So what books have we been reading lately? - Page 168 - VeggieBoards

So what books have we been reading lately?

joombo
03:21 AM 10-08-2018
Wizard and Glass (part if dark tower series) by Stephen King. I don't like it. The only book I liked so far was Drawing of the Three, and only because of the "fish out of water" scenarios. As it goes it feels more and more that he's making it up as he goes along, he doesn't know how it's supposed to be himself. Very boring to read, damn whoever recommended me this. But I gotta finish it, since I bought the books already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

joombo
03:01 PM 10-07-2019
The Fourth Monkey by J.D. Barker. On Goodreads I gave it a 4 because of the fact that it kept me hooked for two days. But it wasn't a perfect thriller by any means. The detectives' dialogue was overwritten, and a few things weren't explained well. However, I did enjoy the killer's diary entry quite a bit and the "reveal" wasn't too obvious.
Tom's Avatar Tom
05:27 PM 01-13-2020
Star Wars: "Thrawn- Treason", by Timothy Zahn. I got it out of the library. Interesting, in that it focuses on political infighting between the Empire and their Chiss allies(?). The Alliance- Luke, Han, Leia, and the rest of the heroes- don't appear at all. I'm not sure they're even mentioned. But Grand Admiral Thrawn, the main character, seems to be a fan favorite. This one doesn't have much in the way of dogfights in space, etc. though, so it wouldn't surprise me if folks who love the movies might find it kind of boring. I caught myself skimming it rather than reading it in places.

Reply Up