Least fav leap?

Fav song from the show?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Veggie Regular

1. Double Identity. "And don't talk with your hands!"

2. Al's gf Tina really cracked me up.

3. the SECOND leap within Double Identity. Either that, or Sam's first leap as a girl in "What Price Gloria?". "I didn't say I USED to be a man. I said I AM a man."

4. Probably that whole "evil leaper" storyline. Or the one in which Sam leaps in as Lee Harvey Oswald; I thought that was really idiotic.

5. Favorite song? Dunno. I always liked it whenever Sam played the piano, though, because Scott Bakula really CAN play the piano, it wasn't just some other guy's hands being shown.

*this space not for sale*
#3 Old 07-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular

We never see Tina, do we? We just hear about her, right? I haven't seen all the eps yet

I'll have to come back soon and answer my own questions, I need to see more eps first I've only seen about half.

I can tell you now that I LOVE Georgia on my mind in the show... its amazing. The story line with Al and his wife is sooooo sad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular

every so often there are rumors floating around about a QL movie. My response: NOT WITHOUT THE LATE, GREAT DENNIS WOLFBERG.

#5 Old 07-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Veggie Regular

No, Tina appeared in at least one episode, but I can't remember which one at the moment.

#6 Old 07-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

every so often there are rumors floating around about a QL movie. My response: NOT WITHOUT THE LATE, GREAT DENNIS WOLFBERG.

I've heard that, that would be AWEOSME. It wouldn't be the same without Gooshie Dean Stockwell is getting old, we need to film the movie QUICK!

Quote:

No, Tina appeared in at least one episode, but I can't remember which one at the moment.

I can always look it up, it's no biggy
#7 Old 07-16-2008, 05:49 PM

Hey There

My Mom Loves this show and we are rewatching they just started airing it again on ION tv channel its on mon-wed I believe...I think its a great show...my fave character is Al...I think he is a hoot and a half...I have so many fave eppys like when Sam is the Mom and the little girl knows its not her mom and she can see al...fave song is the opening...i like a long opens to tv shows.
#8 Old 07-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Yep, I'm watching them on ION too I have my cable box recording them, I'm behind 4 eps and will be 5 as of tonight.

Did you hear that the DVDs cut out the original music because they didn't want to pay royalties?

I just watched the ep you're talking about... where he leaps into the Mom of the kid who gets kidnapped. That was the first ep I saw on ION, it's how I figured out they were airing them

It's cool when Sam sings Imagine too I LOVE The Leap Home.
#9 Old 07-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Oooo....oooo!!!! Me. Me! :wave:

I'm a huge fan of Quantum Leap!

Fav ep? Oh, I have a couple, I think. Maybe I'm not a huge fan. I don't know any of the episode names and I usually memorize titles from other shows, like Star Trek.

*hits up imdb*

Looking back over the episode summaries, I can remember seeing almost all of them at one time or another.

I think I'm fond of "M.I.A." if that's the one with Beth, Al's wife. What a sad episode. I also really like "Shock Theater", where Sam has multiple personalities, and "The Leap Back" because Al's adorable when he has to be the leaper and Sam gets to spend time with Donna. Oh, there's also "Temptation Eyes" because of that really sappy song at the end when the moon's changing phases.

Fav character? Hard question. I love Sam and Al, of course. But I really like Donna, Sam's wife, because she's so lovely.

Fav leap? I liked the leap when Sam had to help the older white woman in "The Color of Truth" and he was her black chauffeur.

Least fav leap? I thought the evil leaper episodes were disjointed and out of place. There wasn't a whole lot of information given on Alia and Zooey.

Fav song from the show? I love when Sam sings "Imagine" in the "The Leap Home: Part Two".
#10 Old 07-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Veggie Regular

"The Color of Truth" That's where I came in, the first ep I watched. At first it seemed like a poor knockoff of "Driving Miss Daisy", but by the end of the ep I was hooked. I mean, REALLY hooked.

#11 Old 07-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I love Quantum Leap. I'm actually in the process of rewatching all of the episodes through Netflix. I've seen all of them, most multiple times, except a few from the last season.

Fav ep? I really like the trilogy episodes, "The Leap Home" and the one after that when he goes to Vietnam, and the episode when he's at the mental hospital and the one after that when he and Al switch places. I can still remember waiting all summer to find out what happened. It was torture.

Fav character? Sam.

Fav leap? Isn't that the same as 'fav ep?'

Least fav leap? The evil leaper was so stupid.

Fav song from the show? I like when Sam sings "Imagine" to his little sister. That's one of my favorite songs and that scene still makes me cry.

I believe Tina was in the episode when Sam and Al switched places.
#12 Old 07-20-2008, 12:04 AM
Veggie Regular

#13 Old 07-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Fav Leap and Fav Ep can be different... I like some of the concepts in some eps (who he leaps in to/what situation), but the eps weren't my fav.

I missed an episode on ION I had it recorded and my stupid tv deleted it... it only holds about 7 hours of stuff max while my sister's can hold 200+.... I need what she has. I missed "Rebel Without a Clue."
#14 Old 07-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Jees I haven't seen this show since I was at school, must be 15-years ago!

The two episodes that stick in my mind are the one where he is in Vietnam (Is that the MIA one?) and one where I think he plays a young Stephen King and meets the devil who is not chuffed with his leaping.

If I remember rightly, it all has a sad ending though? Does he not figure out he can never return home?

Oh boy . . .
#15 Old 07-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Where he's in Vietnam and saves his brother? The Leap Home II - Vietnam?

I like the Halloween one... he leaps into a writer who is friends with a young Stephen "Stevie" King. It's very funny, even though it's supposed to be creepy.

I remember the last episode, it's where he's in a bar with people who have the same names as the people in the QL project. That's all I remember... I think it was left open ended. There should be a movie made!
#16 Old 07-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Where he's in Vietnam and saves his brother? The Leap Home II - Vietnam?

I like the Halloween one... he leaps into a writer who is friends with a young Stephen "Stevie" King. It's very funny, even though it's supposed to be creepy.

That's the ones - In the Halloween one I remember Sam spinning round and round with someone who turns into a goat who is apparently the devil and who tells him to stop helping people out with his leaping antics . . . quite bizarre

Quote:

I remember the last episode, it's where he's in a bar with people who have the same names as the people in the QL project. That's all I remember... I think it was left open ended.

Sure I remember it being Sepia and quite sad . . . need to watch it again now but I have the feeling it wouldn't be the same (none of them would)

Quote:

There should be a movie made!

No
#17 Old 07-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Veggie Regular

But it all turned out to be a dream in the Halloween episode. The goat was cool... murderer goat

Yes, there should be a movie made!
#18 Old 07-23-2008, 06:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Fav ep?

The Color of Truth - when Sam leaps into the life of a black man in the South in 1955.

Fav character?

Al. I mean I like Sam (Scott B. is great) but Al was hilarious!

Fav leap?

What Price Gloria and 8 1/2 Months - Any leap where Sam leaps into a woman's life

Least fav leap?

Probably the Lee Harvey Oswald leap - it was sort of a lame idea.

Fav song from the show?

I don't know if I have one. But Scott Bakula singing "Volare" was kinda cool.

I am the user formerly known as MrsKey
#19 Old 07-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Veggie Regular

The Color of truth is good!

It's funny to see Sam as a woman I haven't seen 8 1/2 months pregnant in years.
#20 Old 07-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Veggie Regular

There are various pieces of dialogue from various eps floating around in my brain. One that sticks out from 8 1/2 months is when Sam (as an assistant in a beauty shop) accidentally dyes a customer's hair purple or something, and after the customer cussed out Sam in front of everyone, Sam says "it'll be big in the 80's."

#21 Old 07-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

There are various pieces of dialogue from various eps floating around in my brain. One that sticks out from 8 1/2 months is when Sam (as an assistant in a beauty shop) accidentally dyes a customer's hair purple or something, and after the customer cussed out Sam in front of everyone, Sam says "it'll be big in the 80's."

The customer then says, "Well, I don't care about A.Ds. I look ridiculous!"

"Leola looks like she could beam in Mars."

Completely para-phrasing. I love that episode.
#22 Old 07-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I just saw my first QL episode yesterday. I liked it! It was the one with the deaf dancer.
#23 Old 07-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iria View Post

I just saw my first QL episode yesterday. I liked it! It was the one with the deaf dancer.

I can't remember the title of the epi, but I recall some of the scenes. Pretty good.

#24 Old 07-23-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:

my mom was watching that one yesterday too...and todays about the lounge singer and the clutzy lady was a good one too....and my most fave eppys are the ones where sam is a woman..hehe.
#25 Old 07-24-2008, 02:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I love that episode I bet that one is saved on my tv, better save it quick before my DVR erases it!
#26 Old 07-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Veggie Regular

This is another favorite episode:

Quote:
Season 4, Episode 7: The Wrong Stuff - January 24, 1961

Original Air Date: 6 November 1991

Sam leaps into a chimpanzee used in the early days of the space program and has to save a fellow chimp from testing that will result in his death.

I remember it quite well. It's a good pro-AR episode. As a matter of fact, this episode won a Genesis Award (look 'em up).

#27 Old 07-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Oooo! I wanna see that one! I've heard of it, but have never seen it.
#28 Old 12-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! QL convention here in L.A. next March! http://www.leapback2009.com/

You ARE going, right, Heather?

#29 Old 12-04-2008, 01:30 PM

I loved Quantum Leap, I really liked Al as well.
#30 Old 12-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I hope that the complete series will come out soon. I would love to watch this series all the way through. Another one I thought kinda along the same vein as this was sliders. Not as good, but I remember watching a few episodes and liking the idea

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page