So what books have we been reading lately? - Page 168 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

#5011 Old 10-08-2018, 02:21 AM

Wizard and Glass (part if dark tower series) by Stephen King. I don't like it. The only book I liked so far was Drawing of the Three, and only because of the "fish out of water" scenarios. As it goes it feels more and more that he's making it up as he goes along, he doesn't know how it's supposed to be himself. Very boring to read, damn whoever recommended me this. But I gotta finish it, since I bought the books already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#5012 Old 10-07-2019, 02:01 PM

The Fourth Monkey by J.D. Barker. On Goodreads I gave it a 4 because of the fact that it kept me hooked for two days. But it wasn't a perfect thriller by any means. The detectives' dialogue was overwritten, and a few things weren't explained well. However, I did enjoy the killer's diary entry quite a bit and the "reveal" wasn't too obvious.
#5013 Old 01-13-2020, 04:27 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Star Wars: "Thrawn- Treason", by Timothy Zahn. I got it out of the library. Interesting, in that it focuses on political infighting between the Empire and their Chiss allies(?). The Alliance- Luke, Han, Leia, and the rest of the heroes- don't appear at all. I'm not sure they're even mentioned. But Grand Admiral Thrawn, the main character, seems to be a fan favorite. This one doesn't have much in the way of dogfights in space, etc. though, so it wouldn't surprise me if folks who love the movies might find it kind of boring. I caught myself skimming it rather than reading it in places.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.

Last edited by Tom; 01-13-2020 at 04:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#5014 Old 07-08-2020, 06:39 AM

Been thinking about reading that one next actually, what in particular did you like about it? I've read the Sirens of Titan a long time ago, and although I did like it, looking back, I don't think I was mature enough to fully enjoy it.
#5015 Old 07-11-2020, 02:03 AM

Homo Sapiens. A great read
#5016 Old 07-25-2020, 02:35 PM

I have a stack of books by my nightstand; right now it's The Magician's Nephew by CS Lewis and a Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

—Jimi Hendrix

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page