Embarrasing (Reading/Viewing that you're embarrassed to like) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-25-2008, 04:53 AM

Is there any shows/movies/books that you read/watch, that would be embarrasing if your friends/family found out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Veggie Regular

When I look at GQ.

Most people think of me as a "granola head"

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
#3 Old 02-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I've been reading Berserk, and I'd be mortified if anyone in my family knew what it was. And I've been watching a bunch of Saturday morning shows from when I was a kid, like Batman and the first season of Power Rangers. That's pretty embarrassing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-25-2008, 01:03 PM

Not really. I don't care if they find out whatever I read/watch/ect. I'm not embarrased by what I like or who I am.
#5 Old 02-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm addicted to celeb reality shows. I'm not embarrassed by it because my younger brother and sister are the ones who really got me into them. Celeb Rehab with Dr. Drew (I think Dr. Drew is cool as hell and I've always had a crush on him), My Fair Brady (Adrianne Curry is hiliarious), all those stupid dating/elimination shows. As for reading, I would steal my ex bf's playboy magazines all the time. And yes it was actually because of the articles. Specifically the celebrity interviews because they were so more real and uncensored compared to interviews in other magazines. I've done the two hour baths before too. Sometimes at weird times like 1am and have a habit of dozing off.
#6 Old 02-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkified View Post

i've been known (on really off days, ahem) to take 2 hour long baths with wine ...and read, gasp - GOSSIP MAGAZINES.

that's emabarassing. but there, i admitted it.

I always read those mags when I go to the salon to get my hair done but I won't buy them because it's a waste of money, imo. If they were free, I might take a bath and read them.

But I gotta agree with animallover on this one. I'm not embarassed about anything, really. I love certain cheesy/trashy reality tv shows (ANTM, Survivor, PR), old-school comedies like The Golden Girls The Cosby Show, and I love my soap opera. I love my erotica, my religious books and the other cheestastic books that I read, too. I don't think anyone in my family would care what I read or watch... except maybe something republican.
#7 Old 02-26-2008, 12:14 AM
Veggie Regular

I love Soap Operas....but then most people know this so I can't be that embarrassed by it. My Mum calls me and we share soap stories - she catches me up on Young and the Restless and I catch her up on Bold and the Beautiful - so that's fairly embarrasing stuff.

I also love taking rediculously long baths - but I usually take cook books in with me as a guilty pleasure. Strange considering I never use cook books when I actually cook.
#8 Old 02-26-2008, 01:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Pokemon. Not the little creatures, the more serious bad guys. They're just cool... they're not ridiculous Gary Stu's like the twerp, and they actually have 3D-ness. I really like pondering what they do on their days off. *points to avatar* Not that you can tell, or anything.

Thankfully, no one at college really seems to care. Not at this college, anyways.
#9 Old 02-26-2008, 02:06 AM
law
Veggie Regular

Oprah...
#10 Old 02-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I actually read (and enjoyed!) Pat Buchanan's (!) "Right From the Beginning" - he actually led a pretty interesting life. Of course, I don't agree with his political philosophy.
#11 Old 02-28-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

Not really. I don't care if they find out whatever I read/watch/ect. I'm not embarrased by what I like or who I am.

I agree I am not embarrased by what I read or watch...I am a proud Soap Opera..OLTL watcher and I love to read the Tabloids espically the Globe and I Love Trashy Romance Novels.
#12 Old 02-29-2008, 03:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Ha!!!

This is my favorite question to ask people on a first date!

Seriously, not only is it a perfect opportunity to see a more sensitive side or whatever...but it's a great ice-breaker. Esp since said person is going to feel the need to go into a long-winded explanation as to why they LOVE their Spongebob Squarepants Soundtrack CD.

I have the Spongebob soundtrack, and the Hampsterdance CD. I'm also a closet Celtic music freak, and play several different kinds of flutes (but I would DIE if anyone of my friends or co-workers found out!!!)

Let's see... I love Michael Jackson (songs & dances...the person's a bit off), watch cartoons (a lot), and until my home computer died I was addicted to the games on Nick.com.

Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
#13 Old 03-02-2008, 09:23 AM

I will admit it. I m entrely addicted to The Deadliest Catch. It is probably wrong and hypocritical of me because I am vegetarian and think it is wrong to kill animals for food, but I was entirely and completely addicted to it when Discovery Channel had it on a lot. I never missed a chance to watch it. I honestly can't explain what was so addicting about it, but I loved watching it and I still flip to the Discovery Channel to see if they happen to be running re-runs of it.

I'm sorry, veggie community. I'm decidedly ungood.
#14 Old 03-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Well... I don't know if this counts since it's a WEBSITE, but...

Neopets. Haha. It gets bad sometimes... shh!!!
#15 Old 03-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Veggie Regular

I used to be embarrassed to say that I enjoy classical music, but that's when I was a teen. I don't care who knows now.
#16 Old 03-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't care much if people know, but these are some unusual things that I loooove:

1. Pokemon (the Nintendo games/creatures)

2. That's So Raven on the Disney channel

3. CATS the musical (everyone I know hates it!)
#17 Old 03-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah especially past tense. Forget the family...I'm embarrassed of admitting to myself I once liked (______).

There's always the original storyline I used for my portfolio series. It's not what most people consider a good cartoon series. I was first taken by the artwork of this series which is what I consider the very best in cartoon style and I am unable to re - create so I quit trying.

I don't even know myself how it turned into something that was a passing interest into the storyline I've played with second longest. Had I known I would be keeping it so long, I would have given teh original set of chars better names.

Part of me is also ashamed that I could never develop an original storyline, I always had to steal someone else's and work with it. Of course by altering this story I can get away with it. The chars are people.

I could never do this with Eclipse as she's clearly a transformer and thus I can't pull of anything remotely original with that theme.
#18 Old 03-08-2008, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySoStarry View Post

I will admit it. I m entrely addicted to The Deadliest Catch. It is probably wrong and hypocritical of me because I am vegetarian and think it is wrong to kill animals for food, but I was entirely and completely addicted to it when Discovery Channel had it on a lot. I never missed a chance to watch it. I honestly can't explain what was so addicting about it, but I loved watching it and I still flip to the Discovery Channel to see if they happen to be running re-runs of it.

I'm sorry, veggie community. I'm decidedly ungood.

My Fiancee is a bigg fan of this show and I have seen many eppys too..always cheering for the Crab to get away.
#19 Old 03-08-2008, 12:45 AM

I am not embarrased by this but a friend jokingly said I should be...I have been watching the Canadian Tv show Degrassi series since I was in Jr. High...like all the shows from The House on Degrassi Street to Degrassi Jr High to Degrassi High and Degrassi the Next Generation..and all the documentaries degrassi talks...and the degrassi 90 minute movie schools out.
#20 Old 03-08-2008, 05:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I watch the news. I don't know why that is embarrassing, but no one else that I know who is around my age does that.

Also, I listen to rock sometimes, and if you knew me, that might seem a bit, well, odd.

I write stories sometimes, but I'm embarrassed for anyone to see or read them.

I'm a fairly insecure person, though, so most things that I do are embarrassing to me.
#21 Old 03-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Have to also add Sailor Moon to this list...I had a friend who was really into Sailor Moon and she got me into it. I like it a lot better than any other anime I've seen, which is largely boring, IMO.
#22 Old 03-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaved_women View Post

Have to also add Sailor Moon to this list...I had a friend who was really into Sailor Moon and she got me into it. I like it a lot better than any other anime I've seen, which is largely boring, IMO.

Dub or sub?

I am a closet RPG freak. Not WoW or Runescape or roleplaying games, I mean forums. Like your own posts. I started a Sailor Moon roleplaying site (the Japanese version, not the kiddy American version) that was successful for quite awhile. The third anniversary would be on October 25, 2008, if it was still up. I still like RPG even though I don't do it anymore, and it really gave me a love of writing.
#23 Old 03-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Have to say, dub.
#24 Old 03-16-2008, 12:39 AM
Veggie Regular

I love, love, love Gossip Girl. Partner mocks me incessantly. "Omg, Jenn, you DO have a second X chromosome!"
#25 Old 03-16-2008, 03:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Despite the fact that everyone knows me as the hardcore girl that listens to metal, hard rock, etc... (In fact, I'm at work listening to Marilyn Manson right now) I DO have several artists/bands that I secretly like, would never bring to work, and hide keep separate from the 'regular' cd/music file collection:

Britney Spears

Clint Black

Savage Garden

Rob Thomas

Spongebob Squarepants Soundtrack

RuPaul (just because she's sexy!)

Dvorak

Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
#26 Old 03-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I love love love Degrassi: The Next Generation, and I used to ADORE Sailor Moon. I'm sure if I saw it on again, I would be all over that.

And I must say, I am very obsessed with the Twilight book series by Stephenie Meyer. Total guilty pleasure. I almost died when I heard they were making a movie...omg if they screw it up...*shakes fist*

I'm not embarrassed about any of it, but my boyfriend does make fun of me for all of them

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page