VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   The Entertainment Forum (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/18-entertainment-forum/)
-   -   X-Files fans HERE! (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/18-entertainment-forum/80534-x-files-fans-here.html)

danakscully64 04-16-2008 08:10 PM

Hey everyone! I know I've talked a lot about XF lately with people on other threads, going way off topic, so I thought I'd start a seperate thread for the BEST SHOW EVER!



So, fans.... what is your favorite episode?



Shipper (Want Mulder + Scully) or NoRoMo (believe Mulder and Scully shouldn't be together)?



Favorite character?



----------



I figure I should answer my own questions as well.



Favorite episodes: Syzygy, Bad Blood, How the Ghosts Stole Christmas, Paper Hearts, 4-D, Triangle, Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, Small Potatoes, The Post-Modern Prometheus, Arcadia, Monday, Milagro, The Unnatural, Roadrunners, Empedocles, and Daemonicus.



Shipper / NoRomo: SHIPPER 100%. I better be considering I've been paying $15 a month since 2001 for my Shippers X website.



Favorite Character: Can't pick just one... Mulder and Scully rock in their own ways. Supporting character, definately Alex Krycek I guess I have a thing for one-armed hit men.

fadeaway1289 04-16-2008 09:48 PM

Hmm..favorite episode? Well I can't pick just one. I have several. Most of my favs are the funnier ones though. One favorite episode (maybe "Kill Switch was the title?) where Mulder switches bodies with Morris Fletcher. Such a great episode. Also the vampire episode with Luke Wilson guest starring. Scully makes him out to be this amazingly hot guy and Mulder views him as a buck tooth dumbass. I like when they take a break from being all serious and throw in some comedy every once in awhile.



The episode with the imbreed family disturbed the hell outta me though. That woman under the bed on the wheely thingy.....freaky!



My favorite character of course is Mulder. And I am all about Mulder and Scully being together!

Waikikamukau 04-16-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

So, fans.... what is your favorite episode?



Favorite character?



Favorite character is definitely Mulder... The show took a nosedive when he left, but I did keep watching... and I was glad to see him return. Hmm, favorite episode... Well, I really appreciated the one in which they finished up the Millennium plot, just because I watched that whole show and was pissed when it got canceled! I can't say that is my favorite, though...



Hmm I dunno. My least favorite is the killer video game one.



Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

The episode with the imbreed family disturbed the hell outta me though.



Doh that's three or four people talking about this episode, I need to see it

Waikikamukau 04-16-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Shipper (Want Mulder + Scully) or NoRoMo (believe Mulder and Scully shouldn't be together)?



What does NoRoMo mean?



And... hmm. I guess they should probably be together, but only in the last minute of the world.

IamJen 04-17-2008 04:15 AM

I was just reading yesterday that they officially released the name of the new movie.

danakscully64 04-17-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Hmm..favorite episode? Well I can't pick just one. I have several. Most of my favs are the funnier ones though. One favorite episode (maybe "Kill Switch was the title?) where Mulder switches bodies with Morris Fletcher. Such a great episode. Also the vampire episode with Luke Wilson guest starring. Scully makes him out to be this amazingly hot guy and Mulder views him as a buck tooth dumbass. I like when they take a break from being all serious and throw in some comedy every once in awhile.



The eps where Mulder and Fletcher switch bodies is Dreamland and Dreamland 2. Those 2 are hilarious, especially when Fletcher tries to get Scully into bed



The vampire ep with Luke Wilson is Bad Blood. That's definately one of my favs! It's in my top 3. (Shaft, can you dig it? ) I think there are so many quotable lines from that ep... I use them in my everyday life!



Quote:
The episode with the imbreed family disturbed the hell outta me though. That woman under the bed on the wheely thingy.....freaky!



My favorite character of course is Mulder. And I am all about Mulder and Scully being together!





That ep is called Home. It is creepy, was even banned from tv for a while. The song in the episode, Wonderful Wonderful, is my ringtone for when my Home calls. Being a dork, I think that's funny.



Mulder is hot... Scully rocks.... but for the longest time, I had a thing for Krycek. I don't know why.



And I'm definately a shipper, even have my own shipper site that is in desperate need of an update!



http://shippersx.com

TreeManEarthSteward 04-17-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:
I Want to Believe" comes 10 years after the first film and six years after the finale of the series, whose opening credits for much of its nine-year run featured the catch-phrase "the truth is out there."



The Truth is next door. I want to believe I have no neighbors.

danakscully64 04-17-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waikikamukau View Post

Favorite character is definitely Mulder... The show took a nosedive when he left, but I did keep watching... and I was glad to see him return. Hmm, favorite episode... Well, I really appreciated the one in which they finished up the Millennium plot, just because I watched that whole show and was pissed when it got canceled! I can't say that is my favorite, though...



Hmm I dunno. My least favorite is the killer video game one.



I think the show did well with the resources they had. I was glad when he came back. While I'm a huge fan now, I was a fanatic before. I'll have to show you guys a pic of my XF collection.



Millennium is a good ep. I just watched it. I never got into Millennium because the show ended right when I started watching The X-Files, but the eps I have seen as reruns were good. I would love to buy the DVDs, but they're so expensive. I can get them on Amazon for $80, but I don't really have the money now for extra stuff.



Are you seriously saying your least favorite episode was First Person Shooter? The ep with the Lone Gunmen (TLG)? What kind of guy are you!?





Quote:
Doh that's three or four people talking about this episode, I need to see it



If you lived nearby, you could come and watch it here. Bummer you don't. It's titled "Home," so keep an eye out for when Sci Fi runs marathons. TNT still airs X-Files I believe.

danakscully64 04-17-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waikikamukau View Post

What does NoRoMo mean?



And... hmm. I guess they should probably be together, but only in the last minute of the world.



No Romance. Here's an X-Files dictionary.



Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

I was just reading yesterday that they officially released the name of the new movie.



Isn't that awesome? I was hoping for a cooler title, but I'll take what I can get June 19th will be the 10th anniversary of the day the 1st movie was released. The series finale aired on May 19th, 2002 (in the US). I remember it like it was yesterday.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GothUK View Post

The Truth is next door. I want to believe I have no neighbors.




Waikikamukau 04-17-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

No Romance. Here's an X-Files dictionary.



Oh, okay. I thought "No Ro" meant No Romance, I couldn't figure out what the hell "Mo" was



Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I think the show did well with the resources they had. I was glad when he came back. While I'm a huge fan now, I was a fanatic before. I'll have to show you guys a pic of my XF collection.



Millennium is a good ep. I just watched it. I never got into Millennium because the show ended right when I started watching The X-Files, but the eps I have seen as reruns were good. I would love to buy the DVDs, but they're so expensive. I can get them on Amazon for $80, but I don't really have the money now for extra stuff.



Oh I wasn't saying that I thought the show was bad after Mulder; I did keep watching it. But it just wasn't as good... I missed him, he was a cool guy! And Scully was like some weird side kick that showed up every now and again, what the hell. It just didn't work out as well for me. But then Mulder came back... woohoo.



Holy crap I just looked up Millennium, I hadn't realized that it ran for 3 seaons! It really didn't seem that long. Now I have to wonder if I watched the whole thing!! It's hard to remember, I guess I was 12-15 during the time it was running. Hrm. But I do remember watching when it first started, and I do remember when they canceled it... Yikes, its only listing on eBay is 56 dollars US including S&H. I think I won't be checking to see if I've seen it all any time soon!



Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Are you seriously saying your least favorite episode was First Person Shooter? The ep with the Lone Gunmen (TLG)? What kind of guy are you!?



Is that their first appearance? I'm talking about the episode where the video game gets a mind of its own, it's like some evil woman, and starts killing off the guys playing it. I wasn't a fan of that one And yeah, I suck at being a guy, thanks for pointing it out



Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

It's titled "Home," so keep an eye out for when Sci Fi runs marathons. TNT still airs X-Files I believe.



Well, I do plan to buy the show eventually... But I'm still working my way through finishing Buffy The Vampire Slayer and haven't even seen its spin-off Angel, so I'd feel bad starting a new series in the middle of that!! And I have seen at least 90% of the X-Files episodes anyway... I just must've missed that one because it was banned. So I'll try to see if it's on... Sci Fi and TNT okay, thanks. I'll keep an eye out if I can remember.



The episode is out there...

danakscully64 04-17-2008 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waikikamukau View Post

Oh, okay. I thought "No Ro" meant No Romance, I couldn't figure out what the hell "Mo" was



Sorry, that was my fault because I didn't mean to capitalize the M. Another one I write often is MoHoRo, so I just did it out of habit.







Quote:
Oh I wasn't saying that I thought the show was bad after Mulder; I did keep watching it. But it just wasn't as good... I missed him, he was a cool guy! And Scully was like some weird side kick that showed up every now and again, what the hell. It just didn't work out as well for me. But then Mulder came back... woohoo.



I didn't think you thought it was bad, it just wasn't the same, I know. Scully did take the back burner for a while because she was pregnant with Mulder's love child



Quote:
Holy crap I just looked up Millennium, I hadn't realized that it ran for 3 seaons! It really didn't seem that long. Now I have to wonder if I watched the whole thing!! It's hard to remember, I guess I was 12-15 during the time it was running. Hrm. But I do remember watching when it first started, and I do remember when they canceled it... Yikes, its only listing on eBay is 56 dollars US including S&H. I think I won't be checking to see if I've seen it all any time soon!



Yeah, but I believe season 3 was cut a little short. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. Millennium is on my list of DVDs I must get. I already have the Lone Gunmen. I thought the show was pretty funny, lame, but funny.





Quote:
Is that their first appearance? I'm talking about the episode where the video game gets a mind of its own, it's like some evil woman, and starts killing off the guys playing it. I wasn't a fan of that one And yeah, I suck at being a guy, thanks for pointing it out



First Person Shooter is season 7. I liked how Scully came in at the end and kicked butt! I watched the ep a few days ago, I think it's funny. I'm thinking about changing my name to Jade Blue Afterglow..





Quote:
Well, I do plan to buy the show eventually... But I'm still working my way through finishing Buffy The Vampire Slayer and haven't even seen its spin-off Angel, so I'd feel bad starting a new series in the middle of that!! And I have seen at least 90% of the X-Files episodes anyway... I just must've missed that one because it was banned. So I'll try to see if it's on... Sci Fi and TNT okay, thanks. I'll keep an eye out if I can remember.



The episode is out there...



Buy it now... if you don't buy it soon, when the aliens come to colonize, they won't show you any mercy if you don't have all 9 seasons. The ep that was banned was only taken off air for a few years... they replayed it for the first time on Halloween in 1999. It was exciting. I'm actually in the process of watching 2 tv shows in order... XF (so my bf gets to see them all) and JAG.

eggplant 04-17-2008 01:37 PM

I'm a big x-files fan, mostly because I'm in love with Mulder. I am not a shipper. Actually, I would have been pretty happy if Mulder and Skinner had hooked up.



I think Bad Blood is my favorite episode. I also liked the one with the inbred family--I liked the mixure of disturbing and tragic with funny in that episode. I liked those episodes with the guy who eats other people's livers and can stretch his body like plastic man. Whoever that actor was, he was creepy. I like a bunch of other ones too, mostly the stand-alone episodes.



The worst episode I can remember seeing was an early one involving the space program. I can't really remember the plot, but I just remember it was really dumb. Another really terrible early one was an episode involving an office building's security system that turned on people. It was a huge rip-off of 2001: A Space Odyssey. I'm not a huge fan of the episodes involving the government consipracy and the aliens and all that, only because it seemed after awhile that the writers really had no idea where things were going and that they were just being mysterious for the sake of being mysterious. It was really annoying after awhile. And it used to bug me when the smoking man would make some really cryptic remark and no one would just say, what the hell are you talking about!?!? I mean in real life, you don't just let it go when someone says something to you that makes no sense. So I wasn't a huge fan of the finale. It seemed like the writers had written themselves into a corner and had no way out.



So, yeah, I'm a fan. I hope the new movie doesn't suck too badly.

Waikikamukau 04-17-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

Actually, I would have been pretty happy if Mulder and Skinner had hooked up.







Skinner wasn't interested; the Cigarette Smoking Man replied to Mulder's add on craigslist but Mulder said "no thx u smoke 2 much 4 me plus itz rude just 2 send a pic of ur junk"



...



Um yeah.



Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Another one I write often is MoHoRo



I'm thinking about changing my name to Jade Blue Afterglow..



More House Robots? I agree. I'd really like one to be my maid... As long as they don't gain sentience, then I'd have to campaign for Robot Rights. Doh!



You can't be Jade Blue Afterglow! Her name was inspired from some "Jade Blue Eclipse"



So you have to change the last word to make it your own! You could be Jade Blue Vegetarian or Jade Blue Chinchilla or Jade Blue Utilitarian!



Just call me Jade Blue Waikikamukau...

lunatilian 04-17-2008 05:53 PM

ooh i'm in.



i can't choose my fav episode right now but i'm in the process of watching the entire series on dvd right now. just finished season one today and i'm really impressed that so many excellent episodes are from season one.



i'm definitely looking forward to "the pusher", i think it's from season 3 or 4.

danakscully64 04-17-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

I'm a big x-files fan, mostly because I'm in love with Mulder. I am not a shipper. Actually, I would have been pretty happy if Mulder and Skinner had hooked up.



There are plenty of fanfics out there that you would enjoy then



Quote:
I liked those episodes with the guy who eats other people's livers and can stretch his body like plastic man. Whoever that actor was, he was creepy. I like a bunch of other ones too, mostly the stand-alone episodes.



Squeeze and Tooms, both featuring Eugene Victor Tooms. Love him! The actor is Doug Hutchinson... he's awesome (and has my birthday).



Quote:
The worst episode I can remember seeing was an early one involving the space program. I can't really remember the plot, but I just remember it was really dumb. Another really terrible early one was an episode involving an office building's security system that turned on people. It was a huge rip-off of 2001: A Space Odyssey. I'm not a huge fan of the episodes involving the government consipracy and the aliens and all that, only because it seemed after awhile that the writers really had no idea where things were going and that they were just being mysterious for the sake of being mysterious. It was really annoying after awhile. And it used to bug me when the smoking man would make some really cryptic remark and no one would just say, what the hell are you talking about!?!? I mean in real life, you don't just let it go when someone says something to you that makes no sense. So I wasn't a huge fan of the finale. It seemed like the writers had written themselves into a corner and had no way out.



So, yeah, I'm a fan. I hope the new movie doesn't suck too badly.



Space sucks. That's my least fav episode... sadly, it was the most expensive ep in season 1 to shoot. The other ep is called Ghost in the Machine, also one of the ones I don't care for. There's a really funny blooper from that ep where Gillian (GA) unzips David's (DD) pants with her mouth.



I think no one said "what the hell are you talking about" because they understood his craziness. Loved CSM.



I'm praying that the movie is at least half-way decent. I deserve that much!

danakscully64 04-17-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waikikamukau View Post





Skinner wasn't interested; the Cigarette Smoking Man replied to Mulder's add on craigslist but Mulder said "no thx u smoke 2 much 4 me plus itz rude just 2 send a pic of ur junk"



...



Um yeah.



You nut!





Quote:
More House Robots? I agree. I'd really like one to be my maid... As long as they don't gain sentience, then I'd have to campaign for Robot Rights. Doh!



You can't be Jade Blue Afterglow! Her name was inspired from some "Jade Blue Eclipse"



So you have to change the last word to make it your own! You could be Jade Blue Vegetarian or Jade Blue Chinchilla or Jade Blue Utilitarian!



Just call me Jade Blue Waikikamukau...





Yes, More House Robots



But Jade Blue Afterglow was a hot hooker... I want to be just like her! I guess I'll settle for Jade Blue Chinchilla

danakscully64 04-17-2008 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatilian View Post

ooh i'm in.



i can't choose my fav episode right now but i'm in the process of watching the entire series on dvd right now. just finished season one today and i'm really impressed that so many excellent episodes are from season one.



i'm definitely looking forward to "the pusher", i think it's from season 3 or 4.



Season 1 was pretty cool, but the style really dates itself Scully's hair, Mulder's suits... classic



Pusher is excellent. It's from season 3. The character Robert Patrick Modell comes back in Season 5 as well in Kitsungari

Waikikamukau 04-17-2008 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I guess I'll settle for Jade Blue Chinchilla



I'm sure you're very proud to be a "Senior Member" but perhaps that could be your new title!



And uh, you want to be a hot hooker, huh? That's quite the confession!!

danakscully64 04-17-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waikikamukau View Post

I'm sure you're very proud to be a "Senior Member" but perhaps that could be your new title!



And uh, you want to be a hot hooker, huh? That's quite the confession!!



Very proud. I'll consider changing it...



You bring out a a side of me I never knew I had!

lunatilian 04-17-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Season 1 was pretty cool, but the style really dates itself Scully's hair, Mulder's suits... classic

but that's part of what makes it so great!



season 2 starts next week

Waikikamukau 04-17-2008 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

You bring out a a side of me I never knew I had!



I bring out your hooker side?



I'll start making calls to DD, maybe he's interested... This could get you somewhere big, kid!

danakscully64 04-17-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatilian View Post

but that's part of what makes it so great!



season 2 starts next week



YAY! My fav seasons are 3 and 6 I mean, they all rock, but these seem to have the best eps.

danakscully64 04-17-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waikikamukau View Post

I bring out your hooker side?



I'll start making calls to DD, maybe he's interested... This could get you somewhere big, kid!



I guess so!



DD I had a dream about him the other night...

Waikikamukau 04-17-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

DD I had a dream about him the other night...



Well, are you going to share with the rest of the class?



I bet you're such a fan you own everything he did in The Red Shoe Diaries. Weirdo!

danakscully64 04-17-2008 09:46 PM

In my dream, I just met him in a Vegas-like place. Nothing graphic (at least in that part of the dream with him)



No, I don't own RSD, but when I was 13, if I saw it coming on, I'd stay up just to watch the opener with him in it. I sat through a lot of crappy movies for DD.... Kalifornia... Playing God... The Rapture...

LifeDrngWartime 04-17-2008 10:06 PM

X-Files? Spiffy.



Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post




So, fans.... what is your favorite episode?



Shipper (Want Mulder + Scully) or NoRoMo (believe Mulder and Scully shouldn't be together)?



Favorite character?



EBE, Darkness Falls, Deep Throat, Anasazi, Ascension, Humbug, Conduit, Little Green Men, Jose Chung's, among others.



More of a Noromo.



It'd have to be Mulder.

danakscully64 04-17-2008 10:08 PM

You must be a real fan since you know the names!



Okay guys, without looking it up on the internet (The lone gunmen will know you're cheating), what ep is this from:



"Mulder, you may not be who you are?"

LifeDrngWartime 04-17-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

You must be a real fan since you know the names!



Okay guys, without looking it up on the internet (The lone gunmen will know you're cheating), what ep is this from:



"Mulder, you may not be who you are?"



Ice! Season 1. It's no fair for me to play, I'll get 'em all.

LifeDrngWartime 04-17-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

Actually, I would have been pretty happy if Mulder and Skinner had hooked up.



Where's the bleach? Gotta wash my eyes.



Quote:
The worst episode I can remember seeing was an early one involving the space program. I can't really remember the plot, but I just remember it was really dumb. Another really terrible early one was an episode involving an office building's security system that turned on people. It was a huge rip-off of 2001: A Space Odyssey.



That first one would be the notorious Space from season 1. Action-packed with stock footage and people waiting in a room, plus a sweaty astronaut posessed by the face on Mars.



The second one is Ghost in The Machine from season 1. Not one of the greatest either.

Waikikamukau 04-17-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

No, I don't own RSD, but when I was 13, if I saw it coming on, I'd stay up just to watch the opener with him in it. I sat through a lot of crappy movies for DD.... Kalifornia... Playing God...



Geez, you were watching softcore porn at 13? Shame on you!



I didn't think either of those movies were crappy Maybe not awesome, but they were fun enough.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.