VeggieBoards banner

Bree Sharp

2K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  danakscully64 
#1 ·
Anyone here ever heard of Bree Sharp? She's my favorite artist of all time. I've been a fan for almost 9 years and.... she's a vegetarian
Her top hit was "David Duchovny," which is the song that got me listening to her in the first place.

She's going to release her 4th album this year. If you're interested in listening to her new music, check out her MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/breesharp

I love all of her songs, but from her new album, The Wretched Sound of City Cars tops my list. So Long 2 U is fabulous as well (heck, they all are). Her new stuff is a little different than her older material. Some of her other fabulous songs include: Faster, Faster, Dirty Magazine, Not Your Girl, Waving Goodbye (Live), The ballad of Grim and Lily, etc.

Check her out!

See less See more
#4 ·
I first heard her on pandora.com in February or March of 2006. My favorite song of hers is Everything Feels Wrong and my second favorite is Lazy Afternoon. I don't own any of her CDs or songs, so I only hear her music when she pops up on one of my pandora stations.

#7 ·
YAY! Isn't that song funny?
I seriously used to listen to it on repeat... I've EASILY heard it over 1,000 times, EASILY (since 1999).

Her non-slow songs are more techno on this album, but I like it. I'm always singing Robots in Love to my bf, even HE listens to it when I'm not around.

#9 ·
Her lyrics are great...

In the name of revenge:

"I keep a picture in my head

Of the next time that we'll meet

When every bitter word you said

Will reappear for you to eat

It's so sweet…"

Robots in Love

"QOTSA on the hi-fi

We were talking via wi-fi

So much Aqua Teen and sci-fi

I was, ''oh, my''

When he said, ''I love you, girl'' it was 4 in the morning"

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

The "I'm gonna kill Scully!" part gets me every time.
Of course
Have you seen the music video? It's on YouTube. The audio and video quality sucks, but its loaded with celebrities, including the X-Files cast... Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Pamela Anderson, Whoopi Goldberg, Rosie O'Donnell, Jenna Elfman, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Alex Trebek, Kiss, and Jerry Springer... the list goes on. It's blurry, so sometimes it's hard to tell who it is. I would LOVE to see the clear version

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Her non-slow songs are more techno on this album, but I like it. I'm always singing Robots in Love to my bf, even HE listens to it when I'm not around.
I've not heard the newest stuff but Cheap And Evil Girl has more of a rock feel to it.

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

You're not kidding. It's like watching Spanish television.
.... with blurry eyes
It's funny though... Bree Sharp didn't put it together, I think X-Files crew members did it.

Quote:
So I acquired some of her songs and my initial reaction is me likey. She has kind of a Natalie Merchant thing going on, no?
I've only heard one of Natalie's songs, so I couldn't say for sure... I don't think so, but maybe. I always liked that Bree Sharp co-wrote her songs, usually her lyrics were here own (especially on the new album). This album is more "her" than ever

I can listen to The Wretched Sound of City Cars allllllllll day! And I do... it drives my bf nuts how much I listen to her.

#14 ·
I like what she's got on Myspace, but she's not on Ruckus (free music for college students) and I don't know if I like her enough to actually pay for her music. I don't usually buy music until I start singing along to the lyrics on the radio.

I'll just listen to her Myspace for a while and see if it grows on me.
It's been a while since I found a new artist to listen to.

#16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iria View Post

I like what she's got on Myspace, but she's not on Ruckus (free music for college students) and I don't know if I like her enough to actually pay for her music. I don't usually buy music until I start singing along to the lyrics on the radio.

I'll just listen to her Myspace for a while and see if it grows on me.
It's been a while since I found a new artist to listen to.
I would definately recommend taking advantage of her songs being on MySpace
When she first released the new songs on there, I FREAKED out and listened to them on repeat (heck, I still do that now). And in mid-January, she added the 2 more songs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.