Beginner

ahh I see
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 05-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybaritik View Post

I don't think he eats properly. He's always looked sickly and underweight to me.

I wonder if he tried flax seed for his arthritis before giving up veganism or veggism....which ever one he is.

He used to be anorexic.

there was a song called "ana" or something..the lyrics,in part: ana wrecks your life...
#33 Old 05-08-2008, 11:07 PM

ana's song... i have that single. very sad song.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 05-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Beginner

Awesome band, everyone should love Silverchair.

http://chairpage.com/media/filter/audio/
#35 Old 05-13-2008, 06:53 AM
Beginner

I've still yet to find any interviews with him confirming that he IS vegan... still looking... still hoping.. lol.
#36 Old 05-13-2008, 07:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidAnne View Post

there was a song called "ana" or something..the lyrics,in part: ana wrecks your life...

I remember the fuss about the song when it came out now.

I completely forgot it because I'm not really into that kind of music.
#37 Old 05-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Veggie Regular

It's likely that his veganism was tied to his ed and if he's in recovery now....well, I guess there's no need to be vegan anymore. Especially if the decision to go vegan was a restricting issue instead of an ethical one.

I never liked Silverchair.
#38 Old 05-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Girl View Post

It's likely that his veganism was tied to his ed and if he's in recovery now....well, I guess there's no need to be vegan anymore. Especially if the decision to go vegan was a restricting issue instead of an ethical one.

I never liked Silverchair.

No, he's been an advocate for animal rights since he was about.. 16/17 I think. The eating disorder came later.

Here is the latest article I could find on the web but it's gotta be from around 2002. Because they talk about touring in 2003. He's recovering from his reactive arthritis and still a vegan so I don't understand why he would not be vegan now... but I haven't heard anything disproving the rumors (maybe they're too busy disproving the gay rumors..lol)

http://www.vegetarianteen.com/interviews/djohns.shtml

He's also still listed in lots of places on PETA's site so overall.. I dunno. Definitely not into veganism for the eating disorder though.
#39 Old 05-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for correcting my assumptions.

I was posting a knee-jerk comment based on personal sensitivity.

Sorry!
#40 Old 05-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Girl View Post

Thanks for correcting my assumptions.

I was posting a knee-jerk comment based on personal sensitivity.

Sorry!

Oh no problem! I understand it gets frustrating when you have a lot of people that go in and out of veg*ism because of the "fad" factor... it's ridiculous.. that's why I'm hoping that the rumors aren't true! It's all hearsay so far... I wish I could walk up to the man and ask him himself (but I don't know if I could contain myself if I had that ability.. oi.. lol), I don't see how anyone could go from being an AR activist/vegan to simply... letting it go. But it happens.. I don't understand why... but it does.

Most people I've spoken to who have gone from being veg to not being veg are ashamed or disappointed in themselves... I just don't understand why they do it.

So I haven't seen any evidence of Mr. Johns returning to a omni lifestyle, I've only heard from people who pay closer attention to him than I do (lol) and well.. that's not enough for me. So I'm looking for someone to prove that he still is!
#41 Old 05-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Beginner

So I emailed PETA figuring if anyone would know it would be them since he's done PSA's for them, etc and I'm sure they wouldn't have nominated him for World's Sexiest Vegetarian if he wasn't veggie anymore.

They responded by saying that as far as they know he's still vegan.

Good enough for me! lol
#42 Old 05-16-2008, 11:13 PM

sweet
#43 Old 05-17-2008, 12:26 AM
Veggie Regular

PETA is the worst source imaginable to trust about veg*n celebrities. They had Coldplay's singer voted as the sexiest vegetarian despite the fact that he eats fish, and generally they seem to put anyone on the veg*n celebrities list simply on the basis of statements like "I don't like the taste of meatballs".

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#44 Old 05-17-2008, 12:50 AM
Bof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

PETA is the worst source imaginable to trust about veg*n celebrities. They had Coldplay's singer voted as the sexiest vegetarian despite the fact that he eats fish, and generally they seem to put anyone on the veg*n celebrities list simply on the basis of statements like "I don't like the taste of meatballs".

I've yet to see a 100% accurate list of vegetarians, published by anyone.

There's a lot of misinformation, exacerbated by people changing their eating habits over time.

Of course, veg and AR organisations tend to claim celebrities on little, or no, evidence.

It's always good to single out PETA though.
#45 Old 05-17-2008, 01:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bof View Post

It's one thing to list celebs who may change their diets or identify their diets incorrectly. It's another thing to list celebs without a shred of actual evidence.

Quote:

Many of the "famous veggies" lists are equally ****ed up, in the sense that they list many historical figures as veg*ns simply on the basis of statements like "we should care about animals" or "meat is somewhat unhealthy". But the over-the-top Coldplay thing makes PETA's lists special, and they have more visibility than other lists.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#46 Old 05-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

Come to think of it, I haven't seen Michael, Diana, Sevenseas or BOF on any famous veg*an lists at all. What's up with that? That's enough proof that those lists are flawed. Case closed.

Exactly

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#47 Old 05-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Beginner

shh don't crush my hope lol.

-fingers crossed-

Please let Daniel be vegan, please let Daniel be vegan.
#48 Old 05-19-2008, 12:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bof View Post

There's a lot of misinformation, exacerbated by people changing their eating habits over time.

Of course, veg and AR organisations tend to claim celebrities on little, or no, evidence.

I actually did my thesis on vegetarians and vegans with a special emphasis on lists and the only reliable list I found was this one:

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...22&postcount=1

This list even has a section for those who are commonly thought to be veg*n but aren't.
#49 Old 05-19-2008, 01:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Wait, I just did an internet search for "reliable vegetarian list" and this one came up:

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...77&postcount=1
#50 Old 05-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Apparently this is an issue for others:

Quote:
So I decided to start compiling a list of vegetarian physicians, or at least those who advocate vegetarian diets, to demonstrate that there are professionals in the medical community who recognize the health advantages of vegetarian diets.

I welcome submissions to this page. Candidates should be credentialed physicians in any country, and their credentials and support of vegetarianism should be listed on a credible website. I won't list a doctor in this section based on hearsay.

http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/doctors.html
#51 Old 05-19-2008, 07:30 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sun View Post

Apparently this is an issue for others:

http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/doctors.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sun View Post

I actually did my thesis on vegetarians and vegans with a special emphasis on lists and the only reliable list I found was this one:

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...22&postcount=1

This list even has a section for those who are commonly thought to be veg*n but aren't.

That's cool, I don't know about Avril Levigne though I remember years ago I saw an article with her talking about how she was basically vegetarian but would occasionally eat hamburgers... so... yeah.. but that was years ago so maybe she's gone veggie since then.

The question about Daniel isn't whether he was ever really vegan, he's done a lot of interviews in the past about his choice on going vegan, but whether he still is because with the last tour they did I've heard random rumors about him not being vegan anymore... but they could just be that. I haven't heard anything recently on whether he still is or not and noone asks him about it anymore in interviews. They still ask the same damn questions about how Silverchair started and are more concerned with whether or not he's gay.

lol
#52 Old 03-27-2011, 06:13 PM

I can't remember which Youtube video it was (probably "Spawn Again"), but I once saw a comment on there saying that there was a picture of him (or someone saw him) eating a bag of Doritos. Some, but not all, Doritos contain pork rennet. And it contains cheese and beef enzymes so that wouldn't even make it vegetarian, right? Then again this website (link removed) says that Frito-Lays now makes 100% Vegan Doritos (the Spicy Sweet Chili kind). However, an uncredited source on Yahoo Answers says that those aren't vegetarian nor vegan. So I'm confuzzled.
He could be a pescatarian now...if the rumors are that he eats fish.
(We all have different opinions on words associated with vegetarianism like pescetarianism, l/o vegetarianism, etc. Some believe you are either a plain vegetarian or you're not. I think he will always be amazing for being vegan for so long and for supporting animal rights.)

STILL...I would marry him in a second.
Lastly, I leave you with this:
Bom chicka wow wow! lol
http://melificent.com/wp-content/upl...84-328x500.jpg
#53 Old 03-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey good for him. He has always been an inspiration to me so whatever he needs to do to feel happy, I fully support that. For all we know this may just be a temporary thing. He might go back to veganism someday.

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#54 Old 03-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post

Hey good for him. He has always been an inspiration to me so whatever he needs to do to feel happy, I fully support that. For all we know this may just be a temporary thing. He might go back to veganism someday.

This thread is from 2008.
#55 Old 03-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

This thread is from 2008.

Why has it been revived, then? It was the first thread I saw in the forum. Ah well!!

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#56 Old 03-28-2011, 01:14 AM
Super Moderator

Aw, 2 posters who passed away posted in this thread
#57 Old 03-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Veggie Regular

This thread is so old Daniel Johns is no longer famous, never mind vegan.

m8itcanw8.com
#58 Old 03-28-2011, 01:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishani View Post

This thread is so old Daniel Johns is no longer famous, never mind vegan.

#59 Old 03-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Veggie Regular

I never heard of the Dude so LOL it just random people joining and reviving threads. I see an epidemic here latley.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page