Twilight Discussion Thread - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Veggie Regular

WARNING: This is a discussion thread for the movie Twilight!! If you have not seen it yet DO NOT read this thread!! It will be FULL of spoilers!!

This movie was great and I know it's a cult phenomenon so I figured there would people here who'd like to discuss it.

I haven't read the books yet but want to now that I've seen the movie. The sparkle thing was super cool. I definitely think Ed Westwick (Chuck Bass) would make a GREAT vampire in the next one!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Did you like Rob Pattinson? I did not, I don't think he's cute enough for Edward. I like your suggestion better.
#3 Old 11-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I haven't read the books so I don't know how he was described in them. I thought he fit the role pretty well but I'm sure I'd feel different had I read the books before seeing the movie. I think they did a good job on this one with introducing all the characters and everything. I'm sure the next one will be MUCH better!! More action and all that jazz!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickle00 View Post

Well, I haven't read the books so I don't know how he was described in them. I thought he fit the role pretty well but I'm sure I'd feel different had I read the books before seeing the movie. I think they did a good job on this one with introducing all the characters and everything. I'm sure the next one will be MUCH better!! More action and all that jazz!!

OME! Read the books! Go on, I'm waiting...
#5 Old 11-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm adding books that I'm willing to trade on Swaptree right now to see if I can get the first one!!
#6 Old 11-23-2008, 09:16 PM

I think Ed Westwick and Rob Pattinson Look a lot alike. But i like Rob better.

Personally I like Rob as Edward. I Like the entire cast. I loved the movie.

New Moon is going to be awesome! I can't wait.
#7 Old 11-24-2008, 12:38 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't know much about Twilight, except for the minor debates I've seen going on on VB about it. But I love vampire movies (Queen of the Damned and Interview with the Vampire are some of my favourite movies). But I'm guessing that this is more of a thing that females especialy teenage girls are interested in.

If it's not really targeted at a female audience and is like Queen of the Damned, then I think that I'd be interested in it.
#8 Old 11-24-2008, 05:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiepeace3294 View Post

I think Ed Westwick and Rob Pattinson Look a lot alike. But i like Rob better.

Personally I like Rob as Edward. I Like the entire cast. I loved the movie.

New Moon is going to be awesome! I can't wait.

Again, I haven't read the books so I'm not sure about who would've been a better Edward I just kept thinking throughout the movie that Ed Westwick would've been a great vampire!! I just love Chuck Bass on Gossip Girl I guess.
#9 Old 11-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I saw it last night and LOVED it! I laughed, I teared up a few times... I cant wait to go see it again.
#10 Old 11-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Veggie Regular

I was just recently recruited to the world of Twilight by my 13 yr. old niece who is obsessed. I finished the 1st book on Saturday and saw the movie on Sunday.

I thought the actors cast as Bella and Edward were both wonderful. I was most disappointed by Bella's father - in the book he seems so thoughtful and reserved like Bella - in the movie he was a bit of a redneck.

I loved the baseball scene. For some reason that just tickles me - vampires playing baseball. I enjoyed the movie overall - although I am not sure I would have appreciated it as much if I hadn't just read the book.

Time get reading New Moon...
#11 Old 11-24-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaspice View Post

I was just recently recruited to the world of Twilight by my 13 yr. old niece who is obsessed. I finished the 1st book on Saturday and saw the movie on Sunday.

I thought the actors cast as Bella and Edward were both wonderful. I was most disappointed by Bella's father - in the book he seems so thoughtful and reserved like Bella - in the movie he was a bit of a redneck.

I loved the baseball scene. For some reason that just tickles me - vampires playing baseball. I enjoyed the movie overall - although I am not sure I would have appreciated it as much if I hadn't just read the book.

Time get reading New Moon...

New Moon is really sad if your team Edward.
#12 Old 11-24-2008, 07:38 PM

I love twilight, and New Moon was my favorite book (I'm team Jacob)
#13 Old 11-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiepeace3294 View Post

New Moon is really sad if your team Edward.

Oh no! I love Edward (I cannot imagine what girl wouldn't). Jacob isn't really in the first book much so I don't have much of an opinion of him..But I can't imagine anyone more thrilling and romantic than Edward.

I need to get reading - to find out if I am on Team Edward or Jacob!
#14 Old 11-24-2008, 09:33 PM

I don't like Edward
#15 Old 11-25-2008, 05:34 AM
Veggie Regular

My first swap on Swaptree is pending!! If it goes through I'll be trading my Skinny Btich with someone for Twilight!! I can't wait to read the books!!
#16 Old 11-25-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post

I don't like Edward

#17 Old 11-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Veggie Regular

I have read the series and loved the movie, but I am team Edward all the way. Jacob just managed to annoy me throughout the series.

But I was really surprised by how good the movie was and am definitely looking forward to the next one!
#18 Old 11-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post

I love twilight, and New Moon was my favorite book (I'm team Jacob)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinegal View Post

I have read the series and loved the movie, but I am team Edward all the way. Jacob just managed to annoy me throughout the series.

But I was really surprised by how good the movie was and am definitely looking forward to the next one!

.....so I take it Jacob's NOT dead??
#19 Old 11-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

.....so I take it Jacob's NOT dead??

Did the movie elude that he died? I don't recall that....
#20 Old 11-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I thought they tore him into pieces and burned him....I figured he died. Silly me....he's a vampire...Durr!!
#21 Old 11-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I thought they tore him into pieces and burned him....I figured he died. Silly me....he's a vampire...Durr!!

I think that was James - Jacob is the Native American kid. Am I right Twilight experts?
#22 Old 11-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I think that was James - Jacob is the Native American kid. Am I right Twilight experts?

Ohhhh....DOUBLE DURR!! You ARE right!! My bad. Sorry, I haven't read any of the books and I've only seen the movie once.....so far
#23 Old 11-25-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:

James is the vampire bad guy.

Jacob is the quileute. he is billy's son. he gave Bella the truck.
#24 Old 11-25-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:

You are right
#25 Old 11-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummusKelpilot View Post

I don't know much about Twilight, except for the minor debates I've seen going on on VB about it. But I love vampire movies (Queen of the Damned and Interview with the Vampire are some of my favourite movies). But I'm guessing that this is more of a thing that females especialy teenage girls are interested in.

If it's not really targeted at a female audience and is like Queen of the Damned, then I think that I'd be interested in it.

It's not TOO much a chick flick, I mean there's action besides if it was a chick flick I wouldn't have enjoyed it much.
#26 Old 11-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Just saw the movie today, at my sister's demand. Never read the books, as I didn't have any interest in them. Now I have even less. It seemed like a good movie for crushing twelve year old girls, but it really wasn't my thing.

I laughed out loud in the theater at a couple of parts that I don't think were supposed to be funny, but I thought they were anyway; like when they were laying in the grass and he sparkled. He looked fuzzy! My sister keeps saying the books are waaaaaaaaay better, which is usually true.
#27 Old 11-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indieorganicveg View Post

Did you like Rob Pattinson? I did not, I don't think he's cute enough for Edward. I like your suggestion better.

His face is so... flat...
#28 Old 11-27-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Shifter View Post

His face is so... flat...

I like his face
#29 Old 11-27-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:

Just saw the movie today, at my sister's demand. Never read the books, as I didn't have any interest in them. Now I have even less. It seemed like a good movie for crushing twelve year old girls, but it really wasn't my thing.

I laughed out loud in the theater at a couple of parts that I don't think were supposed to be funny, but I thought they were anyway; like when they were laying in the grass and he sparkled. He looked fuzzy! My sister keeps saying the books are waaaaaaaaay better, which is usually true.

He did look fuzzy i didnt like the sparkle scene.

The books are SO much better.

you should read them
#30 Old 11-29-2008, 05:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yay, I'm totally with you. I love vampire movies and since everyone was raving about how great this movie is and begging me to see it, I decided to give it a shot. I haven't read the books either and don't have an interest either. I also have a strong hatred for any type of romantic/chick flick movie, so yeah this movie wasn't my thing at all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page