I gotta find that show, sounds good

Did anyone watch the pilot episode of "Glee" that Fox aired right after the american idol finale? OMG SO GOOD!! I cant wait for the season to air this fall!

Shoot! I missed it!! I'll have to catch it on Hulu or see if they have it On Demand. The Goode Family is on ABC. I've never seen it but I remember seeing the previews and wanting to watch it. I hope it's a good show that doesn't portray vegans as weirdos.
#43 Old 06-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow!! I just watched the Season 1 finale of Dexter. Unfreakingbelievable!! Can't wait to start Season 2!!
#44 Old 06-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Beginner

ooo man I'm so behind on my shows I'm trying to catch up on. I watched 1 episode of weeds over the weekend on netflix. So I've now watched the first 9 episodes of season 1... and 1 to go! hopefully I can watch that one sometime this week so I can finally move on to season 2! lol
#45 Old 06-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Veggie Regular

I borrowed a couple discs of Entourage from my brother. It's actually a lot better and funnier than I expected it to be.
#46 Old 06-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Veggie Regular

I caught an episode of The Goode Family. Meh....I didn't think it was that great.
#47 Old 07-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Beginner

Finally just finished season 1 of weeds. SO good, I'm really liking this show!! I watched the first episode of season 2 tonight as well
#48 Old 07-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Anyone watch the latest adaption of Wuthering Heights? What did you think of it?

It already aired in the US, but won't be out in the UK until December.
#49 Old 07-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Dead Like Me was a great show. They made a movie last year to "wrap things up" but they used another actress to play Daisy so that was weird.

I love Dead Like Me, but I wasn't a fan of the latest film. No Rube, different Daisy.. it's just not the same. It seemed like it lost its quirky sense of humour, too.
#50 Old 07-06-2009, 06:18 AM
Veggie Regular

I started watching Dexter Season 1 last night and wow! I am going to watch more this morning. I need to get through season 1 and two by the time season 3 comes out in August. I have a feeling that will be no problem, awesome show!
#51 Old 07-11-2009, 05:19 AM
Veggie Regular

finished Dexter season 1 last night, wowsa! Very good show. Going to start season 2 today. Nickle00, have you finished both seasons?
#52 Old 07-12-2009, 07:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I started watching Dexter Season 1 last night and wow! I am going to watch more this morning. I need to get through season 1 and two by the time season 3 comes out in August. I have a feeling that will be no problem, awesome show!

Quote:

finished Dexter season 1 last night, wowsa! Very good show. Going to start season 2 today. Nickle00, have you finished both seasons?

LOVE this show!! Nope, haven't finished season 2 yet. We've been on vacay for about a week and a half and we just got home last night. We'll definitely be watching more of season 2 today!! When does the new season start??
#53 Old 07-12-2009, 07:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

LOVE this show!! Nope, haven't finished season 2 yet. We've been on vacay for about a week and a half and we just got home last night. We'll definitely be watching more of season 2 today!! When does the new season start??

hmmmm, I thought it was August...that is why I have been rushing. But it looks like September. I don't see a firm date on the internet yet darn it!

Edit: Found out season 3 releases on DVD in August. Add it to your Netflix queue if you haven't already. Season 4 airs on showtime on September 27th.
#54 Old 07-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Dexter= A.MA.ZING!!!
#55 Old 07-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I caught an episode of The Goode Family. Meh....I didn't think it was that great.

I watched another episode of The Goode Family and it was better than the last one I saw!! They go to a restaraunt that was serving "meatless" chili. The dad takes a bite only to find out that there's chicken in the chili and proceeds to get in an argument with the chef/owner of the restaraunt promoting the "meatless" chili. It was pretty good
#56 Old 07-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Has anyone seen Jack and Bobby on The WB? I watched a couple episodes this morning On Demand and it's really good!!
#57 Old 07-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I am in the middle of Pushing Daisies Season 2. Oh how I love this show, if you haven't seen it you must! I am so sad it was canceled, people don't know good dhows when they see them.
#58 Old 07-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Veggie Regular

So who else is watching Nurse Jackie? I love it. It's so politically incorrect. Some real-life nurses have complained about it, but I find it to be hilarious. I really like Eve Best, who plays Dr. O'Hara and Jackie's best friend at the hospital and is very funny. She reminds me a bit of Christine Baranski on the sitcom Cybill, and Christine Baranski was so good in that that she won an Emmy for it.

*this space not for sale*
#59 Old 07-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Veggie Regular

^^ i just finished watching the last two episodes! I love Zoey the young nurse, she cracks me up. And Jackie herself plays quite a complex character. Such an entertaining show.
#60 Old 07-29-2009, 04:15 AM
Veggie Regular

I tried watching this season of Hell's Kitchen last night because everyone keeps talking about how crazy it is. I just get too frustrated with the whole show. I love cooking competition shows but the cooks/chefs/whatever on Hell's Kitchen lack total respect, maturity, and cooking skills! They are just so trashy it's annoying. I've really been into Top Chef Masters and The Next Food Network Star though which are both ten times better.

I've also caught a few episodes of "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant". It's totally insane and frightening! Most of the women on there had no clue they were pregnant until they went into labor (one woman had delivered her baby while she was on the toilet). The scary thing is some still have periods, don't gain weight, are on birth control or get negative results from urine pregnancy tests. It still kinda boggles my mind though how they cannot have some sort of sense or feeling that there's a life growing in their stomach.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page