Really disturbing F Word episode (Gordon Ramsay) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-15-2008, 05:47 AM
Beginner

So the ever charming Gordon Ramsay invited 50 vegetarians to try to convert them into meat eaters.

I dunno how old it is but it's just utterly disgusting. He does all sorts of crap, slicing up fish for the caviar, catching puffin then eating the heart.

I think he's one of the most foul people on the face of the planet.

How many people hate him?

Here's part 1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=udAxWeSHjBg

[youtube]udAxWeSHjBg[/youtube]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-15-2008, 05:56 AM
Veggie Regular

I hate him.
#3 Old 10-15-2008, 06:09 AM
Beginner

I can't stand him. He's got one of the most grating personalities of any of the TV chefs. I'll take Anthony Bourdain any day over that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-15-2008, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruin View Post

How many people hate him?

He is just another omni chef at the end of the day but I cannot stand him!!!
#5 Old 10-15-2008, 06:11 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post

He is just another omni chef at the end of the day but I cannot stand him!!!

Yeah but he refuses to cook for vegetarians and looks down his ugly nose at them. I don't want to know what he thinks of vegans...
#6 Old 10-15-2008, 06:21 AM
Veggie Regular

He'd kill himself if he knew about veganism.
#7 Old 10-15-2008, 06:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummusKelpilot View Post

He'd kill himself if he knew about veganism.

Well then someone needs to tell him already!!!
#8 Old 10-15-2008, 07:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Steele View Post

Agreed!!!

The man is disgusting, I actually think he has some pretty deep rooted issues about something! And more often than not he's insulting vegetarians & being unbelievably cruel to animals on television. Just google gordon ramsey & lamb, & look at the images, he had a beautiful pet lamb which he slaugtered, there is something so disturbing about getting such an innocent creature to trust humans & then meet such a devestating end. And the puffin thing reached whole new levels of brutality, I read somewhere that those beautiful birds were murdered & he ate their hearts raw, still warm from life!

He's a sick, sick man but in many ways I actually pity him, it is tragic that someone has so much cruelty inside them.
#9 Old 10-15-2008, 07:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Steele View Post

It shall happen at midnight, a man in a brown jacket will hand him a note 'VEGANISM' the note reads, I then suspect Ram will gasp a mighty gasp with his eyes bulged wide glued to the note, then....
#10 Old 10-15-2008, 07:24 AM
Veggie Regular

I really detest Ramsay.

He gives me the sh**s because he's intelligent to enough to realise that the reason he's a prick to people on a regular basis is because his father was an alcoholic who abused him when he was younger, and not only does he do nothing to stop the cycle of abuse, he actually goes out of his way to perpetuate it on his TV show by bullying the poor apprentices in his kitchen especially for the camera, because he knows that it makes him a bucket load of cash.

On top of that, he does those nauseating interviews where he plays the "a bit flawed, but a nice guy underneath" kind of act to perfection. He is probably one of the worst kind of human beings I can think of - smart enough to know what he's doing is wrong, but won't stop it because he's making oodles of moolah.

m8itcanw8.com
#11 Old 10-15-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummusKelpilot View Post

It shall happen at midnight, a man in a brown jacket will hand him a note 'VEGANISM' the note reads, I then suspect Ram will gasp a mighty gasp with his eyes bulged wide glued to the note, then....

Lol.
#12 Old 10-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't care about him enough to hate him. However, the man is clearly a waste of good oxygen.
#13 Old 10-15-2008, 07:50 AM
Beginner

I think it would be ironic justice if he choked on a steak.
#14 Old 10-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

I really detest Ramsay.

He gives me the sh**s because he's intelligent to enough to realise that the reason he's a prick to people on a regular basis is because his father was an alcoholic who abused him when he was younger, and not only does he do nothing to stop the cycle of abuse, he actually goes out of his way to perpetuate it on his TV show by bullying the poor apprentices in his kitchen especially for the camera, because he knows that it makes him a bucket load of cash.

On top of that, he does those nauseating interviews where he plays the "a bit flawed, but a nice guy underneath" kind of act to perfection. He is probably one of the worst kind of human beings I can think of - smart enough to know what he's doing is wrong, but won't stop it because he's making oodles of moolah.

this is a view i share, and which i also hoped to express, but said way more articulately than i could have managed.
#15 Old 10-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruin View Post

I think it would be ironic justice if he choked on a steak.

It was definitely ironic justice when he accidentally fried his own testicle while cooking commando.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#16 Old 10-15-2008, 12:32 PM

I really don't like Gordon Ramsey. There is no need at all to swear that much for the sake of it.

The idea for the show is bad enough but I just don't understand where they found the 50 vegetarians who were willing to eat meat.
#17 Old 10-15-2008, 12:52 PM

This person is vile, vege`s and vegans should not have been involved with him, we have to prove nothing to any one. least of all someone like him, he`s ignorant.
#18 Old 10-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefisdeadgood View Post

I really don't like Gordon Ramsey. There is no need at all to swear that much for the sake of it.

The idea for the show is bad enough but I just don't understand where they found the 50 vegetarians who were willing to eat meat.

They were probably those "vegetarians" who eat fish and chicken.
#19 Old 10-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Veggie Regular

This is the same guy who gave a vegetarian a slice of pizza with parma hidden underneath the cheese and tomatoes, laughed at, and mocked the poor guy when he ran out of the restaurant.

What a jerkoff.
#20 Old 10-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Veggie Regular

#21 Old 10-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow I had no idea he was like that.

I am flabbergasted at the degree of intolerance he has... the "I believe that everybody should eat meat" statement... so he's making it his job to force feed it to people??

I am shocked... it always blows my mind when people are intolerant of things that in no way effect them, whatsoever. *MY* plate being meat free asks *NOTHING* of you, so why do you care so passionately??

Grr. I'm grumpy now.

PS: I couldn't watch further than the intro. Are these "vegetarians" eating the meat voluntarily, or are they being hoodwinked into it, or what?? This angers me... it makes REAL vegetarians look bad.
#22 Old 10-16-2008, 02:09 PM

It reminds me of the comment by Douglas Adams about Steven Dawkins about how strange it was the way people reacted so violently about his atheist statements.

It is strange how people's choice not to eat meat causes such a reaction.

#23 Old 10-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyjane View Post

PS: I couldn't watch further than the intro. Are these "vegetarians" eating the meat voluntarily, or are they being hoodwinked into it, or what?? This angers me... it makes REAL vegetarians look bad.

they appeared to be doing it totally voluntarily- they'd signed up for a big meaty dinner- 50 of them. they ate lobster, caviar, and veal, which really suprised me. some claimed to have been vegetarian for 20 years, and they said how good everything tasted, and seemed fine about what they were eating, which is incredibly disappointing.

i think it would been more realistic if more of them seemed remotely upset by what they were eating, or rushed offscreen gagging or with upset stomachs- but that wouldn't make such good publicity for the unmentionable one.

the only good parts were when a puffin bit him, and when he mentioned how beans are loaded with protein, and spinach with iron (which is a bit odd of him to do, as he thinks everyone needs meat?!).
#24 Old 10-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Bof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post

It reminds me of the comment by Douglas Adams about Steven Dawkins about how strange it was the way people reacted so violently about his atheist statements.

Who is Steven Dawkins? Some strange amalgam of Richard Dawkins and Steven Hawken?
#25 Old 10-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Bof was banned? Why???
#26 Old 10-16-2008, 04:54 PM

He'd frikkin despise vegans, I think... *hides*
#27 Old 10-16-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broccolichick View Post

Bof was banned? Why???

Awww no!!!!
#28 Old 10-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I had no idea about this side of Ramsey. His manner was a bit grating, but not much different than my own chef uncle... so watching him is like watching family. Funny, because my uncle was often trying to convince me to switch back to omni. He constantly acted like my being veg was somehow personally insulting to him. Anyhoo... I'll certainly be avoiding Ramsey on TV from here on out.
#29 Old 10-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Veggie Regular

At the risk of being rounded up by the vegetarian gestapo and taken away, I'm going to admit that I actually kind of like Gordon Ramsay. I'm a big fan of his UK Kitchen Nightmares show. He makes me laugh, and he always tells it as he sees it, which I respect. I watched this whole show and it was the so-called-vegetarians on it that pissed me off, not Gordon.

We don't have to hate people just because they hold beliefs different from our own. Gordon happens to be an unabashed carnivore who believes that everyone should eat meat. Fine. I strongly disagree with him, and I'd love to have a good debate with him about it, but he is entitled to hold that opinion.

At least he's not a hypocrite. He doesn't support factory farming, and will catch and kill animals himself. In this show, he uses farm caviar, free range chicken, and he makes sure to ask about the sustainability of hunting puffins. He does use veal, but that is just typical Gordon - using the most anti-vegetarian meat to serve to vegetarians. And what was with those people? There was surely a bit of TV smoke a mirrors going on there. I'm sure most of them agreed to try eating meat for the sake of the show, but are still vegetarians today.

Anyways, you guys that hate everyone who advocates eating meat must sure hate a lot of people...
#30 Old 10-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Personally, I don't "hate everyone who advocates eating meat." I personally don't try to convert people to vegetarianism, so I am a bit insulted when someone tries to "reform" vegetarians. Trust me, I'm no happier with the so-called vegetarians who stooped to participate in this sad little show. In the case of Ramsey, it was just one more nail in the coffin.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page