Anyone watch American Idol? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Veggie Regular

It's dominating television, so I assume there must be some people here who watch it. I've heard negative stories about her, but I am pulling for Amanda. I don't think she'll win though. I definitely feel the women are better this season. My prediction for the show:

12.Jason Castro

11. David Hernandez

10. Kristy Lee Cook

9. Chikezie

8. David Cook

7. Amanda Overmyer

6. Carly Smithson

5. Brooke White

4. Michael Johns

3. Syesha Mercado

2. Ramiele Malubay

1. The next American Idol is David Archuleta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I was wondering where this thread was for this season!

I'm in love with David Cook...I think he's awesome, although he probably won't win.

I agree that David Archuletta is a good candidate for winning.

Amanda is ok...I like that she's different.

I like the dreadlocks guy...is that Jason?

I'm not crazy about Michael Johns although he seems to be popular.

Carly, Syesha and Ramiele are all very good.

I would like to see a guy win this year.
#3 Old 03-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I am a fan of the show. However this year, with my work schedule, I have missed most of the episodes. I like the dreads kid too.

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-10-2008, 07:25 AM
Veggie Regular

I watch it. I like Amanda and Brook for the girls. And for the boys I like All the Davids.
#5 Old 03-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Did anyone here about Amanda's driving record being so horrible? There was a mention of this in a preview for the news, but I didn't stay up to watch it and I can't find anything about it on the Idol message boards.
#6 Old 03-10-2008, 09:33 AM
Veggie Regular

^Nope didn't hear about that one.
#7 Old 03-12-2008, 07:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Have we normally had official threads for the show in past seasons? I assume this is the one for this season? I thought Chikezie, David Cook, Amanda, Carly, and Brooke were all very good. I didn't care for Ramiele too much, but I'd like to see her or Brooke win if Amanda is eliminated soon. I think Kristy and David will be bottom 2 with Kristy being eliminated.
#8 Old 03-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm not too surprised about the results, but I'd say Syesha is one of my favorites so I hope she's around for a long time. I'd probably say Amanda, Ramiele, Brooke, and Syesha are my 4 favorites in that order. I think this is the first season where my favorites have all been one sex.
#9 Old 03-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not too crazy about any of the women, with the possible exception of Brooke. Syesha is predictable and boring, Ramiele is just boring ( I wanted to like her, cuz she's cute, but she's really really not good...). Amanda is interesting, but has NO range, and her "rock" schtick is tired.

The boys on the other hand...

David A. is wonderful (but he SUCKED this week). I predict him as the winner. David Cook is growing on me. and I actually liked Chekezie this week. Jason is sweet (a little too sweet to last long tho... a little too stoned, too). Michael Johns is cute, but he's a tool.

Overall, I think they're all pretty mediocre this season. Add to that the fact that so many of them were planted in the competition by the producers, and the show is very likely a lot more rigged than we realize, and I'm starting to become a fan of www.votefortheworst.com

Nec Aspera Terrent
#10 Old 03-14-2008, 06:51 AM

[QUOTE=WonderRandy]I'm not too crazy about any of the women, with the possible exception of Brooke. Syesha is predictable and boring, Ramiele is just boring ( I wanted to like her, cuz she's cute, but she's really really not good...). Amanda is interesting, but has NO range, and her "rock" schtick is tired.

I agree totally. I am really not fond of any of the women. Amanda drives me batty, she has no range and all of her songs sound the same. My husband is not a fan of the show, but when he sees me watching every week, he says the same thing about her every week.

I am a fan of David Cook. I like the rocker guys

For the girls, my fav is Carly Smithson..excellent range, beautiful girl. Full of spirit.
#11 Old 03-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Is anybody else upset that Danny didnt make the cut? I was so hoping that he was going to be this years Sanjaya.
#12 Old 03-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

If you like this show I'd recommend reading "Chart Throb" by Ben Elton. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#13 Old 03-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

Overall, I think they're all pretty mediocre this season. Add to that the fact that so many of them were planted in the competition by the producers, and the show is very likely a lot more rigged than we realize, and I'm starting to become a fan of www.votefortheworst.com

What do you mean the producers planted them in the competition? I thought the first season was authentic, but it wouldn't surprise me about any of the seasons after that. I also wouldn't be surprised if the judges choose contestants they like before even hearing the performance. There's no horrible, horrible contestant like Sanjaya left this season, so I can't see who they'd be voting for this season on that site.
#14 Old 03-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washoe View Post

Is anybody else upset that Danny didnt make the cut? I was so hoping that he was going to be this years Sanjaya.

Danny wasn't very good, but he's certainly not the horrible singer Sanjaya was. Sanjaya made me almost want to hate the show, so I'd prefer not to see another contestant like him.
#15 Old 03-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I haven't watched for a few seasons, but this year I have really enjoyed it.

I loved the Irish girl, Jason (Dreds guy), David and the Aussie Guy,

lots of talent this year, wether or not they are planted.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#16 Old 03-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Veggie Regular

There were some people in the audience whose screaming was very noticable, and I wish that wasn't the case. I find that a little annoying personally. I thought Carly, Amanda, David A., and Syesha were the best. I didn't feel it was as good as last week. A few seasons ago, Carmen was not one of the best but stayed for many weeks longer than fans expected her to, so I think Kristy could be the same way. Kristy and Chikezie in the bottom 2 with Chikezie being eliminated.
#17 Old 03-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Poor Amanda. I didn't think she'd win but I certainly thought she'd make it further. It's very disappointing IMO. So much of the results shows have become filler, I'd really wish they'd make it a half of an hour.
#18 Old 03-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Veggie Regular

I agree, the results show is too long. Luckily for me, I usually fall asleep but I have my timer going....so I get to fast forward all the 'junk' and just get to the good parts!
#19 Old 03-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

I agree, the results show is too long. Luckily for me, I usually fall asleep but I have my timer going....so I get to fast forward all the 'junk' and just get to the good parts!

Do you watch the commercial the Idol contestants do every week? They're so corny, I think they should stop doing those commercials altogether.
#20 Old 03-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Not any more...they were actually joking about that on "the View" today...how they should stop doing them....
#21 Old 03-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I haven't really watched this show in the past (though I did always enjoy the tryouts for laughs). For some reason we kept watching this year. I really love David Archuleta's voice (even if he was horrible last week). I've had him pegged for the winner of the competition for a long time.

Quote:

Pssst. DVR. We record it and just fast forward through all the crap. We can start watching when the show is almost over and catch the results live.
#22 Old 03-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, don't have the DVR as yet!
#23 Old 03-20-2008, 04:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yeah, don't have the DVR as yet!

If it's available, get it get it get it! It is so worth it. I have a hard time watching tv without it (like when I'm at my parents, and I miss something and want to rewind it and realize that I can't). It's good because I actually spend less time watching tv now - I record the shows I want to watch and when I want to watch tv, I just watch those shows instead of mindlessly sitting in front of the tv and watching whatever is on and then also watching the shows I want to see. If that makes any sense.
#24 Old 03-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok, ok, ok!!
#25 Old 03-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Ok, ok, ok!!

#26 Old 03-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Not any more...they were actually joking about that on "the View" today...how they should stop doing them....

I can't say I disagree with that. They did a behind-the-scenes of their commercial this week, and that's one of the first times they've ever done that. I can't see them stopping them anytime soon if they have no problem wasting 4 minutes doing a behind-the-scenes feature.
#27 Old 03-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Veggie Regular

I already miss Amanda. Heart is one of my favorite bands of all-time, but Ramielle just should not be singing music like that. I still think she will be one of the finalists and she's still one of my favorites. I thought Syesha was the best, and Chikezie will be eliminated.
#28 Old 03-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Veggie Regular

I thought David was surprisingly crappy this week. What the hell was that awful song he sang? That guy who sang Billie Jean (what's his name?) was the only one who I thought was good. But then I usually hate all of it, yet feel compelled to watch the whole season anyway. Maybe I need a support group or something.
#29 Old 03-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
That guy who sang Billie Jean (what's his name?) was the only one who I thought was good.

Yeah, I saw a bit of that when I was in a cafe earlier on tonight.

I couldn't hear it that well but it seemed like a pretty good version.
#30 Old 03-27-2008, 01:43 PM

Chikezie got ripped off!! Come on America!! Jason stinks, he sings like he's whispering, has no range and those dreads look ridiculous!!! Ramiele should have been in Chikezie's place to begin with. Granted she was under the weather but niether has she been able to deliver the goods.

Jason is the Sanjaya of season 7. He couldn't sell pardons in a womens prison much less sell a million copies of a CD! He's gotta go!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page