X-Files fans HERE! - Page 24 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#691 Old 03-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

If the show had started a few years later, I might have watched it when it first aired I was 12 when I started in 1999.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#692 Old 03-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

There are 2, actually. Not the same, it's gotta be Gillian and David I've seen bits of the first one, it's just okay. The Skinner cast is ugly, Mitch is at least sexy. And the end scene with M&S has.... toe sucking

After some of the grossly violent things that happen to people in X-Files, toe-sucking is a problem??!!...

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#693 Old 03-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

After some of the grossly violent things that happen to people in X-Files, toe-sucking is a problem??!!...

Yes, yes it is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#694 Old 03-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Quote:

Yes, yes it is

#695 Old 03-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator

No one else finds it gross? It's a step above The Peacock family (inbreeders).
#696 Old 03-02-2012, 05:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

No one else finds it gross? It's a step above The Peacock family (inbreeders).

I find it disgusting. Feet are nasty.

There have been so truly disgusting X-Files moments though that weren't foot related.
#697 Old 03-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I find it disgusting. Feet are nasty.

There have been so truly disgusting X-Files moments though that weren't foot related.

It makes me cringe just thinking about it. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
#698 Old 03-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Dusted off the dvd's and watched a few of my favorite episodes this week:

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
Detour
Jose Chung's From Outer Space
Darkness Falls
Drive
Bad Blood
Home

Everyone has their personal favorites of course so my list is somewhat subjective but Jose Chung will always be my personal favorite due to my love of both X-Files and Charles Nelson Reilly. Plus it just has some great lines:

"One of them was disguised as a woman, but wasn't pulling it off."

#699 Old 03-14-2012, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Those are all good ones Drive isn't a favorite of mine, but the rest are.

I've watched Jose Chung's FOS a few times in the last few months. I love it. That's one of my favorite lines too. Poor Scully "Her hair was too red."
#700 Old 03-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I've watched Jose Chung's FOS a few times in the last few months. I love it.

Jose Chung is my go-to episode when I'm jonesing for some X-Files but only have time to watch one episode. It just freaking rocks.

"I didn't spend all those years playing Dungeons and Dragons and not learn a little something about courage."

#701 Old 03-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

^^ Another favorite quote of mine.

"Love... is that all you men think about?"

"I know how crazy this is going to sound, but... I want to be abducted by aliens. I hate this town. I hate... people. I just want to be taken away to someplace where I... I don't have to worry about finding a job. "

Maybe I want to get abducted too, with this economy.
#702 Old 03-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Drive isn't a favorite of mine...

I can't help myself, I love exploding heads!
#703 Old 03-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

I can't help myself, I love exploding heads!

Ewww.... I think a dog dies in the episode
#704 Old 04-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

My name is Heather and I'm addicted to X-Files fanfic.
#705 Old 04-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Are there any updates about the 3rd movie?
#706 Old 04-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Gillian and David are both down for another movie. I have a feeling Chris Carter is just trying to get the green light from FOX. I say we just kidnap David and Gillian and make them act out smutty X-Files fan fiction. Who's with me?
#707 Old 04-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Veggie Regular

David has certainly had enough practice acting out smutty fiction.
#708 Old 04-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Yes he does. Lets bring Nick Lea in for safe measure to, I love me some Krycek He's mine though.
#709 Old 04-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator

#710 Old 02-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Bump!

#711 Old 02-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Never Again Tattoo. This is on my friend's arm:

These are awesome too:

#712 Old 08-24-2013, 03:12 AM
Veggie Regular

What is your X-Files tattoo, danakscully64?

#713 Old 08-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome back, stranger! What's been going on with you?

No tattoos for me, ain't nobody got money for that.

#714 Old 08-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh you know, old man stuff. Married, house, no kids thankfully. I did get Scully pregnant, though. That's why I was gone. Didn't the guy replacing me fill you in?

No money for tattoos? That's no fun. Must be the chinchillas. You should get VB to foot the bill, looks like you're official now!

#715 Old 08-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waikikamukau View Post

Oh you know, old man stuff. Married, house, no kids thankfully. I did get Scully pregnant, though. That's why I was gone. Didn't the guy replacing me fill you in?

No money for tattoos? That's no fun. Must be the chinchillas. You should get VB to foot the bill, looks like you're official now!

Very nice. I'm still not married, no house, only fur babies. I got Scully pregnant too. That was weird.

Official, so keep yourself in check! Or I will. Muhahaha.

Why did you leave us? You need to stay! I like you!

#716 Old 08-26-2013, 04:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I no so good at this American writing of forums. You are saying to me that you are going to be writing me a check? Oh-kay, thank you very much Miss American. You make this check out to me here at Mr. Why Kick a Moo Cow, yes? Thank you very much.

...Wait, you got Scully pregnant? I never ever considered getting a DNA test for our baby. It has big black eyes and grey skin. I didn't think it looked anything like me, but I just wanted to be a good guy. Are you saying it's yours? I'm glad I came back, the truth was out there and I found it here!!

Yeah I don't know why I left. I did stop being vegan and kind of lost my passion, I guess. I went back to vegetarian a few years ago... I may go vegan again at some point in my life, but I don't feel all rabid about certain things like I used to. It's not that I don't care, it's just that I am not fired up.

I have a funny reason for coming back, actually. My wife and I have been slowly making our way through shows on Netflix and we recently started watching Supernatural, at her urging. I thought I would hate it but I am actually a fan; I do, however, notice that it is incredibly inspired by X-Files (and Buffy, it's like their baby). Thinking about X-Files got my thinking about this forum and I figured I'd check it out again. Also, we're going to watch X-Files after Supernatural; she has never seen it and it has been over a decade for me, so that'll be fun.

You like me? Like, like like me? OH GOODY! I always knew it. I will tell me wife that you're moving in. She'll finally have a sister wife, YAY!

#717 Old 08-27-2013, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Good try.

Oh good, then that baby wasn't mine either. I have green eyes and white skin. Whew! I'm good.

I'm in the same boat, still a vegetarian, but not fired up. Too much crazy life stuff.

Yay for watching X-Files after Supernatural. XF is better, of course. My boyfriend and I have been making our way through the show since we started dating 2 1/2 years ago. We're finally at season 7 and watching them more frequently now. Orison is next, such a good episode. I'm back in X-Files mode. My other favorite show that I can't get enough of is Castle. Check it out if you haven't already.

Sister wife? You're gonna have to talk to my man first. And are you sure you're okay with 6 pets coming with me?

#718 Old 08-28-2013, 01:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Green eyes and white skin? What kind of freaky thing are yo... oh wait I think I have those things too.

Yeah I don't know, it's an age and life weighing on you thing, it's harder to be passionate, I guess? I know when I first started at 17 I was like "LET'S BURN IT DOWN!" and now I'm like "Meat commercial... change the channel... ehh nevermind"

I will reserve my judgement on whether I prefer X-Files or Supernatural until I have rewatched it, but I was definitely a fan during its original run.

2 1/2 years, that's a good amount of time. That must make him a different one since I was here last. When is he going to put a chinchilla on it?

6 pets? Hmm. My mom has 7 cats and a dog and I think she is going to die within the next few years (diabetes and a heavy smoker, isn't doing anything about either) so we're kind of freaking out about how many pets we will have... I don't think I can take 6 more. Sorry, danakscully64, you'll have to look elsewhere to fulfill your mormon fantasies.

#719 Old 08-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

The guy I was with for 6 years broke up with me 3 years ago this month. I met Wes in January of 2011. He's a good guy, a better person than my ex, that's for sure. No more chinchillas!!! No rush to get married, we're both trying to get our stuff together now.

Cats are easy, I wouldn't worry about taking them all on. If you get an inheritance, just buy a cat food company so you can have an unlimited supply. You'll need it.

On topic: I was listening to a Pod cast about the 1st XF movie. They were pretty hard on it. I laughed because I knew they were going to review the 2nd movie. Even I admit that the 2nd movie is awful. Horrible. That was a fun one to listen to also. It's free on iTunes if you're interested.

#720 Old 08-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Ouch, sorry to hear that; glad this one is working well for you. What do you mean no more chinchillas???

Cats are easy, sure, but we already have 2. That will make 9 cats... It's a little terrifying, but I don't want to give them up or anything. We'll just have a full house. I am thinking of building one of those big cat cages on the side of the house so they can be "outdoors" and have some more space. Inheritance? HAH! Unfortunately, no. These cats come burdened with debt. Credit companies are doing that now, right?

I don't actually think that I have seen any of the X-Files movies. If I have it has been long enough that I don't remember them. Honestly I can probably only give a generic recap of a dozen episodes at best... Let me think of the ones I can recall:

I can think of the one where they are on a movie set with people playing them

The Millenium episode

The one with the kid that is a monster that eats people

The killer tobacco bugs one

The video game one

...Wow this is sad, that is seriously all of the episodes that I can recall off of the top of my head, and the details of them are fuzzy. To be fair it's been over a decade, and I didn't watch consistently after Mulder was gone. It does seem like a good time to rewatch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page